John & Beths' VR PJ, SoG, undated!augh!

hollybearsmom

Please send my fairy godmother home, pronto!
**Updated 10/21 The following entry was written right after our last trip! You can see that the date has changed, but what else is in store? I hope you will read along. And give us lots of helpful advice!**

Hello! We will be celebrating our 15th anniversary at WDW! I know the colors are blue, black and white. I know it will be on Saturday June 12, 2010 at the gazebo (weather allowing) at Shades of Green! I know I am excited!!!

I love reading everyone's pj and tr and getting ideas. I have a folder of photos ready to go for my favorite things. 18 months! That seems far away, but then I think about how long the wedding took to plan and I wonder...

photo. right. here we are on our recent trip over the Christmas-New Years week, with our stone from our Disneymoon in 1995:

0515.jpg

cake ideas
table tops
first brochure
flower idea
gazebo idea
Story of Us Part 1
Story of Us Part 2
Story of Us Part 3
what about the date
etiquette? and a dress?
THE DATE IS.....

plans day 1 plans day 2 plans day 3 plans day 4 plans day 5 plans day 6
vow renewal day
decor ideas

welcome! looking forward to hearing your plans! we are planning a VR for our 20th in July 2010! welcome and good luck with all your plans!:goodvibes

welcome! looking forward to hearing your plans! we are planning a VR for our 20th in July 2010! welcome and good luck with all your plans!:goodvibes

I'd already subbed to your thread and am lurking, so I'm off to say hello!
Thank you! Congrats on 20! That is quite an achievement!

I just remembered I wanted to say we stayed at the shades of green when it was the disney inn years ago! I really liked the resort. I do not remember the gazebo specifically but I am sure it is beautiful! congrats again.

I was looking at cakes......and these are the ones I fell in love with....what do you think?
TraditionalBasketweave-Standard.jpg

I love this one because, for my wedding I ordered a cake with the basket weave. I did not live in the town we got married in. I arrived the day of my rehearsal and the first place my then fiancée took me was to the bakers. She could not do the basket weave because of the humidity. It was literally falling off the sides of the cake as we stood there and looked at all 5 tiers. I walked out in tears telling her to do whatever she wanted.
So, in the interest of replacing that memory with a better one - I present the basket weave cake. CHOICE #1.

CastleInTheStars-GoldAndSilver.jpg

Almost at the exact other end of the spectrum is this beauty. Heavily decorated. Absolutely dreamy. I didn't see a better Disney representation of dreams coming true than this. From the castle, all the streamers, down to the stars, I love this look. Is it over the top? CHOICE #2

BowLovers-Silver.jpg

I'm a southern girl, what southern belle doesn't love big puffy bows to match our great big hair??? I'd probably choose them in gold, but is this your favorite? CHOICE #3

MickeysDelight-RoundStandard.jpg

Simple, but cute. Perfect for an afternoon vow renewal reception don't you think? CHOICE #4

Miniature-MickeyHat.jpg

I'd not do red, but it's so cute and petite! I really like ears better than a bride and groom since it's a VR and not our "the wedding cake". I would also like to have two small side cakes with ears too. CHOICE #5

So, what do you think??????

the one with stars and the castle is one of my favorite too! :goodvibes I think we are pretty much set on using a mad hatter cake with the ears just because like you said its not our wedding cake and they are fun looking.... I think the mini cakes are so cute too! good luck!

We're going with the basketweave for ours I believe. But we've got this "New England" theme going on, so it fits. :)

For yours I would go with choice 2 - you have bad memories of the first basket weave - you should have all new memories!! And I think it would look awesome with your color scheme :thumbsup2

HI!

I love the pic of you both by your stone. So cute. I wish they still did this.

Look forward to hearing more of your plans. It will be here before you know it.

I was looking at cakes......and these are the ones I fell in love with....what do you think?
TraditionalBasketweave-Standard.jpg

I love this one because, for my wedding I ordered a cake with the basket weave. I did not live in the town we got married in. I arrived the day of my rehearsal and the first place my then fiancée took me was to the bakers. She could not do the basket weave because of the humidity. It was literally falling off the sides of the cake as we stood there and looked at all 5 tiers. I walked out in tears telling her to do whatever she wanted.
So, in the interest of replacing that memory with a better one - I present the basket weave cake. CHOICE #1.

CastleInTheStars-GoldAndSilver.jpg

Almost at the exact other end of the spectrum is this beauty. Heavily decorated. Absolutely dreamy. I didn't see a better Disney representation of dreams coming true than this. From the castle, all the streamers, down to the stars, I love this look. Is it over the top? CHOICE #2

BowLovers-Silver.jpg

I'm a southern girl, what southern belle doesn't love big puffy bows to match our great big hair??? I'd probably choose them in gold, but is this your favorite? CHOICE #3

MickeysDelight-RoundStandard.jpg

Simple, but cute. Perfect for an afternoon vow renewal reception don't you think? CHOICE #4

Miniature-MickeyHat.jpg

I'd not do red, but it's so cute and petite! I really like ears better than a bride and groom since it's a VR and not our "the wedding cake". I would also like to have two small side cakes with ears too. CHOICE #5

So, what do you think??????

OMG! They are all cute!! It's a tough choice. I think my favorite it cake #2, but the one with the mouse ears on top is really cute. Are you going to order it through Disney dining? Who is going to make it? I am doing a VR at the Swan, and they can't make the cake I want. So I'll have to find something else that they can do.
Congratulations on your VR!!! I look forward to reading more.

I really don't know who made these!
Help??!?!?!?!?!? dis brides, I am constantly saving things without any reference. I'll keep looking back through all my little post-its too and try to remember which resort these came from for you!

My dh likes the castle and star cake. So we will do that for the adults - and then just a little one with the mickey ears for the kiddies table!!!!

I'm so happy we have a choice made!

So much to update...hubby is tdy until the fall, so I get to lay out all my pretties and look at them whenever I want!

ACMoore was redoing their floral dep, and most things were 75% off. So I got several things and with a little walmart spray paint, they will all be the right color for pennies on the dollar!

I think we chose a table decor...square glass vases with white floating flowers, hoping for peonies, but carnations if I can't find the right things. Clear glass marbles in the bottom.
White candles in brass candlesticks of varying heights and styles, all thrifted for less than $15.
And just white tablecloths, with the black chargers, white china, and black bow tie napkin holders.

I'm starting to pick out our music, and though the song is not weddingy, i just love Carrie Underwood and Randy Travis' I Told You So...think i could stick it in the play list?

I ordered tri-folds from Vista, and I let a misspelled word slip through, what should I do?
Type little stickers to put over top of it, do it in marker, or suck up the cost and order again?

I'm pretty sure those are all cakes from Disney itself. I know you can purchase the castle toppers through Shelley at Impressions. You also might have luck contracting with the GF Bakery to do the cake. Some girls have done ones for their anniversary, etc.

Just wanted to drop by and say Hey! everything looks great. I'm getting married at SOG on august 1st! I love it there!

I like all of the cakes you posted. I struggled picking a cake. I'm getting mine from Publix. They were very flexible and willing to work with you, so they could probably work with you to make your dream cake. They deliver also,I think the delivery fee was 35.

as far as the typo, I would suck it up and order them again. But that is me, sometimes I can be a perfectionist. But if it isn't going to bother you, I wouldn't worry too much about it! How many would you have to order?

I'd probably order them again, but it depends on how noticeable it is. Any photos of them?

It would depend on how noticeable the mistake is.....and cost to reorder. I would try to fix it first though if possible:goodvibes

Okay, here's a few pieces of it..and the paragraph with the typo...
brochure1.jpg

brochure2.jpg

brochure3.jpg

And I don't want a big bouquet, so i was thinking of one of these from FTD for inspiration...If I do the wrist, my hubby will get a double rose bout. Opinions?
408.jpg

Will you feel comfortable with the "what do I do with my hands" deal?
I love the roses.....
You could also have a small nosegay.
I'm sure whatever you choose will be lovely!

Thanks Trudy, the other idea was a small tossing bouquet, like this, also from FTD...
ftdcorsage.jpg

with the matching for my hubby
ftdboutonniere.jpg

But we plan on walking in together, and holding hands almost the whole time, so I think a corsage is better..........

Oh Pooooo. Word on the rumor mill is an extra 6 weeks just got tacked on, I want my honey home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!