July 25, 2013 Disney Dream 3-night

:welcome: I'm 38 and DBF is 41. This will be my first Disney cruise without the kids so I'm very excited. I hope we get more people soon. I would love to get started on FE gifts.

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :goodvibes

Have a great cruise!

This will be our first Disney cruise. We are going with our family a party of seven to celebrate my husband 40th birthday. Party comprises of mother and father in law, sister in law and brother in law, husband, my 9 year old daughter and myself. We will be travelling from the UK and cannot wait for the whole Disney experience!!!!!

I (32) am taking my mother (59) on her first ever cruise (and her first trip to WDW!). Needless to say, we're both pretty excited.... me, because I'm a total Disney geek.... and her, because she literally hasn't been on a real vacation in 30 years AND has never been on a cruise (which she's always wanted to go on one)! This is is actually the first cruise ever for the both of us! I am terribly excited! :cheer2:

Nfrank, welcome to this board! I too am excited for you and your mom!! You are so sweet to bring her on such a fun vacation!! Would y'all like to join us in doing the fish extenders?

This is my family's first Disney cruise (children's 1st cruise anywhere) and I am not going to tell them about the fish extenders part of it all. It will be a surprise that I know they will LOVE!

I'm honestly completely in the dark on the FE thing! LOL! Like I said, this is my first cruise too! :) I just decided to add it a few weeks ago. How does the FE thing work? I've seen people talk about it on the DIS a bit, but I'm still clueless. :-/

Is there a link to an FE group for our sailing? I've never done one and would LOVE to give it a try!!

Coopersmom06, welcome! As far as I know (someone correct me if I'm wrong) this is the only board for our sailing. I assume we just use this one to talk about FE's.

Nfrank, I'm not even going to try to explain FE's. I would not do them justice and you'd be more confused than before I started! :0). I just googled "fish extenders". Actually that's not true. I stumbled upon the concept when I did a search on Pinterest for "Disney Cruise". That's actually where I learned about them and saw pictures of examples. Then, I googled them for more images of examples. Not being a friend of a sewing machine, I ordered an FE from Etsy earlier today. Though there are "recipes" for how to make them yourself on Pinterest. :0)

For those interested in doing the FE's we'll eventually need to set a deadline date for participants to sign up so that we can make/order the goodies in time for our sailing. Sooo excited!!

Okay. I did some searching on my own about fish extenders. I'm in! I still probably do not have them down entirely, but I have until the end of July right? :)

We were a party of 7, but my mother in law broke her ankle at the weekend as is no longer able to come!!!! We are now a party of 4 adults and a 9 year old girl. Still interested in taking part in fish extenders :)

Is there another group we have to sign up for FE? Or is this the only one? Getting excited and need to purchase some gifts! :)

As far as I know this is the only one for our cruise dates. Is everyone ok with doing FEs from this thread? I'm fine with it if y'all are! :0). Surveyboy, I feel the same excitement! When should we make our cut-off date for FEs? I found some items I'd like to order and would need to do so at least 2weeks before we sail.

Hi,
We are going on our first cruise and are so excited. My original plan was to go to Puerto Rico for my 40th but I decided to take the family on a cruise. I would love to participate in the fish extender activity. I saw this online and it looks so cool. I do not know much about it. We are a family of four, I have a daughter that is 5 and a son that will be 11 by the time of the cruise. I can help in some way, just tell me what to do.
Lydia

Our family of 5 will be there! :banana: this is our first Disney Cruise!

Anyone doing Fish Extenders? We would like to!

Hi,
My hubby is from Georgia. His family is in Marrietta. Not sure if I spelled that right.
Lydia

We were a party of 7, but my mother in law broke her ankle at the weekend as is no longer able to come!!!! We are now a party of 4 adults and a 9 year old girl. Still interested in taking part in fish extenders :)

Hi,
I have never been on a cruise or done a fish extender but we might want to get started soon. Has anyone else started a thread or document for this? I am still trying to navigate this site. I could start a document. I think what we need is the ages and how many people are in each party and the room number. I also read that some groups pick a certain time and night that they have to deposit their gifts by. I am flexible. I guess some other groups try to meet up as well. I can start working on a google doc and enter my information first.
Lydia

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!