July 2017 Discounts

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by johnnyr, Oct 1, 2016.

1. johnnyr

johnnyr DIS Veteran

I was able to get an "agency" quote from the TA to be nameless here for July 2017. Last year the Poly standard room rate with this TA was around $282.00 for 3 adults and 1 child. This year I was quoted $420.00 a night for the same dates but this year we are 4 adults. The discount is around 26.75% which is not much better than what the public offers are. Last year the discount was closer to 40%. Has anyone else got a quote from this TA for July 2017 yet? I'm curious to see if they quoted me the wrong discount.

bwc1979 and MuppetFan418 like this.
  2. val1234

val1234 Earning My Ears

I just got a quote from them for $420 for the Poly and $380 for the BC for the first week in July.I thought this was very high also. I just emailed my TA to confirm if these rates were correct lol. I just stayed at BC in August and paid around $200 per night so huge jump. I know labor dates rates are the best but Geez.

3. johnnyr

johnnyr DIS Veteran

The July rates are still not posted on their site. I was hoping the $420.00 Poly rate was a wrong quote from the agent, but it doesn't sound like it now. You were quoted the exact rates I was. That is a huge increase over last summer. I wonder if the AP rates will be any better?

4. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  5. val1234

val1234 Earning My Ears

I believe the AP rates were 30 or 35% off for those resorts last year. The unnamed agency rates would still work out better I believe due to the discounted ticket prices and free water park. My 5 day base with them including one water park or Disney quest was around $280. That's about $100 savings pp.

bwc1979 likes this.
  6. maryj11

maryj11 DIS Veteran

What were your dates? I was planning on the last week of July. If the Poly is that high we may have to change to the labor day deal. I asked for a quote Friday but havent heard back yet.

bwc1979 likes this.
  7. johnnyr

johnnyr DIS Veteran

The quote I got was for July 18th through July 28th. I've been using this TA for the past 3 years and the rates have never been this high. Like I said, I'm hoping my agent quoted the wrong rate as their site only posts dates to June 4th. Something tells me they haven't finalized the dates past June yet.

bwc1979 likes this.
  8. maryj11

maryj11 DIS Veteran

I just got a quote for the Poly the end of July and it was 373.00 a night, to high for me. I'm disappointed now.

bwc1979 likes this.
  9. Shellyb84

Shellyb84 DIS Veteran

I didn't know they were quoting the summer agency deals yet. This really stinks, last summer's deals were great.

maryj11 likes this.
  10. mommyrosa2

mommyrosa2 The best thing about Memories is making them

I got a quote for fall next year and the percentage off wasn't as high as has been in the past (about 25% off). Still waiting on the labor day deal and hoping the discount will be as good as has been in the past...we'll see. For the first time in a long time, I'm really starting to see a not so great pattern on deals in general. Disney is giving less and less of a discount lately and the deal they just put out for early next year is not great either. If the downward trend continues, I will definitely be looking at a different vacation destination for next summer. 25% off from Disney is not enough to sway us.

MuppetFan418 likes this.
  11. maryj11

maryj11 DIS Veteran

Yes I decided to wait for the labor day deal. The problem with that is the Poly was booked up this year. Maybe one good thing about the higher prices will be less crowds?

12. McKelly

McKelly DIS Veteran

So, the deals throughout the year were 40%, not just Labor Day?

13. johnnyr

johnnyr DIS Veteran

They don't have the deals listed on their site past June 4th. The Agent I spoke with said Disney has not added the rates past June 4th into their system so they can't be booked yet. She also said the rates quoted will not change. Sadly, this sounds like another great source for discounted rooms about to dry up.

Sammie likes this.
  14. mommyrosa2

If they offer the Poly in their Labor Day deal I don't see why you wouldn't be able to book it if you do so right in the beginning. Last year when they first started quoting that particular deal, I had the "pic of the litter", clearly as time passes resorts will get sold out.

My agent was able to book our trip for next October today...rates were already in the system, but you're right, the rates quoted are what they are. Our discount came to 25% off - not great but with Disney blocking October from any BB offers last year, I didn't want to take any chance of missing out on an Epcot resort for F&W next year so I took it.

15. mommyrosa2

Deals throughout the year were not all 40% off. The highest percentage was their Labor Day deal and the deal for this October last year was just under 30% off depending on the resort.

Sammie likes this.
  16. Lm021583

Lm021583 Mouseketeer

So disappointed to hear this. My husband and I have been waiting for the agency to release its deals, and are waiting to hear back about the first week in August. Would you guess that the rates for August would be the same as the dates they released for July? Just wondering if there's any chance for a Poly stay.

17. McKelly

McKelly DIS Veteran

I'm booked at the Poly for June with this agency's rates. I knew it was going to be expensive - it's a special, splurge trip for us, so I am great with 25-30% off. At least now I don't have to wait and wonder IF there are going to even be discounts. I know exactly how much it's going to cost and I can plan accordingly. Overall, I saved $2000.00 with them, so I am good with that. I wanted Beach Club, but it wasn't offered for my dates. Poly would have been our second choice anyway.

18. alex9179

alex9179 DIS Veteran

I got a quote today for the June deal at POR. They saved me a bit over $9 a day, with tax, over the current rack rate. I'm going to wait and see what Disney does.
    I want to do a split stay and book YC/BC for the tail end. Hopefully it will be better!

19. maryj11

maryj11 DIS Veteran

May I ask what are your dates and how much was the Poly a night. We may switch to June if it is a better deal.

20. maryj11

maryj11 DIS Veteran

It's not that I don't think we would get a room it is that the resort was booked full and some were complaining about the service which is understandable because they were so busy. So you didn't have any trouble ? What were your dates?[/QUOTE]

21. McKelly

McKelly DIS Veteran

Yep - private message me and I will tell you. Not sure how to do that anymore? Is it start a conversation?

Sammie and maryj11 like this.