Joy From The World! A New Trip Report! 1/27 HUGE News!!!

mickeysmyboy

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Welcome old friends and new to yet another Mickeysmyboy TR!

This trip was born out of a not so magical trip last December. A trip in which I was nearly arrested for the attempted murder of a family member or 2.

Ok, not really. But, our trip last December was very much less then magical because cold weather, different personalities, different expectations and different wants and needs got in the way.

The problem was that I want that trip soooo badly. A magical Christmas trip was something I had dreamed of. Beautiful Christmas decorations, amazing carols, snow falling (only fake please), ahhhhhh I could go on!

Unfortunately, I got to experience very little of that holiday Disney magic!

So, DH promised me a re-do trip. Originally it was supposed to be a family, DH and I and the kiddos, trip. But, requests for a MNSSHP trip could not be ignored and the family trip was moved up to October and the December trip not only became a re-do trip, but a trip where DH and I would be kidless and we would celebrate my birthday a few weeks early! Woo hooo!!!

A brief intro to the small cast of character before I start the party,

My DH!! John, he could be seen many, many times during the trip like this,

or like this

Ho hum!

DH is a civil engineer and works very, very hard! Him and his Dad own their own business and spend insane amounts of time working! Most of DH’s work weeks are over 60 hours!

When he isn’t working he enjoys sailing, fishing, boating and sports!

Me! Melissa, Mickeysmyboy!

(I used that picture for you, Tracy ;))

I am a Disney Travel Agent/SAHM! Our three kiddos keep me VERY busy! But, to make life a little more interesting I’m a PTA mom, I spent a crazy amount of time leading up to the trip working at the school book fair! Also, with DH’s love of sailing are kiddos (the 2 bigger ones) take sailing lessons at our local yacht club! At the end of this past summer I was elected Rear Commodore of the yacht club! YIKES! That means I’m in charge of the rapidly changing and growing sailing program and all of our young instructors and students! YIKES, YIKES, YIKES!!

Trip details; 6 nights at WL, 7 days in the parks! First time renting a car, lots and lots of holiday fun including 2 trips to MVMCP!!

As for the kiddos, the kiddos and 2 fur babies stayed home with Grandma and Grandpa! Luckily for us, Grandma and Grandpa live right next door!

A little pre-trip info; Leading up to the trip was a very busy time, with the school book fair, Thanksgiving, parent/teacher conferences, etc things got a little crazy!

Making sure Grandma has everything she needs for the kids and all the info she needs is no easy task! I swear this arrangement is way more stressful then a family trip!

But, I kept on thinking of this motto in mind to get me through…

With the trip rapidly approaching after the middle of November I knew I had very little time to lose! Of course, as some of you know, my life is never without crisis or drama!

So, to make things more interesting I re-injured a knee I had injured over the summer! Some of you will remember me falling in a hole in a pipe in the water near our yacht club and completely screwing up my left knee!

Being good to the knee and TRYING to do what the doctor said helped it heal and it wasn’t an issue at all during our October trip! But, being a klutz like I am a few weeks before our trip I got up in the middle of the night to get a crying DS4 who was having a nightmare. When I brought him into our room at 3 am, in the dark and being in a middle of the night fog I misjudged where the end of our bed was! Good gosh I tripped sooo bad!

I did a very graceful dance around the end of the bed trying not to fall on or drop DS4! Of course, I totally blew the knee again!!! The next morning involved a call to the doctor and I was luckily able to get an appointment the next day!

He sent me for my second MRI in 5 months and the results indicated water on my knee, bursitis, and a bulge of some sort in my meniscus in the back of my knee, it may be torn but they aren’t sure! Joy!!!

My doctor is FABULOUS and gave me lots of advice when I told him that DH and I would be going to WDW! But, he did tell me “I’m not going to lie to you, it’s going to hurt, probably a lot, and your not going to be happy!” Great news!

He decided to wait until right before our trip to see if all the inflammation had gone down and said he would give me a cortisone injection if I needed it before the trip! So, I made a follow up appointment for a few days before the trip!

Life being what it is, the day before that appointment (3 days before the trip) I was running errands making sure everything at home was squared away. I was in BJ’s (wholesale club) with my brand new iphone 4s in my hand when some crazy lady knocked into me and I dropped my phone!!!! On the hard, concrete floor!!!! The stupid lady didn’t even say sorry! I was standing still and she bumped me because she wasn’t paying attention! Grrrrr!!!

I bet you know what happened!!

The screen shattered!!

My heart sank and I nearly had an anxiety attack right in the middle of the store!

I hurried up and finished my shopping and hightailed it home and called apple! Luckily the guy I spoke to was able to get me an appointment the next day at the only apple store anywhere near me. Which is about 45 minutes from my house! Of course, the apple appointment would make my doctors appointment impossible! So I had to cancel it! Grrr!

But, I needed a phone for the trip! So off to the apple store I went! A quick trip and a lighter wallet later I had a brand new phone!!

But, would cancelling my doctors appointment lead to problems during the trip?! Would the trip go the way the things had been going?!

Hi, Melissa. I'm here; I'm on the phone with my baby (age 23) who was at hospital for tests, but I'll be back to read. Just saving my spot. :)

Okay...I'm back.

Great intros. Sorry to hear about the knee -- :eek:

And why are people so rude that they can't even say "I'm sorry?"

Can't wait to hear all about the trip.

:confused3 Am I first? :confused3

Not quite...

OK back to comment... I know what you mean about preparing caregivers for your absence! DH & I haven't gone away without the kids in a while but I've gone away without DH & it's unbelieveable how many lists I have to leave behind!

Oh no about your knee!!! :scared1: Double oh no about your phone!! :scared1::scared1: I can't believe that lady didn't say anything. :sad2: I completely understand why your appointment with Apple would take priority over your appointment with the doctor. :laughing: I'd do the same thing! I hope that decision didn't come back to haunt you.

Reporting for duty! :)

Lots of pre trip drama...yikes! :scared1: Really hoping it all worked out and you weren't too uncomfortable with all the walking. :goodvibes

Ahhhhahaha!!! My favorite picture!!! Thanks so much!!!! :)
Love your adult trips and can't wait to tag along!!

Ugghhhh poor Siri!!!! I was so angry when you told me about dearly departed Siri. I would have been fuming! Thankfully we both got the insurance this time around!!!

Tracy

ouch ouch and OUCH!

I'm here. Horrible about keeping up anywhere these days but I'm sure going to try!

I can certainly relate to the knee issues. I let mine go far too long. I had arthritis, torn meniscus, and something else they found when they did the surgery. I don't remember - they told Jill while I was still out of it. ;) I hope the pain didn't dampen your trip too much.

Sorry about the phone breaking. I would have chosen the phone over the doctor's appointment, too. Communication at hand has become the norm, especially with kids.

I look forward to lots of good pictures coming up. :)

I'm here, Melissa! :goodvibes

Oh jeez, I remember when you hurt your knee over the summer! I hope you didn't have many issues with it on the trip, especially since you had to cancel your doctor's appointment! I know how far the Apple Store is from you...what a pain! :headache:

I know you always have surprises up your sleeve on your WDW trips...I can't wait to see what they are this time. I also wanted to ask you, I'm interested in doing a private dining event for Chris and I on our Disneymoon. I know you did this for your DH once. What are your suggestions and how much am I looking at spending (approx)? You are my private dining guru :rotfl:

Hi, I am a lurker from your other TR coming out of hiding for this one...can't wait to hear how your knee does for you on this trip. Hope the re-do is better than the original trip!!!

I'm here!!!
I love the title - 2 years ago we got the girls t-shirts that said Joy From the World!!!

Back from reading -
OH MY GOSH! I hope you bought insurance on this phone!! HA!

Your poor knee! Sometimes I think knee problems are the worst - they hinder so much other activity. But then I think, Oh, if my arm was broken I couldn't type...No matter what it is - being injured stinks!! I really pray that it didn't affect your trip. Guess I'll have to keep reading to find out!

I'm here! :yay:

There is always drama before a trip, isn't there?! :headache::headache::headache: I swear we can never get out of the house without something crazy happening either!

I'm here!! WOOT WOOT!! Thanks for the heads up! Can't wait to hear all about it!

WOW what a crazy start to your trip!! That is insane!!! Sorry to hear about your knee, I hope it didn't end up giving you too much trouble!

Sorry to hear about your phone and your knee. Can't wait to hear about an adults only trip.

Hi, Melissa. I'm here; I'm on the phone with my baby (age 23) who was at hospital for tests, but I'll be back to read. Just saving my spot. :)

Okay...I'm back.

Great intros. Sorry to hear about the knee -- :eek:

And why are people so rude that they can't even say "I'm sorry?"

Can't wait to hear all about the trip.

Oh my goodness! I hope your son is OK!!!

UGH! My knee is soooo annoying!!!

The guy in the apple store said the same thing!! No, not even a look back! I think she may have been scared of what I was going to say!

:confused3 Am I first? :confused3

Not quite...

OK back to comment... I know what you mean about preparing caregivers for your absence! DH & I haven't gone away without the kids in a while but I've gone away without DH & it's unbelieveable how many lists I have to leave behind!

Oh no about your knee!!! :scared1: Double oh no about your phone!! :scared1::scared1: I can't believe that lady didn't say anything. :sad2: I completely understand why your appointment with Apple would take priority over your appointment with the doctor. :laughing: I'd do the same thing! I hope that decision didn't come back to haunt you.

It really is a lot of work to get everything together when we go away alone! Even more so when I go away alone! But, it's all worth it in the end!

I really thought I needed the phone for the trip! How could I be out of communication!? Even if with DH's phone glued to him I still needed mine!

Hi Melissa!!! I am dying to go! to Disney for the mvmcp so I will live vicariously through you!!!

Welcome!

MVMCP is fabulous and so festive! I have LOTS of pictures!

Hi there!!! Can't wait to hear all about the wonderful trip!!!!!! Take care of your knee.

Welcome! Thanks!!

Reporting for duty! :)

Lots of pre trip drama...yikes! :scared1: Really hoping it all worked out and you weren't too uncomfortable with all the walking. :goodvibes

Wooo hooo! Welcome C!!

Ahhh, you know me, there is rarely a drama free time!

Ahhhhahaha!!! My favorite picture!!! Thanks so much!!!! :)
Love your adult trips and can't wait to tag along!!

Ugghhhh poor Siri!!!! I was so angry when you told me about dearly departed Siri. I would have been fuming! Thankfully we both got the insurance this time around!!!

Tracy

Welcome Tracy!! :lmao:

Poor Siri 1!!! I'm sure by now Apple has refurbed her hopefully she'll be in good hands after that! I wonder if she'll tell them "Hold on, I'm still getting to know you!" :lmao:

ouch ouch and OUCH!

I'm here. Horrible about keeping up anywhere these days but I'm sure going to try!

Welcome Cynthia!!

I know what you mean!! I have a hard time keeping up all the time!!!

I was here last night but my post got stuck on my phone!!!
How sad about your knee and that woman that made you drop your phone!!!!!
What moron...

I can certainly relate to the knee issues. I let mine go far too long. I had arthritis, torn meniscus, and something else they found when they did the surgery. I don't remember - they told Jill while I was still out of it. ;) I hope the pain didn't dampen your trip too much.

Sorry about the phone breaking. I would have chosen the phone over the doctor's appointment, too. Communication at hand has become the norm, especially with kids.

I look forward to lots of good pictures coming up. :)

Welcome MeMom!!!

I remember when you had the surgery on your knee! I'm going to the doctor next week, I'm interested to see what he says! It's been KILLING me off and on!

As much I hated to cancel my appt I couldn't be without my phone!

I'm here, Melissa! :goodvibes

Oh jeez, I remember when you hurt your knee over the summer! I hope you didn't have many issues with it on the trip, especially since you had to cancel your doctor's appointment! I know how far the Apple Store is from you...what a pain! :headache:

I know you always have surprises up your sleeve on your WDW trips...I can't wait to see what they are this time. I also wanted to ask you, I'm interested in doing a private dining event for Chris and I on our Disneymoon. I know you did this for your DH once. What are your suggestions and how much am I looking at spending (approx)? You are my private dining guru :rotfl:

I was soooo upset when I hurt my dang knee again!

I can't believe I had to drive a lllll the way to Smith Haven! I impressed myself though! I dropped DS4 at school a little before 9 drove to Smith Haven (the apple store opens at 9) for a 9:45 appt, got the new phone and still got home by 11!

I didn't have too many surprises up my sleeve this trip! But, we still had lots of fun! We did do the private dinner last year! I'll go through my info and PM you! It was fabulous!

Hi, I am a lurker from your other TR coming out of hiding for this one...can't wait to hear how your knee does for you on this trip. Hope the re-do is better than the original trip!!!

Welcome and thanks! The re-do was a lot better!

Can't wait to follow! popcorn::

Thanks for joining in!

I'm here!!!
I love the title - 2 years ago we got the girls t-shirts that said Joy From the World!!!

Back from reading -
OH MY GOSH! I hope you bought insurance on this phone!! HA!

Your poor knee! Sometimes I think knee problems are the worst - they hinder so much other activity. But then I think, Oh, if my arm was broken I couldn't type...No matter what it is - being injured stinks!! I really pray that it didn't affect your trip. Guess I'll have to keep reading to find out!

Welcome!!! Actually, that's where the name came from! I bought a sweatshirt that says that!!

Thank god I did buy insurance on the dang phone!

I think any injury just kinda stinks! I really wish it would stop hurting though!

I'm here! :yay:

There is always drama before a trip, isn't there?! :headache::headache::headache: I swear we can never get out of the house without something crazy happening either!

Woo hoo!! Welcome Brook!

My life is so rarely without drama! But, at this point I'm used to it!

I'm here!! WOOT WOOT!! Thanks for the heads up! Can't wait to hear all about it!

WOW what a crazy start to your trip!! That is insane!!! Sorry to hear about your knee, I hope it didn't end up giving you too much trouble!

Welcome Jen!!

Never without drama around here!

Sorry to hear about your phone and your knee. Can't wait to hear about an adults only trip.

Welcome!!! More to come soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter