Jingle Bell Jingle BAM Show at DHS with Dessert Party Details POST 8

Well shucks. Looks like we may have to miss this one unless ROL isn't a go... Is it bad that I'm kind of hoping ROL isn't going to be up and running so we can see this? :duck:
I have had bouts of wishing it wouldn't be up and running due to the last minute complications and my own emotional inability to deal with feeling like I am missing out. lol.

I doubt they will change he times and very unlikely there will be 2 shows
they haven't announced those times yet, she is going 12/11 - 12/17. I thought she meant a second F! which is possible, I agree they won't run the fireworks twice, they never do that (except extremely rare occasions like NYE). but with 2 F! shows that allows you to do both in one night. one will be close to JBJB and the other further away.

it's been a while since I've been there but it always seemed to me that back in the day when there was a HUGE line (and before FPs) that the front lobby was always packed full of people and lots of memorabilia to see... how even when there is a maximum wait there, with FP+ returns, you just zip right through that front queueing area. Is it possible they will remove the queue and have something in that front lobby with the queue operating just in the part with the movie screen? I am seriously considering trying ot get a SDFP (after my third is used up earlier in AK) for GMR for 4:30-5:30 or around then before the dessert party.
The wording on the HUB for the area of the dessert party says: The event will be both outdoor and indoor, primarily in the courtyard in front of the attraction and also inside the main entrance foyer of the attraction.
Now everyone thinks that the main entrance to GMR is the one in the center where you go in now using your fp. The main entrance is on the right side where the standby enters.So I'm thinking they will drop all the chains on the right side use that plus this area inside
2014-04-06-16.37.18.jpg

Because they are still giving out fp for it then they will likely need to use their fp entrance plus standby through the same entrance
IMG_9368.JPG

We will obviously need to wait for the first night to see the actual set up

I ended up booking this on my AK day with the hope that if RoL opens I can do it after a 5pm CA Grill dinner (there would have to be an 8pm show). I am first week of december so it's tough, park hours are still abbreviated... but for your week they start opening them up and I do believe the JBJB schedule will be more like it is around thanksgiving (ie a bit later in the evening) and not so early at 5:30. it's a tough time to have a dessert party because that really is prime dinner time for most folks so you have to do one or the other, whereas the later dessert parties allow both. We are doing a 3pm Y&Y which I will probably show up early for (we have festival of the lion king planned for 2pm and unsure if I should try to move it to 2:30 which means showing up a few minutes late or just show up a half hour early... it probably does not matter given that it is an odd time to eat and Y&Y seems to seat people quickly).

I think there is also a chance of a second F! being added. They did for the busier november days (thanksgiving adjacent). It's just a question of whether disney thinks it is busy enough to run it.

Ooooh! I didn't even think about a second F! We usually go in the off season, so we've never had 2 F! Well that would be spectacular - we could do the fireworks and then F! after! Or, I wonder if ROL is running if there is a late enough show that we can hop to that on a different day as well.

@Lisa F I know what you mean about feeling like missing out! Hahaha it's a lot of up and down happening with planning right now!

they haven't announced those times yet, she is going 12/11 - 12/17. I thought she meant a second F! which is possible, I agree they won't run the fireworks twice, they never do that (except extremely rare occasions like NYE). but with 2 F! shows that allows you to do both in one night. one will be close to JBJB and the other further away.
right I was talking about the times that are already announced. For sure they will extend closing time

right I was talking about the times that are already announced. For sure they will extend closing time
I am glad to hear it is unlikely to change now that it is announced. I have made my plans around those hours including doubling up on some nighttime entertainment (specifically Illuminations after HS stuff) which won't be possible if they are going off at the same time :)

The wording on the HUB for the area of the dessert party says: The event will be both outdoor and indoor, primarily in the courtyard in front of the attraction and also inside the main entrance foyer of the attraction.
Now everyone thinks that the main entrance to GMR is the one in the center where you go in now using your fp. The main entrance is on the right side where the standby enters.So I'm thinking they will drop all the chains on the right side use that plus this area inside
2014-04-06-16.37.18.jpg

Because they are still giving out fp for it then they will likely need to use their fp entrance plus standby through the same entrance
IMG_9368.JPG

We will obviously need to wait for the first night to see the actual set up

yes we do need to wait but the speculation is fun. I just remember when I was a teen and going the wait was so long, you spent time in that lobby area... there are ruby slippers I think? and it looks like scarlet ohara's dress shows up in one of your pics. IMO it's a bit like launch bay in atmosphere with the memorabilia stuff around. It's such a huge and elegant space, perfect for a dessert party! and completely underutilized now that it is no longer the main headliner at HS with the other stuff that's been added, and also the FP+ management of queues. I am trying to keep expectations in check but there is so much possibility for awesomeness here :)

yes we do need to wait but the speculation is fun. I just remember when I was a teen and going the wait was so long, you spent time in that lobby area... there are ruby slippers I think? and it looks like scarlet ohara's dress shows up in one of your pics. IMO it's a bit like launch bay in atmosphere with the memorabilia stuff around. It's such a huge and elegant space, perfect for a dessert party! and completely underutilized now that it is no longer the main headliner at HS with the other stuff that's been added, and also the FP+ management of queues. I am trying to keep expectations in check but there is so much possibility for awesomeness here :)
you're talking about this space
lobby-display-case-Great-Movie-Ride-Disneys-Hollywood-Studios-Walt-Disney-World.jpg

I don't think this will be used for the party, as you need this space to enter through the fp side. They have changed the exhibit so now they have other things, Star Trek stuff and I forget what the other movie exhibit is. They also have some screens giving you details on the movies.
Always fun to speculate, I agree

you're talking about this space
lobby-display-case-Great-Movie-Ride-Disneys-Hollywood-Studios-Walt-Disney-World.jpg

I don't think this will be used for the party, as you need this space to enter through the fp side. They have changed the exhibit so now they have other things, Star Trek stuff and I forget what the other movie exhibit is. They also have some screens giving you details on the movies.
Always fun to speculate, I agree
maybe. it has been SO long since I've been there for enough time to pay attention. Last time I did go on the ride but we FPed it and zipped through to the queue with the movie reel playing and didn't even stop in the outside room.

Either way it is a gorgeous, underutilized space and I am jazzed to be able to take part in an event there!

Not sure if it was there before but I think second Fantasmic! has been added to Thanksgiving week. From Nov. 20th through the 26 F! is at 7pm and 9:30pm
Positively not there before. I have my operational calendar print out for that week and there is only 1, at 7:30. So happens I was just changing the park hours on it. All but Epcot got extended, MK significantly. Good news/bad news I guess. Good news more hours/bad news they think it's going to be crowded enough to extend them to midnight the whole week

I actually didn't get online until about noon so I wasn't able to get the night I wanted so AGAIN I had to rearrange my plans. I know it's going to happen again if ROL becomes available. They wouldn't do a dessert party for that, would they, or just the dining package? Hopefully there'll be FP as I already booked Jiko and Narcoosee's for my DAK days. Also, there goes Jungle Skipper! :(

Last edited:
I actually didn't get online until about noon so I wasn't able to get the night I wanted so AGAIN I had to arrange my plans. I know it's going to happen again if ROL becomes available. They wouldn't do a dessert party for that, would they, or just the dining package? Hopefully there'll be FP as I already booked Jiko and Narcoosee's for my DAK days.

no, dining package only I'd guess. dessert parties are for big events where everyone has a shot to see it but gives you some premium viewing area, like fireworks. the dinner packages are for the seated shows where they can block out a section for dinner packages, like F!.

JBJB (I'm talking about the show, not the dessert party) is still on DW website but I can't click on it to see available dates. Is anyone else seeing this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter