Jubilee Celebrations

Mrs Doubtfire

DIS Veteran
I am sat watching the pageant on the Thames and tomorrow we are going to my mum's for a bit of a do!! We have a few flags, balloons and my DD is helping to make red, white and blue buns.:)

Anyone else doing anything or even having a street party?

We're also watching the pageant but that's as far as the celebration is going for us ...... not sure why as I am a royalist but it's just never happened.

I did watch the BBC progam showing the royal home movie cine film on Friday and though that is was fantastic but no party or bunting for us :confused:

We're also watching the pageant but that's as far as the celebration is going for us ...... not sure why as I am a royalist but it's just never happened.

I did watch the BBC progam showing the royal home movie cine film on Friday and though that is was fantastic but no party or bunting for us :confused:

:thumbsup2 thats us exactly as well...

the plus of watching is that every so often I get a little disney buzz! When one of the boat blows its horn and it sounds like the MK Ferry boat!:rotfl:

We just had a relaxing weekend at home. With the weather how it is, we did not really fancy going anywhere. DH has the next two days off as well, but I am back at work tomorrow.

Corinna

I've been working today and am working again tomorrow but have Tuesday off. There are a few street parties around but not in our road. We're having our first 'holiday 2013' planning meeting on Tuesday so I'm more excited about that!

No party for us but we are off to centre parcs tomorrow and I know they have things planned. When we lived on our old street we had a big street party for the golden jubilee but nothing planned on this street.

It's just a shame for those that do that the weather is so horrid. I have been watching on tv the pageant down the Thames and I am watching the do at Windsor now. Wow! It does make me proud to be British though :thumbsup2

We had a village fun day yesterday and a ceilidh at night and then tomorrow all 3 kids are taking part in a parade in our nearest town and then there is a street party following the parade and a short service where there are special medals being handed out to some people. Should be a good day

No parties here but I enjoyed watching the Thames pageant yesterday then turned over to watch the horse pageant at Windsor. Then I'm going to watch the concert tonight and then the procession tomorrow so I think I'm going to have very square eyes by Wednesday! :earseek: In between we're finally finishing decorating our bathroom (been a verrrry long exercise ;) ).

Hope everyone's enjoying the extended weekend even if the weather's being typically British! :goodvibes

we had a party at work for the Children and Hubby and I walked into windsor apart from that we have just been watching it all on TV :)

It would be good if they did have something at Epcot :) When I bought my AP the other day the CM knew all about the jubilee and said to have a good time.

My dad is just blowing red, white and blue balloons up for later. Although my DD helped decorate the buns last night and said the flag design went a bit awry on a few!!

Yesterday had a fantastic evening. Jubilee party with friends and relatives. Myself and Karen shared a bottle of vodka and had my first Jägermeister.
This evening watched the Jubilee concert.
Great weekend.
Mathew blogged his thoughts on the day here http://mathewgillings.wordpress.com/

Dressed for the occasion.
DSC00617.jpg

Inside & out
DSC00634.jpg

DSC00636.jpg

Food
DSC00632.jpg

Time for Jägermeister
DSC00646.jpg

Keeping the kids happy & looking silly.
DSC00660.jpg

Great pictures Wayne, and the cake looks great :thumbsup2

I really enjoyed the concert last night - I have to admit that Tom Jones was the best for me :goodvibes Hope I'm still rocking when I get to that age!!

Fantastic pictures Wayne, great to see so many people getting together to celebrate:cool1::cool1:

I really enjoyed the concert last night - I have to admit that Tom Jones was the best for me :goodvibes Hope I'm still rocking when I get to that age!!

I wouldn't have had half of the artists, Jessie J, JLS to name 2, half of those there either had failing voices or didn't sing great, Will i am is nothing on his own (I am a massive BEP fan) but didn't matter the whole concert worked, really enjoyed it.

Photos are great :thumbsup2

No street parties here either, but like Ware Bears I've been watching everything. I loved the programme with Prince Charles watching the old home movies.

And the concert last night, projections on the palace when Madness were on.....very like DLP Dreams!!

Fab pictures Wayne, looks like you all had a wonderful time. :thumbsup2

As for me, I haven't done alot for the Jubilee except work through it. I work in a supermarket so we were all allowed to wear red, white and blue over the weekend which was nice.

Today is my day off so inbetween food shopping and other stuff I will try and catch some Jubilee TV time!

I work in a school, so we had a street party lunch on Friday with all staff and pupils. We all wore red, white & blue. It was a great day.
On Sunday my family and I went to our town's street party, it was more like a fair than the party we had at school on Friday, but I'm glad the town council organised something.
I watched the concert last night with my girls, we sang along and waved our flags. Some of the performances were brilliant, others not so much, but still a great concert. Prince Charles' speech was great :thumbsup2

I have watched most of the TV coverage today too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter