July 2017 Discounts

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by johnnyr, Oct 1, 2016.

1. maryj11

maryj11 DIS Veteran

I sent you a message and yes it is start a conversation.

2. mommyrosa2

mommyrosa2 The best thing about Memories is making them

[/QUOTE]

Our dates this year were 8/10-8/18 and we did a split stay under the Labor Day deal between the BC and GF. We didn't book Poly this year and it wasn't because there wasn't any availability...we stayed there last summer under the deal and after one night, we demanded to be moved. I know so many people love that resort but unfortunately, our stay was so bad, that let's just say I won't be returning there anytime soon.

Edited: I will say that the BC was completely sold out the days we were there and we had no issues whatsoever!

3. maryj11

maryj11 DIS Veteran

Our dates this year were 8/10-8/18 and we did a split stay under the Labor Day deal between the BC and GF. We didn't book Poly this year and it wasn't because there wasn't any availability...we stayed there last summer under the deal and after one night, we demanded to be moved. I know so many people love that resort but unfortunately, our stay was so bad, that let's just say I won't be returning there anytime soon.

Edited: I will say that the BC was completely sold out the days we were there and we had no issues whatsoever![/QUOT

Yes I have read several people complain about the Poly during the labor day deal. I love the GF maybe if they have a good deal on it we should go back.Dont know what I did but I cannot get my reply separate from yours :(

mommyrosa2 likes this.
  4. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  5. mommyrosa2

[/QUOTE]Yes I have read several people complain about the Poly during the labor day deal. I love the GF maybe if they have a good deal on it we should go back.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

We were booked CL at the Poly under the deal and unfortunately all of our issues were service related (or lack thereof)...nothing to do with the deal itself, more with the resort itself. As for the GF... we love it there too, Beach Club still remains our favorite, but GF is also right up there. And I'm really hoping for a good deal for the GF next August as that is where I'd like to celebrate my upcoming milestone birthday :).

maryj11 likes this.
  6. maryj11

maryj11 DIS Veteran

Yes I have read several people complain about the Poly during the labor day deal. I love the GF maybe if they have a good deal on it we should go back.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

We were booked CL at the Poly under the deal and unfortunately all of our issues were service related (or lack thereof)...nothing to do with the deal itself, more with the resort itself. As for the GF... we love it there too, Beach Club still remains our favorite, but GF is also right up there. And I'm really hoping for a good deal for the GF next August as that is where I'd like to celebrate my upcoming milestone birthday :).[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]I hope that have something within our budget this coming August. Actually the GF is my favorite and then Poly comes in second .[/QUOTE]

7. mommyrosa2

[/QUOTE]

We were booked CL at the Poly under the deal and unfortunately all of our issues were service related (or lack thereof)...nothing to do with the deal itself, more with the resort itself. As for the GF... we love it there too, Beach Club still remains our favorite, but GF is also right up there. And I'm really hoping for a good deal for the GF next August as that is where I'd like to celebrate my upcoming milestone birthday :).[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]I hope that have something within our budget this coming August. Actually the GF is my favorite and then Poly comes in second .[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

I think something is really wonky with the Dis site right now....

Fingers crossed we both get some good deals for next August!

8. maryj11

maryj11 DIS Veteran

[/QUOTE]I hope that have something within our budget this coming August. Actually the GF is my favorite and then Poly comes in second .[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

I think something is really wonky with the Dis site right now....

Fingers crossed we both get some good deals for next August![/QUOTE]
    Yes I cant get the reply separate from yours:rotfl:

mommyrosa2 likes this.
  9. KNJWDW

KNJWDW Mouseketeer

The rates definitely are not what they were last year with this TA. I have booked with them several times and have always gotten much better prices than any other discount. The package quotes my TA gave me for next July are more about 20-25% off rack rates. My TA did tell me the prices will be much better starting August 15, but those dates won't work for us.

maryj11 likes this.
  10. johnnyr

johnnyr DIS Veteran

I agree. They are no better than what Disney will be offering when they release their discounted rates for summer. The only advantage I can see right now is being able to book the discounted room before Disney releases their rates. This TA had the best rates for the past few years but it looks like that has changed. Either they figured they could make a larger profit by offering a lesser discount or Disney is not giving them the rooms at what they used to get them for.

maryj11 likes this.
  11. KNJWDW

KNJWDW Mouseketeer

Based on what my TA said, it sounds like they weren't able to secure the volume of rooms they had in the past. We will probably have to stay in a moderate this year. The advantage to booking it with this TA is that they have standard rooms, WDW website is already showing no availability for standard view rooms for our dates. Plus the one day bonus feature is nice.

12. maryj11

maryj11 DIS Veteran

I thought maybe trying to rent with DVC . I checked on Davids DVC rentals and the TA rates are about the same for the Poly so that wont be any better.

13. maryj11

maryj11 DIS Veteran

Edited: I will say that the BC was completely sold out the days we were there and we had no issues whatsoever![/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]How were the crowds during your August dates? That will be the same week we will go if we decide on the labor day deal.[/QUOTE]

14. mommyrosa2

[/QUOTE]How were the crowds during your August dates? That will be the same week we will go if we decide on the labor day deal.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

I didn't find the crowds bad at all but I will say, for the first time, we didn't follow any EMH's with the exception of MK PM EMH. Instead for the most part we went with the recommended parks on Josh's site. We made our FP's but were able to go thru the standby line for many rides. We also don't stay in the parks all day. The way we tour in August is to get to the parks when they first open, ride as much as we can but head back to the resort by 1:00. We hang out by the pool and relax and head back out after dinner when it's a little cooler.

maryj11 likes this.
  15. morrismhs

morrismhs Mouseketeer

I was disappointed in availability. I wanted CR CL for next July- all they had was BC garden and Poly GVCL - will not go back to Poly. Resort is beautiful but service in CL just ok. So we are on the fence about what to do.

16. maryj11

maryj11 DIS Veteran

Has anyone heard when the labor day deals will be out? I'm so impatient :crazy2:

17. KNJWDW

KNJWDW Mouseketeer

Not sure when they will be officially out, but did you ask your TA to provide you with a quote for it? I just booked for July with one of their deals and it isn't posted yet. My TA did tell me that the really good deals start August 15 and I am guessing that means the start of their labor day deals.

maryj11 likes this.
  18. mickey2minnie1

mickey2minnie1 DIS Veteran

We are actually doing both these CL stays. Fingers crossed!

19. maryj11

maryj11 DIS Veteran

Yes I did get some quotes for June and July a couple weeks ago and asked when the labor day deal would be out. She said 2 to 3 weeks, that was a couple weeks ago. So I hope it is tomorrow !

20. RigatoniFeline

RigatoniFeline Mouseketeer

I'm new to this particular board. Is there a way to find out the agency that you all are talking about, through PM or something?

21. vinotinto

vinotinto Just Keep Swimming

Oh no! That's a bummer. I know I had mentioned them in the past, but with the rules about naming travel agencies, I have not been naming them. Or maybe Disney is also decreasing those exclusive discounts?

Was hoping for October again (not July), but will be sad if it's only 25%.

maryj11 likes this.