July 29- August 9 2018 Magic Northern Europe Cruise meet

Hello everyone! Excited to be joining this thread and start planning for this amazing cruise. My husband and I are Brits, but have lived in Florida for 13 years. We have a son (14) and daughter (10) who are so excited for this very different cruise! This will be our 5th Disney Cruise after taking a back-to-back cruise on the Magic last year. We just love this ship!! We’re planning on spending a few weeks with family and friends in London before boarding the ship and then a couple of days after to explore Copenhagen before flying home to FL. Would definitely be interested in joining a FE group and if anyone has any questions on what to do in London before or after the cruise then I can surely help! Looking forward to cruising with you all!

Happy almost New year... And once it's 2018 the cruise won't feel quite so far away!

We'd love to join the FE once that gets started.

And if anyone has tips on what to do in each port that would be appreciated. We're just starting the research process...our first time doing such a long cruise so it's a bit daunting!

Happy almost New year... And once it's 2018 the cruise won't feel quite so far away!

We'd love to join the FE once that gets started.

And if anyone has tips on what to do in each port that would be appreciated. We're just starting the research process...our first time doing such a long cruise so it's a bit daunting!
If you’re want to do something in Dover, I highly recommend visiting Dover Castle. Beautiful and very historic, and make sure you do the tour of the underground tunnels used in WWII. Fascinating.

Hello everyone, we will also be on this cruise. It will be our 4th Disney cruise (all on the Magic), previously we have done 2 med cruises and 1 Bahamas. My kids will be 9 and 7 when we go and we probably won’t tell them until a few days before!

We live in the UK so it’s a 90 minute drive for us to the port. We will probably only do the Disney excursions in St Petersburg as this saves having to pay for a visa (they will grant you access without if on an official Disney excursion). I’ve been to Tallinn, Amsterdam, Helsinki, Stockholm and Copenhagen before and they are all easy cities to explore on foot or with public transport. You can easily walk into town from the port at Tallinn and explore on foot.

We will get off the boat at Warnemunde but doubt we will go to Berlin as it’s quite far (I’ve been to Berlin before but not with my family). On previous cruises we had difficulty getting the kids off the boat as they loved it so much so we won’t be going on big excursions. Given that we live near London it’s easy and cheap to fly to Berlin if we want to take the kids there in the future.

At the end of the cruise we will spend 1 night in Copenhagen before flying out.

I would be vary wary of doing an Independent trip (even If you have a visa) in St Petersburg. Having done an independent trip to Moscow before I can honestly say that Russia is like no other place I have been to (and I have been to many other Eastern European countries and former soviet states) and I just would not feel comfortable on my own with my family in Moscow (maybe St Petersburg will be different but Moscow preally put me off)

I read that there is a refurbishment taking place on The Magic early this year and a new Tangled themed restaurant opened which we are looking forward to seeing!

Effect on travel in London.

https://www.visitlondon.com/things-to-do/event/42500828-ridelondon#Ba3CbUSAzCq86rup.97

Trip report.

http://torussiawithmickeybars.blogspot.co.uk/

St Petersburg.

To enhance your visit to St Petersburg do consider private tours.

These are highly recommended I have used them a number of times before, and many savvy cruisers have.

http://anastasia.travel/

You see more, do more, your in smaller vans, not sitting with 55 on a coach, where half see the inside of a coach for 8 hours.

You can edit your own itinerary i.e. Stay out Day and evening without a 45 min trip in and out if the cruise port to/ from city and border control.

Safer than DCL doesn't " advertise" a bus full of tourists, but in local vehicles with good drivers who can go down smaller local streets if required.

Anastasia heresekf personally oversees.

They organise your permits to get on and off, on four occasions we git through before DCL coaches in 5 minutes, typically the ship arrives earlier than advertised we were sightseeing an hour before avertised times.

Howdy Everyone,

Can't wait to join everyone on the ship. We are going on our first Disney Cruise and super excited!! :yay: We have never been on a cruise before with our son (13). This is also our first trip to Europe.

We are from Texas, so this is going to be huge.

We have had it booked since June but just really getting in to planning now. Looks like I might be a bit behind. Will be poking around to find any information I can but any advice is certainly welcome!

Hi Everyone! We just booked! Very excited! Are most people here on the Facebook page also?
I joined the FE on the Facebook page.. there are currently almost three groups filled...with about 10 cabins in each group!
Looking forward to sharing tips and insights and hopefully meeting one another!!
Cheers!
Tresha

Greetings fellow future Magic ship mates...Adriana here, representing the Jones family based in San Fran, Ca, East Bay Area. My spouse Troy, and sons Brayden (14) and Brenan (10) are very excited to join our third Disney cruise previously in Alaska and Bahamas, back to back years. DVC members these past thirteen years we have recently fallen in love with the Disney cruise experience. Thank to scope patch.....HA:worship:

Looking forward to Europe and in particular helping our kids get introduced first hand the incredibly diverse cultures and world experience.

First time Disboard subscriber.... when do the meet ups typically happen?pixiedust:

Trying to learn the ropes about FE .... is it manageable given how busy trips can be? And how many gifts per cabin is typical? Thanks for your help and guidance!
Very much looking forward to meeting you and hearing from you.

I can see one poster on the forums having a fit over the number of FB links posted!
HakunaMatataNoWorries... it has been rather quiet here.. but I definitely appreciate that not everyone is on FB! I don't know if anyone else looked if the booked GTY, but we have our GTY assignment! I wasn't too happy with the placement, so I was able to rebook another room.. that was a lucky break! What are folks in the planning stages of now? Hopefully that will get us jump started!!

HakunaMatataNoWorries... it has been rather quiet here.. but I definitely appreciate that not everyone is on FB! I don't know if anyone else looked if the booked GTY, but we have our GTY assignment! I wasn't too happy with the placement, so I was able to rebook another room.. that was a lucky break! What are folks in the planning stages of now? Hopefully that will get us jump started!!
Great you got your room sorted out, GTY is always a gamble.

Hello all! Where is everyone? FB I'm assuming. We booked this cruise late (I think in May) and we CAN NOT WAIT. I'm over the moon excited and now need to start thinking about packing. Any suggestions for Northern Europe? And will we even be able to use the pools or will probably be too chilly??

Hello everybody,

Thank you for having me and for reading my post. I understand you’re all are very excited and that’s totally understandable, you’re coming to Europe. Let me explain what I am doing here. My three children and me are huge Disney fans. We’ve been to Disneyland Paris several times. Untill this day we’ve never visited a Disney park in The States or made a trip with the Disney cruise. We live in a small town in the south of the Netherlands and this monday we are going to Amsterdam just to see you arrive om the Disney Magic. We are so excited!! Since we can’t board the ship due to understandable security reasons I was wondering... Is there someone amongst you Worldtravelers willing to bring something ashore from the ship like a pin, a keycoard or anything nice from the ship? It would make my day. Offcourse I will be on the shore to pay you immediately in Euro’s or Dollars if needed. Hoping someone is so kindly.
A fellow Disney-fan.

You can mail me at: cjmmdekkers@gmail.com or leave a reply here. Thank you very much and have a save trip.

Hello all! Where is everyone? FB I'm assuming. We booked this cruise late (I think in May) and we CAN NOT WAIT. I'm over the moon excited and now need to start thinking about packing. Any suggestions for Northern Europe? And will we even be able to use the pools or will probably be too chilly??
Hi! It’s over 35 thegrees celcius in Amsterdam at the moment. I think you would be able to use the pools!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter