July 15th, 2023 - 7-Night Western Europe Repo Cruise from Barcelona to Southampton (Cádiz, Lisbon, Vigo, Le Havre)

We are all booked and locked in on our first European cruise after having done quite a few Caribbean and Bermuda cruises. Family of 5...kids 21, 19, 14. I think we have a Barcelona plan, but struggling with a London post cruise plan. We will have 7/22 to get to London and do something...fly out late morning on the 23rd. Any ideas from others on the cruise?

Initial thoughts are to get a tour from Southhampton to London stopping as the castle. The find something in the evening to do, and spend the afternoon wondering around.

Open to suggestions and ideas!!!!

We are all booked and locked in on our first European cruise after having done quite a few Caribbean and Bermuda cruises. Family of 5...kids 21, 19, 14. I think we have a Barcelona plan, but struggling with a London post cruise plan. We will have 7/22 to get to London and do something...fly out late morning on the 23rd. Any ideas from others on the cruise?

Initial thoughts are to get a tour from Southhampton to London stopping as the castle. The find something in the evening to do, and spend the afternoon wondering around.

We’re probably just going to explore London on our own. We took a look at yours on Viator. Everything was on the expensive side. The only thing I might consider booking in advance is London Eye, but my daughter isn’t big on it. She views it as a death trap. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Hi all! If you are not (also) part of the Facebook group for this cruise and don't know: we have a 5K event set up for this cruise. If you want to participate, just let me know and we can sign you up. I have 15 more spots available.

Hello. I am from the UK and live quite close to Southampton and London so I hope I can offer some useful advice.

I'm not sure which castle you're referring to (we have loads of castles in the UK) but I'm guessing you might be talking about Windsor. To be honest with you, the route from Southampton to London isn't the prettiest part of the country and apart from the castle, Windsor isn't a particularly nice place - especially if you only have 24 hours in England.

My advice would be to get to London as soon as you can. The city has something for everyone. Loads of historic buildings, if that's your thing. The Tower of London and Tower Bridge are particular highlights and it's then just a short walk to the Tate Modern art gallery and St Paul's Cathedral. You can hop on a Thames river taxi to take you down to the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben. You could then take a short taxi ride to Buckingham Palace. All of this is doable in one afternoon because London is pretty small and well serviced by public transport.

If you're especially keen on historic monuments, you could also fit in a visit to Stonehenge on your way to London from Southampton. It will add about an hour's travel time to your journey.

Hope you have fun. Happy to meet on the ship if you need a hand planning an itinerary.

All the best!

Hello. I am from the UK and live quite close to Southampton and London so I hope I can offer some useful advice.

I'm not sure which castle you're referring to (we have loads of castles in the UK) but I'm guessing you might be talking about Windsor. To be honest with you, the route from Southampton to London isn't the prettiest part of the country and apart from the castle, Windsor isn't a particularly nice place - especially if you only have 24 hours in England.

My advice would be to get to London as soon as you can. The city has something for everyone. Loads of historic buildings, if that's your thing. The Tower of London and Tower Bridge are particular highlights and it's then just a short walk to the Tate Modern art gallery and St Paul's Cathedral. You can hop on a Thames river taxi to take you down to the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben. You could then take a short taxi ride to Buckingham Palace. All of this is doable in one afternoon because London is pretty small and well serviced by public transport.

If you're especially keen on historic monuments, you could also fit in a visit to Stonehenge on your way to London from Southampton. It will add about an hour's travel time to your journey.

Hope you have fun. Happy to meet on the ship if you need a hand planning an itinerary.

All the best!
Thanks for the additional thoughts and context!

For tween group - best thing will be for him to join the introduction activities on day 1. This seems to be when the teens find their friends for the sailing.
I'm finally back on here after spending many hours in prep for this adventure. Thanks for the suggestion. We'll look for the Introduction to the club.

I doubt Disney will offer any fishing excursions, but it may worth checking into some local options. I bet you could probably charter a fishing boat in any of the ports for a half-day option.
I just checked back in here in anticipation of the trip. Thanks for the tip. We have booked some excursions and we'll see if some informal fishing might happen. The Dream is quite enough boat for one trip! Regards.

All the best!
Mr/Ms Oners: We booked a hotel in London near the Tate Modern where we'll be meeting the rest of the family for a few days. We have "Witness for the Prosecution" tickets and are meeting this weekend to set up other advance tickets. I've been to London once and look forward to it. If you spot a 6'8' American looking man in his 70's among the 4000 passengers, that would be me, so say hi and we can talk a bit.

Curious what everyone is doing in Vigo. We were thinking of doing a beach day on our own. Playa Samil looks to be a good option, but from everything I'm reading, it doesn't look like they rent chairs or umbrellas. That's okay, but it means we'll need to pack a little more. I had entertained the idea of trying to get to the Cies Island, but with the ferry schedule I'd be worried that we'd only have 3 hours on the island and it wouldn't be enough.

What's everyone else doing that day?

Hi all! If you are not (also) part of the Facebook group for this cruise and don't know: we have a 5K event set up for this cruise. If you want to participate, just let me know and we can sign you up. I have 15 more spots available.
Hi I was wondering what the facebook group name was. Where are you doing the 5k? Thanks in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter