Joy in the World ~ a magical Christmas weekend! real life update 04/07

Well, three days before my Christmas Disney trip, I received word that Disney had passed on the contract and I was successful in my offer! Currently, I am waiting on my welcome package from Disney but all the paperwork is done and my bank account is significantly depleted, lol! I am thrilled to own a small piece of the magic and I had to visit my new home away from home.
Congratulations! This is os exciting!!!

I needed to head over to Magic Kingdom as I had a party ticket for MVMCP and my FP time for Jingle Cruise was coming up.
Yay! I love the Jingle Cruise.

I had a very special reason for picking Wilderness Lodge as my first resort to hop to. You may remember that I had placed an offer on a resale DVC contract at Boulder Ridge Villas back in late November of 2019. Well, three days before my Christmas Disney trip, I received word that Disney had passed on the contract and I was successful in my offer!
Congratulations! That's great news, and I'd definitely want to stop by my new home too!

I love those relaxing days where you can just go around and check out the resorts like that. Looking forward to hearing about MVMCP!

That's awesome! Congrats!

We felt the same way here when we went in December!
Thank you! So looking forward to our first DVC stay! :) They definitely have to get their game together in regards to service at Enchanted Rose. The newness won't last forever as a draw for customers so they will want to be known for great service and food.
Congrats on becoming a DVC Member!! Sounds like a lovely time resort hopping!
Thanks Alexis! It really was a perfect afternoon. :goodvibes
Congratulations! That's great news, and I'd definitely want to stop by my new home too!

I love those relaxing days where you can just go around and check out the resorts like that. Looking forward to hearing about MVMCP!
Thank you! It was pretty amazing walking in to BRV and thinking "I own part of this now". My favourite Disney days are the hang out, relaxing ones.....definitely more my vibe than rushing all over the place. MVMCP is coming up soon!

Brunch sounds like it was absolutely lovely! I don't think I've had a bad experience at Homecoming. Love that they were so accommodating!

I'm still so happy for you about Boulder Ridge! I'll be honest, before Dan and I stayed there it wasn't even remotely on my radar for getting a contract but I absolutely loved it! I think the lobby in the Wilderness Lodge tends to get so over run now between WCC and Artist Point but Boulder Ridge is just so peaceful!

Brunch sounds like it was absolutely lovely! I don't think I've had a bad experience at Homecoming. Love that they were so accommodating!
Homecomin' is definitely on my favourite's list. The food and service were so good!!
I'm still so happy for you about Boulder Ridge! I'll be honest, before Dan and I stayed there it wasn't even remotely on my radar for getting a contract but I absolutely loved it! I think the lobby in the Wilderness Lodge tends to get so over run now between WCC and Artist Point but Boulder Ridge is just so peaceful!
Thank you so much! I completely agree, I just love the vibe there. The pool was really lovely too.

Congrats on buying DVC! How exciting!!

Did I read that right that you walked back to the Poly? I don't think I knew you could do that.

Congrats on buying DVC! How exciting!!
Thank you so much! We are thrilled. :)
Did I read that right that you walked back to the Poly? I don't think I knew you could do that.
Yes, there is a path along the beach. If you go past the beach pool at the GF the path goes around the DVC building and hooks up with the beach path at the Poly. It's a really pretty walk.

The food, ambiance and incredible service made this a meal to remember.
What a lovely brunch from start to finish!

Well, three days before my Christmas Disney trip, I received word that Disney had passed on the contract and I was successful in my offer!
YAY!!! A huge congrats to you! This is so exciting!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

I mean, it would be wrong not to have a Dole Whip when at the Poly, right??
::yes::

Congrats on becoming DVC! I agree you couldn't have bought at a more perfect resort :goodvibes I think the BRV lobby is so peaceful!

FYI booked brunch at Homecomin' for our July trip after reading your review :thumbsup2

I found the decor at the Contemporary to be rather sterile although I did think the Mary Blair inspired gingerbread scene featuring Cinderella was quite well done.
Agreed. Last year was the first time I even visited the CR during a holiday visit and while the whole Cinderella display was nicely done, in general the resort is not at all as festive as others.
The tree here was so pretty covered in traditional Polynesian flowers. Are they Plumeria blossoms? It was perfectly on theme.
Now I think the Polynesian is one of like two deluxe resorts I still haven't made a point to visit during the holidays! I guess I assumed they don't decorate much as you never really see pics of people visiting. The tree does look pretty though.

Congrats on becoming DVC! I agree you couldn't have bought at a more perfect resort :goodvibes I think the BRV lobby is so peaceful!
Thank you so much! I am so happy with my "home away from home."
FYI booked brunch at Homecomin' for our July trip after reading your review :thumbsup2
I hope you love it as much as I did! :)

After being off again for a bit, it's time to play that catch up game. ;) So mostly reading and leaving a note to say I'm caught up and still enjoying. :)

But adding some notes:

I really want to try HomeComin'! I was very reluctant at first, but lots of good reviews are coming out lately and I feel I've misjudged. I need to get there soon!

Your afternoon of resort hopping sounded so lovely! All the Christmas displays are always so beautiful!

Congrats on your new owneship! I'm sure you'll have many years of fun vacationing ahead of you!

After being off again for a bit, it's time to play that catch up game. ;) So mostly reading and leaving a note to say I'm caught up and still enjoying. :)
Glad you are hanging in with me! :) How was your first week back to work? Hope you get some time to rest and recharge this weekend.
I really want to try HomeComin'! I was very reluctant at first, but lots of good reviews are coming out lately and I feel I've misjudged. I need to get there soon!
It really is incredible. I am looking forward to going for lunch or dinner on my next trip.
Congrats on your new owneship! I'm sure you'll have many years of fun vacationing ahead of you!
Thanks Liesa! I am so happy about my purchase. :cloud9:

It's time for a party!!

I finally made it across the Seven Seas Lagoon on the launch and was feeling a bit stressed. I was pretty much at the end of my time for my Jingle Cruise FP and wasn't sure if I would make it to Adventureland in time. I went through the bypass and received my party bracelet as well as picking up one of the commemorative MVMCP pins. I walked quickly to Adventureland but when I went to tap in for my FP, it turned blue. I was ready to chalk it up to a loss but the CM asked if everything was ok and I explained what had happened with the launch. She very nicely let me through and soon I was enjoying the Jingle Cruise with a very punny skipper . I loved all the Christmas decor through the ride and felt the overlay was very well done.

Next up was my FP for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and I enjoyed the wildest ride in the wilderness. I was off to visit 999 Happy Haunts next and loved it as always. My first party priority was a meet with Pooh and the gang in their festive scarves. I hopped in line just after 6:00 and patiently waited about 45 minutes which was well worth it. They were the cutest ever!

IMG_5613.JPG

I headed further into Fantasyland in hopes of finding Santa Goofy but didn't have any luck. I noticed that they were giving out the snowman pretzel which was arguably the best snack of the party. It was warm and fluffy with the perfect amount of salt. Plus, it was just so cute!
IMG_5616.JPG

I decided to wander over by the Tea Cups next in case the Tweedles were out and about. They had just started meeting and there was only a few people lined up so I quickly hopped in line. What a fun meet! I adore everything Alice so this was a huge hit for me.
IMG_5784.JPG

I strolled over to Cosmic Rays next to pick up some cookies and kept on towards the People Mover. It's always a favourite way to spend some time. I knew it was getting close to the castle lighting show so headed off in that direction. I LOVED this...the show was so cute and the castle was just gorgeous. Pictures really do not do it justice.

IMG_5624.JPG

I had tickets for Tony's Most Merriest party as well but had some time to fill before it started. I decided to visit the Monsters Inc laugh floor which was hilarious with it's holiday overlay. I always enjoy this show and have very fond memories of Stuart being picked as Randall back on our 2015 trip. I also enjoyed the acapella group "The Edge Effect" as they performed their set.

I made my way down Main Street to check in for the party. The sky was clear and the Christmas tree looked so beautiful all lit up.
IMG_5629.JPG

I had been a bit worried about the value of the Tony's party but let me tell you, all worries were put to rest. There was a beautiful spread of antipasto, meats, cheeses and bread. Pizza, chicken marsala and other hot dishes were available. Beer, red wine, white wine and Prosecco were flowing freely. There was a gorgeous dessert table with lots of options. Hot drinks such as tea, coffee and hot chocolate were provided as well. The best thing was when it was time for fireworks we simply walked out the door and had an ideal viewing spot right by the tree. The new fireworks were lovely and I took advantage of being so close to Mickey's meet and greet to sneak over there just as the fireworks were ending. I walked right in with no wait and was soon meeting the Main Mouse in his festive gear.

IMG_5636.jpeg

I headed back to Tony's after my meet with Mickey and enjoyed a few more appies along with another glass of wine. As I was going towards the dessert table I spied @Cloe Colton with her husband Dan. I popped by their table to say hello and we had a lovely chat. They are two of the sweetest people you can hope to meet and invited me to come and sit with them. I really enjoyed talking with them about all things Disney and hearing a bit about their recent trip to Disneyland. We went out to view the parade together and I have to say the Christmas parade was simply magical. The floats, the music, the "snow".....it was just perfect!

I loved Minnie on her float!
IMG_5642.JPG

The Toy Soldiers stole the show!

IMG_5663.JPG

I was obsessed with the reindeer....just look at them!

IMG_5668.JPG

And then...there was Santa! There may have been some happy tears by this point. What a magical, perfect night!

IMG_5670.JPG

The only thing that was a little strange was an over zealous CM who didn't like where we were originally standing. We had crossed over and stood within the taped area. Our Most Merriest bracelets were clearly visible yet she made us walk back around and enter the area by a certain spot. We essentially ended up in the exact spot we were in. It was a little strange and off putting but I didn't let it put a damper on having the most prime viewing spot you could ask for.

So, was it worth it? I paid $104 for MVMCP and $99 for the Tony's party. $203 USD is the equivalent of $270 CDN which is fairly expensive. I did not regret it for a minute.....the food and drinks were great, the viewing spots for the fireworks and the parade were perfect and the ease of exiting the park after the parade was priceless. I couldn't have asked for a better experience for my first MVMCP!

I noticed that they were giving out the snowman pretzel which was arguably the best snack of the party. It was warm and fluffy with the perfect amount of salt. Plus, it was just so cute!
I think this is sooo cool. I'd rather have a salty snack than all the cookies they usually give out at MVMCP.

I headed back to Tony's after my meet with Mickey and enjoyed a few more appies along with another glass of wine. As I was going towards the dessert table I spied @Cloe Colton with her husband Dan. I popped by their table to say hello and we had a lovely chat. They are two of the sweetest people you can hope to meet and invited me to come and sit with them. I really enjoyed talking with them about all things Disney and hearing a bit about their recent trip to Disneyland. We went out to view the parade together and I have to say the Christmas parade was simply magical. The floats, the music, the "snow".....it was just perfect!
This is awesome!!!!! ❤

She very nicely let me through and soon I was enjoying the Jingle Cruise with a very punny skipper . I loved all the Christmas decor through the ride and felt the overlay was very well done.

That's the best. I would hate to miss Jingle Cruise!

the viewing spots for the fireworks and the parade were perfect and the ease of exiting the park after the parade was priceless. I couldn't have asked for a better experience for my first MVMCP!

It's all about the money lol...I have no doubt that some many of these experiences are amazing and want to do them all!! I do wish they weren't so expensive but it just is so much more special to not have to fight crowds for a little bit and get to enjoy a special atmosphere, those opportunities seem to be getting more and more expensive as the "regular" parks experiences get more and more crowded I guess they can justify it!! I love the pretzel...want one!! I've been debating whether it makes more sense to try to plan a trip for Halloween VS Xmas party....not sure which I want to do more!

I think this is sooo cool. I'd rather have a salty snack than all the cookies they usually give out at MVMCP.
I really wasn't a fan of the cookies but I loved that pretzel!
This is awesome!!!!! ❤
It was so, so lovely!
That's the best. I would hate to miss Jingle Cruise!
The CM was such a sweetheart. I really appreciated her being so accommodating.
It's all about the money lol...I have no doubt that some many of these experiences are amazing and want to do them all!! I do wish they weren't so expensive but it just is so much more special to not have to fight crowds for a little bit and get to enjoy a special atmosphere, those opportunities seem to be getting more and more expensive as the "regular" parks experiences get more and more crowded I guess they can justify it!! I love the pretzel...want one!! I've been debating whether it makes more sense to try to plan a trip for Halloween VS Xmas party....not sure which I want to do more!
I know, it really is a lot of money for the extras. On a solo trip I can justify it but if I was traveling with the boys it would be so expensive! I usually pick one big extra each trip and that is it. I have done both parties (MNSSHP and MVMCP) and loved them both so I am no help in deciding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!