Juana & Hector Trip Report WP/4/DEC/2008 with LOTS of pictures (updated 14/06)

ITmickey

DIS Veteran
Hello all,
I have finally decided to start our wedding trip report.
First of all, the usual disclaimers: This is my first trip report, I am not a native english speaker (or writer) and I am a man, so maybe the report will not be at the level of detail common around here ;)

So, let us introduce the couple:

Me: Hector (Hector Augusto) People here in Mexico usually have first name, middle name, first last name (father's last name) and second last name (mother's last name). And we use them all :) So, Augusto is my middle name. I omit last names... well, just because it feels safer.
I work as an IT (Information Technology) consultant, and I have always thought as myself as a rocker, until recently that I discovered I'm really a geek because I like techology, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings and stuff like that. Oh, and wear nerdy glasses.
But I still like my rock, as you can see in this picture. I'm 38

PIC_0410-1.jpg

She:: Juana (Juana Olivia) Originally from a coastal city called Veracruz. She is a Electronics Engineer, starting as an IT Consultant as well. She likes to think of herself as a non-tender and femenine women, but you will see during the report that she is. Here is a pic to prove it

PIC_0069.jpg

She loves Tigger and Goofy, and says Goofy reminds her of me ( I wonder why) She is a very determined and strong person, reminds me of a chicken nugget: crispy outside, tender inside.

We live in Mexico City, and have been living together for three years now, but we just legalized our union. We have been around each other for over 12 years, but we were too young and inmature (sp?). We were supposed to get married about 8 years ago, but split up. Each of us made a life with other persons after that, only to be reunited again and realizing that we had always been thinking on each other, so we 'grabbed the bull by the horns' (mexican expression to say we stopped fooling around) and moved in.

This proved to be a great desicion, as you can see in this pic
PIC_0391.jpg

When we decided to finally get married, nobody believed that we were getting married at Disney. This included most of our guests who never really did plans for the travel, since they thought it was some kind of carnival wedding, until very late in the game. Even DW parents didn't belive at first that we were getting married over there (or anywhere else). It took them a good 3 months to realize we were talking seriously. And unfortunately, the visa office @ the US embassy didn't believe them either when they told the vice-consul the purpose of the visit to the US, and they were denied the US visa to go to the wedding. :sad1:

But let's not start yet with the events of the PJ and trip report. We'll add some detail to those events later. Meanwhile, some other pics from ourselves:

This is DW in 2006 at Chef Mickey's , with her hero. I mean, her other hero, besides me ;)
PIC_0021.jpg

This is me with a very flirty minnie, who gave me smacks and smoochies and signaled that I should call her. :rotfl2:

PIC_0016.jpg

Luckily neither one of us is too jealous. ;)

And a sneak preview of other photos to come:
PIC_0386.jpg

And yeah, I meant to put the image sideways :rolleyes1 For the next pictures, I will deliberatly put them in the proper way :rolleyes:

Next: Planning and mishaps (mmm... by some reason doesn't really feel like a cliffhanger... well, just stay tuned)

Hi :wave2: I'm already hooked, can't wait for more!

BTW your story of how you and your DW dated and then went your seperate ways only to find out that you had been thinking about each other the whole time is very similar to me and my DH. :goodvibes

Love the start and cant wait to read more! The more pics the better :) You both look so happy together, I love a disney happy ending:goodvibes

What a fantastic start to a trip report !!!!

Can't wait to read some more.

Linz xxx :)

Thanks for your kind words, I'll try to keep up to the start.
Just like my marriage!

I'll have an update for saturday at most. Have a great weekend!

We decided to get married at WDW way before the 1 year mark, so we were really anxious about the date closing in, to book our holiday. I think we had an omen about things to come, when we took this picture in 2006

PIC_0001.jpg

So we waited and waited and waited... just like you people waiting for this installment. So November came and we called DFTW. The girl that took our call could as well be taking the order for a pizza. That upbeat she was :confused3

We were told someone would contact us in a couple of days... nothing. We were wondering if, as this was a dream wedding, we have only dreamt that we called. Long story short, we were told to call again in april, since we wanted the WP.
Soooo it was time to look for a wedding dress ;) Did I tell you we were a little anxious to begin the process?.

So we had seen a beautifull dress here on the Dis Boards, and were hoping to find it. SO we went to our firts bridal store. And guess what? That dress was in catalog in that place. Wahoo! :cool1:

vestido1.jpg

But then the mishaps began to happen. First of all, when we told our inlaws about the weddng @ disney, the first thinh we heard from my MIL was 'I don't know if I can make it, you know how my husband is. He doesn't like to leave the house'. What? not even for their daughters wedding? :confused3 As time went by, it was clear why she gave that response: She didnt think we were serious about marrying. She thought it would be some kind of carnival wedding, where a character would marry us and that's it. No legal or moral or ethical implications. Until it downed on her. And on us :p But we decided to go ahead :thumbsup2

Then another bummer: After the event downed on everyone, we bought the airfare for DW parents and our tickets, at a discounted price. With no cancellation option. Why is this important?. Because DW parents didn't have a US visa, and when they went to the US Embassy to obtain it, it was denied. :sad2: Apparently, the visa officer couldn't beleive that 2 mexican citizens were going to get married @ Disney. They wouldn't even look at the letter of intention that by this time was already signed with Disney. So we were stuck with two less parents and two extra airplane tickets. DW was like this :sad:

Then, yet another bummer: We knew it was going to be hard that people would fly over the US for our wedding, and invited only a few people. Who also thought this wasn't a real wediing, and/or it would be easy to find airfare and lodging @ Disney until only a few weeks before. So we ended having only 1 guest. Which at the end turned out to be just right, but we didn't know that at the moment.

Anyway, the planning with Disney was a really smooth process, even if we had to talk to different people along the way, since our planner had to go on a leave (it seems it was a maternity leave). Everyone was extremely kind, helpfull, and resourcefull.

So, our options were:

Weding Pavillion @ noon, on Dec. the 4th.
Cake: Rose and drapes
Cake filling: 1 layer Marble with amaretto filling, the other almond cake with peanut butter filling. Both wree yummy!
Cake Cutting: Some room at the Grand Floridean, since the terrace was under refurbishment. (oh yeah, this was another bummer, althought a minor one)
Extras: rose petals for the aisle, rose petals to toss, mickey confetti @ the cake cuting, and 'Bride and groom ears gift basket' @ our room. All of this was a surprise for DW. (Next part II of installment)

So, since the wedding was goint to be at noon , we began looking for a venue to hold a reception lunch. We finally decided for Fulton's, mostly because of this:

PIC_0033orl.jpg

So we were all set. We had decided to make a split stay, between the Coronado Springs and the Poly, and we had tickets for the Cirque du Soleil :cheer2:

My mother an the other guest were to be hosted @ Best Western Lake Buenavista.

We had finally our yellow tags, AP vouchers, Disney Honeymoon Registry gift card, and were all ready to set. And then something very good happerned: I finished the proyect I was assigned to, like 2 weeks before our wedding. And no other proyect was anywhere in sight. So my boss said 'Take advantage of this 2 weeks to prepare for your wedding, and we'll see each other the next year to continue working. Woohoooo. So it was 1 month of paid vacation all in all. :goodvibes Finally some extra pixie dust! pixiedust: After all the bummers.

This is my mother:

PIC_0009.jpg

Remember I told you my DW was crispy outside, tender inside? Well, here's me: goofy outside, rocker inside, and fatty all around:

PIC_0051.jpg

PIC_0052.jpg

Juana is also Goofy. She just doesn't like me to remind her of that. Here is some goofyness.

Itchy Mickey, so she helped him out

PIC_0027.jpg

Two Goofys!

PIC_0077-2.jpg

Next: Heading for Orlando! and guess what? More Bummers! :scared:

so sweet! Too bad about the Visa's getting denied, thats a bummer! I love Fultons too, such yummy food!:cool1:

That is a beautiful dress you have a great report going :thumbsup2

I just want to thank all of you:

lizet313
tiggersam00
Pooh_Girl
disneygal922
a1tinkfans
linzwylie
KittyKat08

for the kind words and encouragement (sp?). Oh, and of course, for reading :goodvibes

I have really enjoyed your trip report so far. I have several friends who have came to the US on visas, so I know how difficult the paperwork can sometimes be for everyone. Despite the setbacks it sounds like you did get some pixie dust along the way especially the extra vacation time :cool1: I love the shot of your dog with the Mickey ears for your avatar; our dog has the same ones!

I absolutely LOVE your trip report. You are a great, entertaining writer :thumbsup2 and you and Juana are absolutely adorable. Can't wait to hear more! :goodvibes

Hi all!

Since I have not yet written the next installment, I will try to keep you busy by posting the link to our wedding pics. I was trying to save it for posting it on the 'wedding day' installment, but hey, time is only an illusion, right?

We reallt liked our pictures. I have been reading bad, or at least, not so good reviews about Disney photography, but in our case, we think they are pretty good.

Oh! And because of some mess up, we just received the video of our wedding. We used 'A Magic Moment' which was pretty affordable. The editing of the video is simple, but we are happy with the end product. I'll try to post some segments of it, later on the game.

One comment... yes, it is true that being on video adds up to your weight. And certainly widescreen doesn't help either! I'm sure it is not what I eat!

Thanks for folowing this report!

https://www.collages.net/consumersite/guestlogin.aspx?username=bautista sosa wedding&password=1971

beautiful pictures! I love the ones of you both on the castle turret and on Cinderella's carosal! And during the ceremony I like how you were all up on the alter at the wedding pavillion, you all look so happy!
Oh and Juana had such cute hidden mickeys on her veil!
Disney did a great job, and you both looked wonderful!:cool1:

beautiful pictures! I love the ones of you both on the castle turret and on Cinderella's carosal! And during the ceremony I like how you were all up on the alter at the wedding pavillion, you all look so happy!
Oh and Juana had such cute hidden mickeys on her veil!
Disney did a great job, and you both looked wonderful!:cool1:

Thanks! Since there were only two guests (ups... spoiler!!!) it made sense to be all upthere. It really gave an intimate felling, despite being the WP so big.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter