Join AAA at a discount?

Sammy

DIS Veteran
Hello budget-conscious friends! DH and I are looking at joining AAA, but I was wondering if there are any incentives or discounts to join? We'll join anyway, but just thought I'd check first!!

Thanks
Sammy

ask if you can get a free trial membership. i cancelled my membership over 15 years ago and have been getting 90 day free membership cards at least 2 times as year for the past couple of years.

we cancelled because we did'nt feel the travel discounts were worth the cost of membership (and we could get the road side assistance through our non 3 A car insurance company for at 75% less per year).

We joined this week. We received an offer in the mail for DH and I both to join for a total of $49. When I called a local office and asked if I could join over the phone I had to have my offer number from the postcard to join at that price.

I will be joining through MyPoints. I got an email offer that will charge me only $10 for the first 2 months and then the balance of the fee is charged to my card after that. I get 500 MyPoints for joining too, which is more than a 1/3 of a $10 gas card's points. So, being that we need a AAA card to get the discount on our room at CSR and our other hotel rooms during our December trip, and that we enjoy the piece of mind it offers as well as some of the other discounts available through AAA, this seems to be the best deal that I can come up with. Maggie

What I did to get a discount was I called AAA for an application and when it came, it came with discounts for joining.

Good luck!

Is the AAA offer listed on the Mypoints web site? I cannot find it anywhere and did not receive an email.

Thanks!
:flower:
Michelle

I am hoping that this doesn't get me into any trouble, but the link that I got in email for the deal through MyPoints is here. I can only assume that the link is not specifically tied to my account. Please be sure to check your account with MyPoints to verify in 24-48 hours that you have points pending for joining AAA. I would print whatever needs to be printed and saved, just to confirm that you can back up your claim to MyPoints. I have never had any problems with them, but I don't want to create any problems for any of you either. Maggie

Thank you, Maggie. Unfortunately, the link is only for AAA South so I cannot use it. :sad2: I'll call tomorrow to see if they have any promos in my area.

Thanks again! :love2:
Michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter