July 2020

Soozeej

Mouseketeer
Hi all, I've had such great advice from this forum over the years and I'm back again planning another trip! This time round we will be going with friends so in total will be 6 adults, 2 teenagers and a 9 year old.
Would you think generally speaking it's cheaper to diy instead of package? And if so can someone please remind me how far in advance can I look at flight prices? Looking forward to planning

Flights start to be posted around 11 months out, but with a package it may be done earlier.

A lot will depend on where you want to stay, on site, off site, villa etc. I always do DIY as I have an annual pass and book room only. You'll need to decide what type of holiday you want in the first instance, are you thinking of the dining plan?

Once you've decided on the type of holiday you want it'll be easier to decide which option will be better for you.

Big fan of booking Disney package without flight with WDW and then nearer the time choosing whether to add flights to the package or book separately.
I have to say it’s not only cheaper this way but less hassle as we have booked packages in the past but it is inevitably easier dealing direct with Disney and Virgin/BA than trying to make room requests/changes/choose flight seats or meal requests via trying to do it with a package company.

Big fan of booking Disney package without flight with WDW and then nearer the time choosing whether to add flights to the package or book separately.
I have to say it’s not only cheaper this way but less hassle as we have booked packages in the past but it is inevitably easier dealing direct with Disney and Virgin/BA than trying to make room requests/changes/choose flight seats or meal requests via trying to do it with a package company.

As long as you know what you need to get a package booking onto MDE, you'll have no issues with packages Disney/Virgin/BA/TC/TUI, you just need to help them help you out with the correct reference etcs, no way you'd miss out, as long as you know what you want.

@Soozeej Massive thing to bear in mind in 2020 will be Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, and the huge effect it'll have on the rest of the resort, and indeed the Orlando Area. July is very busy, especially the first week. Fair enough if you are working around school holidays, but if you flexible, waiting till September 2020 will likely be quieter.

Hi all, I've had such great advice from this forum over the years and I'm back again planning another trip! This time round we will be going with friends so in total will be 6 adults, 2 teenagers and a 9 year old.
Would you think generally speaking it's cheaper to diy instead of package? And if so can someone please remind me how far in advance can I look at flight prices? Looking forward to planning
I book separately and whilst it is correct that you can book scheduled flights 11 months from return date, charter flights bring out their prices earlier - we booked for the end of August 2020 a month or so ago with Thomas Cook from Manchester and direct with Disney for the free dining at CSR.

Sometimes you can get a package for far cheaper, my advice is always, check all places before buying!

Indeed Jon, but usually this is in U.K. low season when they know they’ll find it harder to fill the plane

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter