Jingle Bell Jingle BAM Show at DHS with Dessert Party Details POST 8

Other than Lisa's crazy group, anyone else going this week?

Heading out Friday for a week at Beach Club. This is a solo trip for me (my DS10 decided that he didn't want to go back so soon - we were there for 11 nights in May - so DH is staying home too.) Trying lots of new restaurants (doing deluxe dining plan), doing a bunch of dessert parties, and lots of shopping.

Although the crazy group sounds like awesome fun...

I actually love mint so I don't mind. And I too prefer savory over sweet, so I'm excited about the menu (although wish they had the Nutella to try.)
me too. although there will be nutella chocolate at garden grill breakfast for the waffles but not frozen. i also am not a huge fan of white chocolate, just dark and sometimes decent milk. But the salted caramel thing got mixed reviews, people either love it or hate it (or they tweaked the recipe since the first one). And that gingerbread cookie with dark chocolate center looks good. um, I think I will be just fine :P

Heading out Friday for a week at Beach Club. This is a solo trip for me (my DS10 decided that he didn't want to go back so soon - we were there for 11 nights in May - so DH is staying home too.) Trying lots of new restaurants (doing deluxe dining plan), doing a bunch of dessert parties, and lots of shopping.

Although the crazy group sounds like awesome fun...
this sounds like heaven to me, lol. We are all going on 12/3. Well not all of us as in all of the DIS just all of us who planned to go to this event together.

this sounds like heaven to me, lol. We are all going on 12/3. Well not all of us as in all of the DIS just all of us who planned to go to this event together.

This is definitely going to be a "Me" vacation. My DS said no way to CRT (a few other things that I might have convinced DH to agree too if it was just the 2 of us) but I'm totally looking forward to this as I've been going since 1998 and never had a meal in the castle. Lots of down-time in the plan. Lots of Signature restaurants booked, 2 Candlelight processional shows with different narrators, Club Villain, Dessert parties at 3 parks, and I've actually got chunks of time on this trip to relax so I'm totally looking forward to this. Perhaps even some spa visits --- which don't happen on the family trips.

I'm also booked for 12/3 for JB so hopefully I'll see you there!

Last edited:
This is definitely going to be a "Me" vacation. My DS said no way to CRT (a few other things that I might have convinced DH to agree too if it was just the 2 of us) but I'm totally looking forward to this as I've been going since 1998 and never had a meal in the castle. Lots of down-time in the plan. Lots of Signature restaurants booked, 2 Candlelight processional shows with different narrators, Club Villain, Dessert parties at 3 parks, and I've actually got chunks of time on this trip to relax so I'm totally looking forward to this. Perhaps even some spa visits --- which don't happen on the family trips.

I'm also booked for 12/3 for JB so hopefully I'll see you there!
if you're feeling up to it, join us! we are all going to have tags on our bags identifying us, I will send you a PM with what it looks like and feel free to come on over and hang out if you're feeling social. If not no worries at all, lol. My son says NO WAY to CRT too, lol, I totally get it! I love my kiddo to bits and our vacation in 2014 was the best of my life but I am a bit envious too! he'd kill me if I went without him!

if you're feeling up to it, join us! we are all going to have tags on our bags identifying us, I will send you a PM with what it looks like and feel free to come on over and hang out if you're feeling social. If not no worries at all, lol. My son says NO WAY to CRT too, lol, I totally get it! I love my kiddo to bits and our vacation in 2014 was the best of my life but I am a bit envious too! he'd kill me if I went without him!
Could you send me a pm with what the tag looks like, don't wanna go yelling "lisa f" all around

Sounds good. I have JB booked at 5:45 on Dec 3 so definitely send along the tag and I'll stop by and say "hi".

Definitely do a solo trip at some point as it really does give you a chance to do Disney at a slightly more relaxed pace. My last solo trip was in 2009 (DH did a golf trip so I went to WDW) and it really does let you enjoy some things you might not have stopped to see when you have kids with you. To be honest it sort of re-invigorated my energy for WDW vacations.

Based on what Lisa F has posted about her group, I suspect that finding her, and them, probably will not be a problem. Plus the fact that our very own "Lady of the Dark Side" is planning to stop by to say hi, be afraid event staff, be very afraid?
:) to bad you won't be there or will you?

Based on what Lisa F has posted about her group, I suspect that finding her, and them, probably will not be a problem. Plus the fact that our very own "Lady of the Dark Side" is planning to stop by to say hi, be afraid event staff, be very afraid?
not afraid, excited! every time I find a post on this board and I'm thinking "omg that is so helpful!" I realize it is @yulilin3 who started it and maintained it. What a treasure for the DISboards she is!

Actually I will be there.
Apparently Disney heard about us and decided to bring out the big guns to keep us in line!

We are not as big a group as it feels, only 17 of us, which is hardly a presence in a dessert party with over 200 people. I'm guessing there may be some families bigger than us there! A few people dropped out due to other priorities.

Apparently Disney heard about us and decided to bring out the big guns to keep us in line!

We are not as big a group as it feels, only 17 of us, which is hardly a presence in a dessert party with over 200 people. I'm guessing there may be some families bigger than us there! A few people dropped out due to other priorities.
make sure to grab group pictures, those are always fun.

Actually you'll be the largest single group that I've personally ever encountered at any of the dessert parties at Epcot and DHS during the last few years. There may have been larger groups at the parties, but not at any that I had anything to do with.

What happens a lot is that when a group is of a certain size, it makes sense to have a private dessert party. However, for the JBJB show, it's not an option, but it is for Illuminations. There are private dinner/dessert or just dessert parties taking place every single night.
oh interesting. we maybe could have gotten an illuminations party together but I am pretty much full up on dessert parties (I had a regular one booked before JBJB was announced as a backup so as not to devastate my child with lack of desserts at disney world, lol... just kidding... I made the mistake of talking up the SWaGS dessert party before I could book it so I wanted something to soften the blow... but I cancelled it now). But I have heard very good reviews of the private parties for example travel agents have thrown and the per person cost is quite reasonable too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter