Juli & Wayne ~ WP/WH 11/1/12: Our day was a fairytale... recap started!

Spring Break didn't work out but over the weekend we made a deposit to go to Disney from August 17 to the 23rd. Wooooo hoooo. It will be Wayne's kids' first trip to the world, and hence, very special, but we also have to squeeze in 2 hours with the folks at DFTW for our site visits, which probably also means finding a babysitter for a couple hours.

Hopefully, while we're there we can sign our LOA.

SQUUEEEE!

Now I just need someone to hire me.

Still job searching... it doesn't help that my computer died and was out of commission for a few days before my in-house technological smartypants revived it. It was like living without a limb for a few days! Ouch!

I haven't redone the STDs to incorporate what I like from all of my mock-ups to create one that we LOVE. Vistaprint is having a sale this weekend so I should get on that.

My not working yet is stressing the both of us out. We were counting on me having a job to pay for the wedding. The plan is basically to pay for day care and bank the rest. We're tightening our belts here but it's still not enough. So cross your fingers and say a prayer for me if you're the type who prays that I find work and soon.

Last week I was down in the basement cleaning our storage space because it was a disaster zone and I went through the box of stuff I saved from my first wedding and it gave me some much needed perspective. A lot of the stuff I saved is/was essentially junk. So while I am an extraordinarily sentimental type of gal, I realize that there are a few items upon which I don't need to spend a lot of money. Or any money. No flower girl and ring bearer so no pillow or basket. And the ones I saved are going on eBay. Toasting flutes? Nice but the ones I saved are going on eBay. I may downgrade the $250 ones I wanted for 2012 to red flutes I saw at Hobby Lobby. $10 and done. Guest book? I think I'd rather have photos.

I don't know if it's age that's causing all of this practicality but I kind of like it. We're stressed as it is about the budget and paying for the wedding. It feels good to be nonchalant about little details that seem to cause so much tension for other brides.

Can't wait for our August trip. We haven't told anyone except my sister because she's going at the same time.

Someone on the boards is planning a It's a Small World wedding next week and they sent me a private message asking to see the sketch I did of our Small World wedding cake. I'm not giving it up. I feel a little bad about it but it's my sketch and I feel like the whole Small World thing was my unique idea. Oh well!

Hi! :yay: I just read through your PJ LOVE your e-pics!
I know someone a couple years ago had an event in the Wonder Pavilion, I'll try to find their thread or pics for you to see it all done up!
We are going down in May for our e-pics and a site visit with Kristi and my top location to look at is that ballroom so I will be sure to take a ton of pictures and post them to hopefully help a little before your site visit in Aug.
Hope everything is well!

Thanks so much! Can't wait to see what kind of pictures you bring back! It feels like time is getting shorter and shorter on our wedding planning and I am so bad at making decisions.

And you're from Atlanta! Woooo hooo. We're down that way a couple of times a year. We're Falcons season ticket holders.

Love the STD's can't wait to see the new one that you did!! How exciting for a fun family trip in August!!! :banana:

I started a blog. It's wedding related and fitness related and pretty goofy (and somewhat funny, I hope!)

The Mouse, My Measurements and Marriage

Please cruise by and leave a comment if you'd like.

I remade my inspiration board thingee. I changed a few things to convey the whimsical retro-ness a little better, IMHO. You can see it there, but I'll also post it here.

JuliandWayneinspirationboard2.jpg

I started doing Jillian Michaels' 30-Day Shred yesterday and it kicked my butt. I am going to do it again today, I swear, even though my thighs are on fire.

Also (wow, I've got updates today!) I think I've decided against the plain photo STD... I think I'm going to do a CD with Disney music. Need to run that by Wayne.

So I scrapped the idea of a postcard STD because I figure it will just get pitched in the trash or, at best, magnetted to people's refrigerators. Instead I want to send a CD of Disney music with a custom label.

Here's the playlist so far. Is there anything you'd add or take off?
1. Ever Ever After from Enchanted
2. Welcome from Brother Bear ------ Maybe not
3. Candle on the Water from Pete's Dragon
4. Go the Distance from Hercules
5. Kiss the Girl from The Little Mermaid
6. Can You Feel the Love Tonight from The Lion King
7. A Whole New World from Aladdin
8. You've Got a Friend in Me from Toy Story
9. See the Light from Tangled
10. Almost There from The Princess and the Frog
11. Little Wonders from Meet the Robinsons
12. You'll Be in my Heart from Tarzan
13. Life is a Highway from Cars
14. Once Upon a Dream from Sleeping Beauty
15. A Night to Remember from High School Musical
16. Promise from Epcot Illuminations
17. Some Day My Prince Will Come from Snow White
18. If I Didn't Have You from Monsters Inc.
19. When You Wish Upon a Star from Pinocchio

What do you guys think?

just wanted to say LOVE your ideas :)
Can't wait to see how it all comes together - oh, AND I'm following your blog.
We have a lot in common :goodvibes

My Save-the-Date music CDs... just finished today!

CDs...
pileocds.jpg

labelled and in the cases
CDwithsonglist.jpg

Case covers...
CDcovers.jpg

Pre-RSVP postcard front
postcardfront.jpg

Pre-RSVP postcard back
prersvppostcardmailside-1.jpg

Wrapped together in ribbon with a Mickey head
CDandenvelopewideribbon.jpg

I really love these!!! I love the included songs too!! I wish I was on your guest list!!

I love your STDs, they are so beautifully unique. I'm sure your guests will be really excited to receive them, it looks like you put a lot of love into them. :)

Awesome STDs. I love the early response wording. May have to steal that for ours that our going out in a few weeks. :rolleyes1 Hope you don't mind. :) Can't wait to read more. We are doing our VR about 9 days after your wedding. November should be great!

Thanks so much ericamcl, BethieTink, Jilian and tinkerbell 766! I have been sitting on this project forever, waiting on money, waiting for time, downloading the songs. They came out really great.

Now I get to start thinking about the invitations but first, we have our site visit and meeting with DFTW mid-August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter