Jodi Benson performs at the DIS 20th Anniversary.

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by Accident, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Accident

Accident Registered

360 recording of Jodi Benson, with speeches by John and Kevin.

QUALITY DISCLAIMER: I traveled light and had my camera set for the outdoor stage, unfortunately the change to an indoor stage threw me for a loop I wasn't prepared for. It's a little over exposed, I'm further away than I should have been. but it's watchable and sounds great.

You will need to watch from youtube to see the 360 and not the embedded. Scroll around the video or use with google cardboard or vr goggles to experience it like you were there.

for best quality, you may need to set for 4K and let it buffer a little. 360 kind of kills the quality to a degree in the first place and it's not like a field of view recording in how the pixars work.

youtube note: when in fuil screen you can zoom in/out a little with the mouse wheel or +/- on a keypad.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  2. earfulofmagic

earfulofmagic cranking out magic and assembly line whimsy

how am I just learning this? neat :)

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. AMusicLifeForMe

AMusicLifeForMe DIS Veteran

Thank you for this @Accident! I only got video of two songs, so it's nice to have a video of the whole concert. It was great getting to meet you as well!

Accident likes this.
  5. Accident

Accident Registered

Is anyone else hearing audio only out the right speakers? I just noticed this when playing from a different computer.

EDIT: I think it's this computer that has an issue and not the youtube video.
    EDIT: yes it was this computer, ignore the man behind the curtain.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  6. Hunterr

Hunterr DIS Veteran

Oh cool! Thanks for the effort.

7. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Were you at the back of the seating area with the camera up on a pole @Accident? We were right across the aisle.

rteetz likes this.
  8. Accident

Accident Registered

yeah I'm pretty easy to spot.

OKW Lover likes this.
  9. 12jdc

12jdc Earning My Ears

Thanks @Accident!!! That was great to be able to share in the moment. I am glad so many were able to attend! Love seeing Pete & John. Hope everyone enjoyed the wonderful event.

Accident likes this.
  10. SorcererHeidi

SorcererHeidi Sorcerer please cast forever love spell for me

Awesome! @Accident - thank you SO much for doing this, and letting me feel like I could be a small part of this amazing experience. Loved @WebmasterPete 's raw emotion, @WebmasterJohn 's usual humor (which I love!), and I could swear I heard the cute chuckle of @safetymom in the background of your video - don't know if she was sitting near you. And some day I'm hoping to get to meet Pete's Mom - I'm sure I will love her as much as everyone else obviously does.

And OMG - Jodi Benson is PRECIOUS - I just wanted to give her biggest hug, and carry her around in my pocket, to put a perennial smile on my face!!! Of course a HUGE highlight for me was getting to hear one of my fave Disney songs (Part of Your World) by my fave Disney Princess.

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for sharing this, and making me feel so emotional, warm and fuzzy!!!! And THANK YOU to all involved (Pete, John, all the Teams through the years, and all my fellow posters) for giving me a happy, safe, magical HOME to come to all these years!!

11. mickeyrunner

mickeyrunner Disney fan with a running problem

Thank you for this! We totally missed it live!

12. WebmasterJackie

WebmasterJackie Community Manager for The DIS Staff Member

So glad you recorded and posted this for those who couldn't be there! She was really fabulous. :lovestruc

MK2010, TheMaxRebo, rteetz and 4 others like this.
  13. Aerin75

Aerin75 DIS Veteran

14. bethifoody

bethifoody Mouseketeer

Thank you for sharing! As someone whose travel dollars are spent for the next 2 years & couldn't possibly have gotten there to see this, I really appreciate a view into the celebration!

MK2010 and SorcererHeidi like this.
  15. disneyholic family

disneyholic family disney on my mind....

thanks for sharing that!!! she's truly delightful!!!
    so wonderful to hear her sing part of your world....she's just amazing!!

MK2010 and SorcererHeidi like this.
  16. Alicenwonderment

Alicenwonderment Mouseketeer

Video not working.