July 22nd, 2023 - 10-Night Iceland, Norway, and France Cruise from Southampton to Copenhagen

Did anyone else sign up for Disney transfer to Southampton from London (not Heathrow.). We’re also in London, since Wednesday. We did sign up. We were told to call Thursday for time for pickup and then were told we’d get an email today. Haven’t gotten it yet. Trying to remind self that it’s only 12:45 pm FL time, but getting a little anxious.

Did anyone else sign up for Disney transfer to Southampton from London (not Heathrow.). We’re also in London, since Wednesday. We did sign up. We were told to call Thursday for time for pickup and then were told we’d get an email today. Haven’t gotten it yet. Trying to remind self that it’s only 12:45 pm FL time, but getting a little anxious.
No we did a private transfer and are on our way to the port now.

We made it to London bright and early and toured Buckingham palace. We are very jet lagged and are trying to stay awake til 7pm so we can get a bit more accustomed to the time change.
Hi! Who did you arrange the tour of Buckingham Palace with? Thanks for the post. :)

Thanks All Booked for Buck Palace with garden tours :sad2:

Looked at 2024 for cruise which would include Cherbourg.
Loved reading your report. Cherbourg is Not a port in 2024. Would love to do another day of Normandy. :sad2::sad2:

Hi Deb

When did you hear from Disney about your transfer to Southampton? We are checked in and will arrive in London a few days in advance so need to know the pick up location. Called Disney and they said they would email a day before?
Would prefer to know in advance before arrival in Europe to plan the way to pick up location. Thanks!

When did you hear from Disney about your transfer to Southampton?
We never did, and that was the most frustrating part. We sailed on Saturday. They said to call 48 hours in advance so I called on Thursday. At that point they said they would email. When we hadn’t received an email by about 2 o’clock in the afternoon, I called. That’s when I found out there was a problem bc we weren’t staying at the Marriott Grosvenor, which is where the coach was leaving and I should have never been able to book it to begin with. (Note that I’d made it clear we were staying in a diffevent hotel when I booked.). 50 minute call from London to Orlando later they had moved us to catching a coach from a different hotel. There was at least one other group on our coach that had the same problem.

Sounds like maybe you were told that they would tell you which hotel the coach was leaving from? We were told it was going to be leaving from the Marriott Grosvenor and we just had to wait to find out the time.

I called DCL again this evening. I am one to have everything ready to go in advance and nothing last minute. Traveling too far to miss a ship. Spoke with a very kind and understanding CM.
DCL transportation has Terminal pickups the day of the cruise.
Terminal 2-5 have locations which the CM gave me for transport to Southampton.
It's unusual not to tell them which site we would be arriving to??? However, He said they have buses at all 4 stops and the concern is would they have room if everyone who arrived early went to the same terminal? In any case, at least this time someone was able to answer the question.
So appreciative of you describing your experience. I asked for a DCL phone number in London should there be a problem and CM gave that to me.
Thank you SleepyDeb................Love your name!
:tigger:

Are you returning to the airport to get the transport? We got a coach from a central London hotel. Doubletree West End I think it was. If you actually need to go back to the airport, that about 80-90 GBP by taxi plus you have the charge for the Disney transport. (Elizabeth line is of course cheaper, but this couple in their 60s and me recovering from knee surgery weren’t doing that.). Might be easier and only a little more to take taxi to Southampton.

Are you returning to the airport to get the transport? We got a coach from a central London hotel. Doubletree West End I think it was. If you actually need to go back to the airport, that about 80-90 GBP by taxi plus you have the charge for the Disney transport. (Elizabeth line is of course cheaper, but this couple in their 60s and me recovering from knee surgery weren’t doing that.). Might be easier and only a little more to take taxi to Southampton.
returning to the airport by underground and only 1 stop away from Terminal 2/3. I'm just concerned abt the time of pickup at 11:00 and possibly full buses. I should start researching other alternatives. Even going the day before.

returning to the airport by underground and only 1 stop away from Terminal 2/3. I'm just concerned abt the time of pickup at 11:00 and possibly full buses. I should start researching other alternatives. Even going the day before.
If its a Disney transport, they will hold the ship for all coaches. I understand that if all the coaches are full, they send another.

All that said, it can't hurt to have a backup plan. Here's a list of ways to get from Heathrow to Southampton with the cost and time. https://emmacruises.com/heathrow-airport-to-southampton-cruise-port-transport-guide/

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!