July 4th fireworks at DL: worth it?

gudenufmom

Earning My Ears
I just got a dining reservation that I happened upon for July 4th Plaza Inn fireworks viewing. Don’t know anything about this package…is this new or has it been done before? If so, has anyone had a good experience?

I also want to know if the fireworks for July 4 are better than those that will be shown on 7/3, because I can also view that night.

Are the 7/4 fireworks too crowded to enjoy?

Very crowded but I have been in the Magic Kingdom in Disneyland, California many times to see the July 4th fireworks. The night of the Fourth of July is a special show. My favorite spot is near the tree on the bridge to the right of the castle. But the Plaza would be a good spot too. Land near one of the speakers. The music is fun too. Do it!

I just got a dining reservation that I happened upon for July 4th Plaza Inn fireworks viewing. Don’t know anything about this package…is this new or has it been done before? If so, has anyone had a good experience?

I also want to know if the fireworks for July 4 are better than those that will be shown on 7/3, because I can also view that night.

Are the 7/4 fireworks too crowded to enjoy?
I saw the package drop yesterday and I too reserved the dining package for the fireworks viewing area. I did this to avoid the crowded areas and not to have to stake out a place hours in advance. I watched a YouTube video on a similar event for 2022 New Years package at the Plaza Inn. Sold me!

With the package your fireworks experience will be great! It's the rest of the day that will be busy so make a plan!

I also want to give a shout out to anyone else reading this thread that WOC does an awesome pre show on 4th of July too (or did in the past) so if you want to avoid DL, try WOC! It was a highlight when we did 4th of July in 2019!

Very crowded but I have been in the Magic Kingdom in Disneyland, California many times to see the July 4th fireworks. The night of the Fourth of July is a special show. My favorite spot is near the tree on the bridge to the right of the castle. But the Plaza would be a good spot too. Land near one of the speakers. The music is fun too. Do it!

We arrive around dinner time on July 4, so I'm hoping to view the fireworks from the esplanade. Does anyone know if we'll be able to hear the music there?

According to others on here, when they run the "July 4" fireworks on July 3, the July 3rd version of the show is not the full show. I've only done July 4 so I can't confirm that personally.

I'd definitely consider keeping that reservation if you don't want to be saving spots for hours. By 7PM, I doubt there'll be better spots than Plaza Inn available unless you have a wheelchair.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter