July 4 EP ADR or FP

Jfine

Mouseketeer
What would you do for July 4th at Epcot? We have an 8:15 reservation at La Hacienda and fp for Illuminations. Which one do you think is better?
For anyone that has done one of the options...how are the views at La Hacienda? Without a table by the window? For the Illuminations fp - how early do we need to be there for the 4th? How crowded is it when it's full? How is the view?

We have eaten at La Hacienda twice and it took a lot longer than 45 minutes both times. I would either get an earlier reservation or cancel it if you really want to see the fireworks. The tables at the window would have a good view but there is no way to guarantee that you would get one.

The fp area for Illuminations is supposed to have a good view. :)

I have never done an fp for Illuminations so I can't offer an opinion on that. But my husband and I got really lucky at La Hacienda this past Nov. It was the 19th, the week leading into Thanksgiving so a fairly busy time. We also had an 8:15pm reservation, hoping to get a window seat to watch the fireworks. We decided to go to La Hacienda early. We got there at 7:45pm, pleaded our case to the CM outside checking people in, saying we would be happy to wait until whenever just to score a window seat. He told us absolutely no guarantee but he would try; less than 5 min later he said a window view table opened up and we took it. We were afraid we were TOO early to catch the fireworks, but we took our time gnawing on an appetizer, eating dinner, having drinks etc. It was the most perfect table for 2, nestled into a corner by the window and the view was amazing. What a great experience. I think we just got lucky though. An FP will be a sure thing. I also imagine July 4th will be REALLY busy in the parks/restaurants etc. I attached a picture, not the best picture, but it gives you an idea of the view we had.

Attachments

• IMG_7662.JPG
    IMG_7662.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 11

Yeah, the FP+ ship sailed a long time ago for the 4th. I was looking for some other options, but I think I will try to have an earlier dinner and stake a claim to watch the fireworks. I usually skip Illuminations but I have heard the finale for the 4th is amazing. I wonder if I could see the fireworks part of the show from the bridge/walkway back to Future World?

We have a FP also for July 4th Illuminations. Last year June we did a FP for it as well and we got there 90 minutes before the start of the show and people with FP were already lining up, (we were 8th in line)

I just don't have it in me to wait that long for anything! lol I travel solo and can usually find a decent (not great) spot for most shows. But I am prepared to queue up a little bit earlier than usual next week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter