July 6th, 2022 - 12-Night Mediterranean with Greek Isles Cruise from Civitavecchia to Barcelona

Curious what everyone is doing for testing prior to flying out of Barcelona? Part of me is hoping that USA drops the requirement as other countries have, but that's probably wishful thinking. I'm debating buying the 'online proctored' tests to bring with us vs. scheduling something in Barcelona in a lab. Thoughts?

Has anyone got a handle on the COVID protocols for sailing from Rome? I see instructions for sailing from Barcelona. Maybe they will be similar.

Curious what everyone is doing for testing prior to flying out of Barcelona? Part of me is hoping that USA drops the requirement as other countries have, but that's probably wishful thinking. I'm debating buying the 'online proctored' tests to bring with us vs. scheduling something in Barcelona in a lab. Thoughts?
Great question.... appreciate your post as I didn't have this item on my "to do" list.

My assumption was DCL would provide an onboard service for the test prior to our departure in Barcelona. Adventures By Disney facilitates return home testing, so I made the logic leap DCL would too.

However, not much communication from DCL on this topic (unless I missed it). Feels like we need to consider a Plan B solution and will likely order the online tests.

Getting close! We fly out on the 30th and will spend a few days in London and Paris before the cruise, including a stop at Disneyland Paris. So excited for this trip!

Thank you. I ended up having to call. I can't make any changes or reservations online. Weird.

Great news that testing to return to the U.S. was dropped, so that's one less thing to worry about. Now we just have to survive our kid's boredom from our self-imposed quarantine in the two weeks leading up to the trip. 😏

Just realised that I've not checked in here for the cruise but been reading the posts for a while. There's myself, DH and our 3 grown up DD1, DD2 & DS. My husband and son tend to stay on board the ship but myself and daughters enjoys getting off and exploring. We have cruised the med before so have nothing booked for Italy and France, but have excursions booked for Santorini and Mykanos. :).
Does anyone know if and when there is a pirate night? My next couple of months are full on at work so I'm trying to start thinking about what I need to pack/ still by when I get 5 minutes
I heard that there is supposed to be a pirate night on Piraeus night

Any word on what the movies are in the Buena Vista Theater? We cruise Disney constantly and did the 12 day Mediterranean Cruise a few years ago so we can't wait for this cruise!!

Just a few updates to share as we think about some of the excursions we are doing on our own:
  • LIVORNO: I booked a tour of the Uffuzi museum at 10:30am, so I think I'm going to brave taking the train to Florence. There look to be options that can get me into the city by 9:30am, vs. the buses and shuttles are closer to 11am.
  • PIRAEUS: My private driver convinced us to do Corinth first thing in the morning, and then drive back to Athens to do it in the afternoon. We have a private guide scheduled for 1pm for the Acropolis--hopefully not to hot our crowded!
  • MAREILLES: We want to try to do lavender fields. Has anyone done that before? Is it worth it? Thinking of taking the public bus to Aix and then booking a driver from that city to see the fields.
Excited to be less than 2 months away! Hopefully the room assignments will come soon.

Steve
Hi!.. hope that you had a wonderful trip and 2023 comes with lots of blessings.... do you mind pls sharing how was the experience in Livorno taking the train? and the lavender fields?
We're travelling next summer with a 7yr old kid and your trip reports have been very useful, thank you!

Hi!.. hope that you had a wonderful trip and 2023 comes with lots of blessings.... do you mind pls sharing how was the experience in Livorno taking the train? and the lavender fields?
We're travelling next summer with a 7yr old kid and your trip reports have been very useful, thank you!
Unfortunately, we ended up getting COVID on the ship and in quarantine for 8 days. Oof! I had totally planned on writing up a trip report, but obviously the 'spark' for writing up our trip wasn't as strong as expected. Maybe enough time has passed that I'll do a mini-report soon. 🙃

As for Livorno and Lavender fields...we didn't get to do either. We were all still in quarantine in Livorno. In Marseille, my DD (8) and I were allowed off the ship, but my DW and DS (11) were still in quarantine. I debated taking my daughter to Aix and to see the lavender fields, but I didn't think she'd enjoy it as much. We decided to stay in town and take a boat to Château d'If, the island that served as the setting for the Count of Monte Cristo.

Unfortunately, we ended up getting COVID on the ship and in quarantine for 8 days. Oof! I had totally planned on writing up a trip report, but obviously the 'spark' for writing up our trip wasn't as strong as expected. Maybe enough time has passed that I'll do a mini-report soon. 🙃

As for Livorno and Lavender fields...we didn't get to do either. We were all still in quarantine in Livorno. In Marseille, my DD (8) and I were allowed off the ship, but my DW and DS (11) were still in quarantine. I debated taking my daughter to Aix and to see the lavender fields, but I didn't think she'd enjoy it as much. We decided to stay in town and take a boat to Château d'If, the island that served as the setting for the Count of Monte Cristo.
thanks for sharing... I imagine the feelings during the quarantine... :( but fortunately the kids are always resilient... happy 2023

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!