July 25th, 2024 - 10-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral (St John's, Castries, Roseau, Tortola, Lighthouse Point, Castaway Cay)

Juan M

Mouseketeer
Howdy Y’all! Figured I’d start a thread to see if anyone else on these boards is on the 10 night Southern coming up in July. This will be My DW, DS and myself 7th cruise and 5th on the Fantasy.

Howdy! My family will be on this sailing. We've sailed HAL and Celeb but this is our first Disney Cruise. Excited for 10 days on the Fantasy!
We love the Fantasy and consider it to be our “Home Ship” since we love the longer itineraries. I’ve never tried HAL or Celebrity but it’s hard to beat the level of service DCL offers for us!

Also on this cruise. We did the 10 night last year too, so was eager to book this one. We booked opening day, so almost a year ago, March. We do belong to the FB group too. This cruise is sold out, though a room might pop up occasionally. Last year we booked on a Vgt, but this year it won’t be getting any discounts. I was lucky to get a 25% off when my September cruise had engine problems. So got a great discount and stacked it with my placeholder, which i thought wouldn’t be allowed, but it was.

Also on this cruise. We did the 10 night last year too, so was eager to book this one. We booked opening day, so almost a year ago, March. We do belong to the FB group too. This cruise is sold out, though a room might pop up occasionally. Last year we booked on a Vgt, but this year it won’t be getting any discounts. I was lucky to get a 25% off when my September cruise had engine problems. So got a great discount and stacked it with my placeholder, which i thought wouldn’t be allowed, but it was.

We just used our regular placeholder for this, not lucky enough to have anything else to stack with. We were really hoping to move from our current rooms with whitewall verandahs, but looks like that won’t be possible!

We just booked this cruise. We are very excited but lots to research with these ports.

We just booked this cruise. We are very excited but lots to research with these ports.
We love to take a catamaran cruise with Aristocat Daysails when we go to Tortola, and just booked them for this cruise as well. Last time we went it was all DCL cruisers, and they’re great with kids as well. Looking forward to seeing what is available on the other islands

We're on this cruise also. It will be our first with DCL over 7 nights. We booked opening day with our placeholder.

Hi All:

We are on this cruise, and very excited!

We are a family of four, with two active boys ages 10 and 8.

We wanted to see if anybody with kiddos in the same age range would be interested in splitting a catamaran charter from St. John's with us. We are open to suggestion on chartering companies, but from some quick research, looks like prices are about $1,500 for a full day on a catamaran (including tip and gas). We are also open to suggestion on where to go and what to do that day, but some time at a secluded beach accessible only by boat would be at the top of our list. We chartered a boat a couple years ago in the Virgin Islands, and it was one of the best days we've had on our Disney Cruise adventures.

It'd also be great to get to know some kiddos about the same age before getting on the ship, so the kiddos have some built-in friends.

We're on this cruise too! "We" is me (Melissa), my husband, my two kids - son, 4, daughter, 18 months, and my mom will be joining us as well. This is my 10th DCL cruise but the last time I sailed was in 2017. Looking very forward to this cruise and my son is so so excited. He sees the commercials on Disney Junior all the time and shouts with excitement about how he's going on Mickey's Ship.

Has anyone figured out what they are doing in Dominica? On our own options seem limited. We are only gold (this is our 10th!) so I am concerned that port adventures will book up before our booking date comes. From reading about the 10 night cruises in prior years this seems to have happened a lot.

Tonight (tomorrow EST) is 105 days from sail date, so I hopped on to start reserving activities. There must be a ton of Platinum and Pearl cruisers on this itinerary, as all Palo brunches are sold out, and Palo dinner for Pirate night (our least favorite menu) are totally booked up!

Here’s hoping they open up some more availability!

Hi All:

We are on this cruise, and very excited!

We are a family of four, with two active boys ages 10 and 8.

We wanted to see if anybody with kiddos in the same age range would be interested in splitting a catamaran charter from St. John's with us. We are open to suggestion on chartering companies, but from some quick research, looks like prices are about $1,500 for a full day on a catamaran (including tip and gas). We are also open to suggestion on where to go and what to do that day, but some time at a secluded beach accessible only by boat would be at the top of our list. We chartered a boat a couple years ago in the Virgin Islands, and it was one of the best days we've had on our Disney Cruise adventures.

It'd also be great to get to know some kiddos about the same age before getting on the ship, so the kiddos have some built-in friends.
Hi there, we have an 8 year old and are booked for the Circumnavigation Tour through Adventure Antigua. Super responsive via email and they have good reviews on other Trip reports here on these boards. While not quite a private charter, all reviews look like they limit the amount of people on board so it’s spacious enough. We are a group of 6 total including the 8 year old.

Tonight (tomorrow EST) is 105 days from sail date, so I hopped on to start reserving activities. There must be a ton of Platinum and Pearl cruisers on this itinerary, as all Palo brunches are sold out, and Palo dinner for Pirate night (our least favorite menu) are totally booked up!

Here’s hoping they open up some more availability!
Everything is very booked up. I hope they release more port adventures on the smaller islanders. We have been looking into private excursions and it is tricky especially as we are traveling in the off season.

Any recommendations on what to do on St. Lucia? The port adventure we wanted to book wasn't even an option when I went to book last night, and having a 4 year old and 22 month old, our options are limited.

Also, was anyone able to pre-register for the kids club? I couldn't do it but can't figure out what I'm doing wrong when I click on the pre-registration link.

Any recommendations on what to do on St. Lucia? The port adventure we wanted to book wasn't even an option when I went to book last night, and having a 4 year old and 22 month old, our options are limited.

Also, was anyone able to pre-register for the kids club? I couldn't do it but can't figure out what I'm doing wrong when I click on the pre-registration link.
I think pre registration for clubs opens up with online check in, which is usually a month out or so from sail date.

I think pre registration for clubs opens up with online check in, which is usually a month out or so from sail date.
Ok thanks. This is the first Disney Cruise I'm going on with my kids, so I've never done it before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter