Julie's favorite artist

robertgp124

DIS Addict
Julie,

Yesterday we stopped someplace that had a Thomas Kincade gallery. We came across this and thought of the podcast crew.

(We heard a couple outside of the restaurant discussing it and just knew we had to see it.)

It would be a perfect addition to Peter's podcast studio, I think. :lmao:

Wow....the Painter of Light meets Nascar...:rolleyes:

Could that guy get any more commercial????

:rolleyes1 I wonder if that print will be available in a cheaper version...it would be a perfect gift for my brand-new baby nephew. He needs to start off on the right foot. ;)

I hope that there will be other tracks in that series---no plans for purchasing his art.

Starting price is $230?! :scared:

Me thinks Will is gonna try and sneak this one into his collection.....:tiptoe:

Well, I'll say one thing about the painting.....it's is a perfect example of "jumping the shark!" :rotfl2:

Well, I do have to admit that we were there for the race and it does capture the spirit of the event. I don't think I'd buy it -- but I'm sure there are a lot of NASCAR fans that would. (Of course, my favorite part is the Thunderbirds as I'm Air Force born, bred, and wed...and still get shivers down my spine everytime they fly overhead!)

Well, I do have to admit that we were there for the race and it does capture the spirit of the event. I don't think I'd buy it -- but I'm sure there are a lot of NASCAR fans that would. (Of course, my favorite part is the Thunderbirds as I'm Air Force born, bred, and wed...and still get shivers down my spine everytime they fly overhead!)

I love the Thunderbirds too Lisa! I always get goosebumps.

Thomas Kinkade on the other hand gives me the heebie jeebies. I've heard too many weird stories about him and to me, he is just all about the $$$$$.

I live about four miles from the Chicagoland Speedway near Joliet and I got my own personal Thunderbirds show this past weekend. It was awesome!! They flew over my house numerous times last Friday. My daughter was out walking the dog when they first flew over. I never saw her run so fast to get back in the house! They are far louder than the Southwest Airlines jets that usually come over the house! She was shaking by time she made it in the door.

Getting back to that painting though... it's definitely not my taste, but I'm sure it will be a hit with the NASCAR fans.

:scared1:
The really sad thing is that my Sister-in-Law would love it.

No accounting for taste. :sad2:

I don't really get the picture, then again i dont 'get' Nascar. The closest i get to Nascar is 'Cars' on DVD.

Why watch Nascar when you boyfriend won't stop bugging you to watch Formula One? (Plus Formula One is actually aired in the UK, and Lewis Hamilton is pretty hot...) :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter