July 20th-27th Western Magic

amcanzo

Earning My Ears
We had a great time! Took lots of pictures, although not as many as I thought I would! Our dining rotation was Parrot Cay, Lumiere's, Animator's Palate. We had Dwight from Jamaica and Trifonio from India as our servers. They were great! We bought the wine package which was really cool because we know nothing about wine so Trifonio explained the different wines and we learned a little bit. LOVED PALO'S!!! Went to the brunch and dinner there. Yum!! We did buy the soda mugs but we didn't use those as much as we thought we would. Anyway -we enjoyed the shows, we went to Morty the Magnificent (the kids loved that one!), Hercules the Muse-ical, and Disney Dreams and Who wants to be a Mouseketeer. We all loved Disney Dreams. We saw Lilo and Stitch while on board. The kids liked that movie, John and I didn't care too much for it.

We also got to meet John Lasseter - executive vice president of Pixar animation studios and director of Toy Story, Bug's Life, and Toy Story 2. This was definitely a highlight of the trip!! He did a one-hour behind the scenes feature of Monster's Inc. and then later on did a book signing. Well, it was supposed to be a one-hour - it ran over a bit - he showed some of his original animation from while he was in college - even those were cool! We bought the special Art of Monster's Inc book and had him sign that. It took forever waiting in line to have him sign our book cause he spent about 10 minutes talking to each person, very nice guy! He personalized our book and we took pictures with him. That was really cool and he's the most famous person we've ever met!

In Key West we took a glass bottom boat tour. That was pretty neat, saw some cool fish, lots of different coral, a nurse shark.
Tuesday was Grand Cayman - took an island tour, we had a really cool tour director. He is born and raised islander and he has 11 kids ranging in age from 5-35!! Oh MY!! LOL We went to the turtle farm, where they raise turtles....don't remember why they raise turtles...Saw the governor's house, drove along seven mile beach (which is really only 5.9 miles) and then we went to a town called Hell. Hell wasn't a big deal to us because we have a Hell here in Michigan. But there are some cool rock formations in Hell.
Then we went snorkeling with the stingrays. I totally recommend that! We drove (by boat) about 30 minutes to a sand bar spot in the ocean where we could stand and hold the stingrays. They are heavy!! and very soft. Amanda(dd,11) hated the stingrays, she was positive one was going to sting her!
Wednesday we went Cozumel - More snorkeling - This was the Fury Catamaran and beach party - I would recommend this excursion too. We snorkeled in water that was about 12-15 feet deep. Saw some awesome looking fish, hopefully my underwater pictures will come out.
Friday was Castaway Cay - didn't really do too much there - the girls were tired of swallowing salt water by this point - LOL They had their hair braided and we ate at Cookie BBQ.
Well - anyway - we had an awesome time - anything else you want to know, ask....you'll love the Western Cruise!!
:earsboy: :earsgirl:

Ann

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!