Juli & Wayne ~ WP/WH 11/1/12: Our day was a fairytale... recap started!

I don't think I mentioned here that Wayne and I have settled on some sites. We're set on November 1, 2012. We definitely want the Wedding Pavilion.

For our reception, we've narrowed down to three sites and we probably won't make a decision until we can go see them.

First choice is the Living Seas Salon.

Second choice is a little strange and I think we may be the first to use it for a wedding: The Wonders Retreat Lounge in the old Wonders of Life Pavilion in Epcot.

Wonders4.jpg

Wonders3.jpg

Wonders2.jpg

Wonders1.jpg

Third choice is the ballroom at the Contemporary-- I think it's called the Nutcracker Ballroom #3 and it opens onto the Nutcracker Courtyard.

ContemporaryBallroom.jpg

This is the only picture I've seen, and it's on the DFTW website but I like how bright it is, that it opens to an outside spot and that it seems pretty neutral (tan and black carpet).

The benefit to the Contemporary over the Epcot sites is that I could use an outside photographer and that it's a short trip on the monorail from the Wedding Pavilion. I want to see it in person though...

Aww you'll be getting married on my one year anniversary. If we are down there I'll have to lurk your wedding. :lmao: Those reception sites look so wonderful. I especially love wonder's retreat. It looks so great!

love a good excuse for a trip!

Any excuse will do, right Laura? There's a DFTW open house in March. I may have to try to get down there for that!

Aww you'll be getting married on my one year anniversary. If we are down there I'll have to lurk your wedding. :lmao: Those reception sites look so wonderful. I especially love wonder's retreat. It looks so great!

If you're down there, lurk away! I am really loving the Wonders Lounge... it's such a quirky and whimsical room. I really want to see it in person and see how they'd set it up for a wedding.

I'm a stay-at-home-mom for the time being. You'd think I would be home for the call from DFTW right? I was out running errands ONE day this week and that's when they called! So I responded to the initial email they sent with all the PDF documents and said that I am sure they're swamped with the holiday this week and all but can we schedule a time for the call and I will make sure I'm home to answer the phone.

(I gave them the landline instead of my cell because my cell drops calls ALL. THE. TIME.)

So I'll be talking to Diane from DFTW on Monday morning. I am so excited I can barely contain myself.

Absolutely nothing is officially scheduled until 16 months out-- which kinda sucks-- but we are "pencilled in".

Last night, right before I went to bed, I checked Facebook and found that our wedding pictures have a featured post on The Disney Wedding Blog!!!! Squeeeeee! I wasn't sure if Carly would use us or not since our pictures weren't taken in WDW but there we are. I don't think my family and friends get my excitement over it but that's okay... I'm fine with being a dork all on my own (well, Wayne is pretty psyched too!) .

Juli and Wayne Engagement pictures feature.

yay for nov 2012!!! if you stay around till the 5th, you can lurk on mine :)

i don't think we're arriving till the 2nd... so i'll miss yours :(

yay for nov 2012!!! if you stay around till the 5th, you can lurk on mine :)

i don't think we're arriving till the 2nd... so i'll miss yours :(

Woo hoo for stalking! I don't think we've planned out the exact dates of our trip yet but I'm hoping for a few days before and a few days after. I'm hoping to catch another wedding or two while we're down there.

i saw that on the FB...awesome!

I am so psyched by this, Laura, it's ridiculous.

:banana: CONGRATS! on the blog feature!!! :banana:

Thanks Amanda!! I am dying to know what your next project is!

It's been a while since I updated but there hasn't been much wedding news and Christmas with four kids, two exes, and two extended families can be a bit overwhelming!

The only real wedding news that I have is that Wayne's brother's wife's parents (did ya follow that one? yikes) have DVC and they've decided to book a grand villa for our wedding so that Wayne's parents, the brother and SIL and they (the SIL's parents), have their accommodations all reserved and stuff. This was a bit of an issue as my FFIL was concerned about it for some reason.

We will now be inviting FSIL's parents and brother to the wedding. Three more people. At least they're definite yesses.

I've been messing with Save the Dates. I want to send them out soon and I don't want to go all crazy making them myself (because I plan to do the invites). So here's a few I did on a few different sites. None of them are exactly what I wanted. I really wanted a more whimsical, light-hearted feel but, what do you guys think:

WeddingPaperDivas3.jpg

WeddingPaperDivas2.jpg

WeddingPaperDivas1.jpg

photocardcafe1.jpg

minted2.jpg

minted1.jpg

magnetstreet2.jpg

magnetstreet1.jpg

I like the top one too but I love that photo of you and Wayne infront of the castle. Btw when are you headed down to look at sights?

I've been messing with Save the Dates. I want to send them out soon and I don't want to go all crazy making them myself (because I plan to do the invites). So here's a few I did on a few different sites. None of them are exactly what I wanted. I really wanted a more whimsical, light-hearted feel but, what do you guys think:

WeddingPaperDivas2.jpg

photocardcafe1.jpg

I love the one with the stuffed Mickey the best (it's cute, eye-catching, and totally fun Disney), but these are my two favorites! :thumbsup2

I like all of them!!! Great job!! :thumbsup2
If I had to pick a favorite, I'd probably pick the one at the top, but they all look great!!!!

Thanks guys!

@Laura- We're trying to get a trip together over spring break. We haven't taken Wayne's kids down yet and that would be a perfect opportunity. Like everything else, it comes down to money.

I think I'm going to poke around a little more and see if I can't combine some elements and come up with something I love.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter