John Hurt the voice actor of the Black Cauldron has passed away

Great loss indeed. There are movies that we all remember him in such as "Alien" and "Harry Potter." However, he had many films; such as in "The elephant Man," and one appropriate to our times, "1984."

He was a thinking man's actor, in my opinion. He always gave thanks for getting an opportunity of playing a gay man; at a time where it could have ruined his career (The Naked Civil Servant). It was a brave thing to do at the time and everyone told him not to do it. He later said that he had received many thanks from folks that had to live a double life, and this movie helped them.

How about the way that he could lose himself in any role?
He was the perfect Doctor in Dr. Who. (Amazon Prime includes Dr. Who in their membership). I keep asking Netflix to include it, to no avail. Anyway, Remember him as the heroin addict in "Midnight Express?" Yet he could transform into the most refined aristocrat. What a loss for us.
Yes, rest in peace, Sir John Vincent Hurt, but only for a little while..
I pray that your adventure has only begun!

"The wand chooses the wizard, Mr. Potter" Ollivander Ollivander.jpg

Last edited:
Was very sorry to hear this yesterday. I am thankful to have Mr. Hurt in my autograph collection of voice actors. RIP, sir.

6117697_orig.jpg
7714776_orig.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter