Looks like you all had a fun day!
It was a fun day. The strategy of going on a party day worked out well.

What an awesome day! I love that you ended the day with Space Mountain and a little pixie dust with receiving the balloons. I can just picture how excited Gwen was giving her balloon to the other little girl. So sweet!
The kids loved that, we started and ended the same way. It was so fun giving the balloon away. I am thinking maybe next time we will buy a balloon justt to give it away.

And if you have been reading my other trip reports, we all meet up in our "secret spot" If you are new here, we discovered this spot a few trips back and it has become the best place to sit. If you are in the breezeway of the bathrooms between Frontierland and Adventureland. And walk into the sun glasses shop, thtere is a covered walkway towards where Alladin and Jasmine meet up. There are these 2 bench seating area. And the walls are nice and high and you forget there is a TON of people walking behind you. It's shaded and quiet. It's great!

OH wow! I'm totally going to look for this!

My glorious Orange Swirl!!!!! I love this so much! Andy and I split this and it was super refreshing.

So, I just hatched a plan. A very fattening one. I think my MK visit in two weeks calls for a Soft Serve Trifecta- a Dole Whip (Cake for me, please.), a Peter Pan Float, and the new to me Citrus Swirl. I keep hearing good things about it, and really should try it. I wonder if they have insulin at the parks for fools like me?

We even got a few shout outs at the end, as well.
I think those are so cute!

49325000161_7bfbf24a66_z.jpg

Pretty shot!

And that balloon was super annoying! I told Gwen to find something to give the balloon to. And Gwen took this VERY seriously. She wanted to find a little kid that "looked like they just wanted a balloon" She eventually found a family sitting on the curb outside of the stores. She gave it to a little girl with an older brother. And the little girl's face just lite up. Gwen was over the moon at giving a little Disney magic!

Awwww.... :goodvibes:

While we waited we got to see the flag cerimony. which was kind of cool to see.

I adore the Flag Ceremony. A lot. Makes me tear up when I see it.

OH wow! I'm totally going to look for this!
Here is a better shot of the bench seating. This is from the first time we discovered it.
Secret Location
You can see in the backround the Swiss Family Treehouse bridge, so it is just past the entrance to that Or maybe that is the exit.

So, I just hatched a plan. A very fattening one. I think my MK visit in two weeks calls for a Soft Serve Trifecta- a Dole Whip (Cake for me, please.), a Peter Pan Float, and the new to me Citrus Swirl. I keep hearing good things about it, and really should try it. I wonder if they have insulin at the parks for fools like me?
I have had all 3 and all 3 are good! I think it depends on what citrus you like the best. Gwen says the Peter Pan Float is her favorite. Can't wait to hear which one you like the best!

Catching up.....I got so far behind!

Yesterday was a long day and Morgan wasn’t rebounding very well. I had to sit down with Morgan (literally in the middle of the bus stop) and talk with her about her attitude. I had both girls sit down with me and rest and we looked at food options for lunch as I assumed they were hungry by now as well.
Oh yes, I think we have all been there as parents!
Pictures came out great dispite us all being starving! And I sighed a little relief that I knew we at least had one Christmas Card worthy picture!
Beautiful shot. :)
I also ordered a beverage! As I think I felt like I needed to make up for yesterday! I went with the Polite Punch - Light Rum, Whiskey, Passion Fruit, Lime and Bitters
I think you needed that after dealing with tween attitude!
I think I went with the rose frose. So good!
Looks delish!
So, the last thing I wanted to do before we were united with the L's was the Christmas Tree Trail. The L's had been to Disney one other trip. So this was there second trip and I really wanted to fit in as much as we could for them. And I knew that the tree trail was cool but not a MUST DO.
I loved the Christmas Tree Trail!
This one was my favorite. Haunted Mansion!
Mine too.
Somewhere around here they fired up the snope machine and I managed to snap this photo of Morgan.
Oh my gosh, that is just the sweetest picture!
Of course there was a line! But then I noticed that they were filling up CP. So, we ran over there, and hopped in for a show of that instead.
Love CoP!
They were by the Walt Statue, and we just kind of walked up. Morgan and Gwen almost didn't even see them! I pointed out, Who was that over there... And Gwen's face tells the whole story... She was beyond suprised. So was Morgan, I just didn't get a good photo of her.
Awesome pic!
Gwen was fine riding with me and had fun. I will say riding at night is so much better! When you go inside to see the mine, your eyes are already adjusted and I feel like the whole area just seems more brillant. Att least that is my oppion.
Riding at night is the best!
I was excited to ride Jingle Cruise! And loved all the holiday decorations in the que.
Jingle Cruise is so fun!
At this point it was time to check in to the dessert party. I think we were ready to sit down! We really got a lot done from about 7:50 to 9:30! Especially with how crowded it was that night. It def wasn't worth waiting in a line at this point.
You got a lot done in a short time!
Looks like a great first day/night in Disney for the L's. We've never done the dessert party and don't think we would. It's just so expensive for what you get (though I could probably eat $70 of cheeseburger egg rolls worth). Of course we've also never seen Happily Ever After from anywhere other than the roof of the California Grill. Now that is my idea of a dessert party :D
It is definitely on the pricy side. I had it booked for Jack and I last summer as he would have no patience waiting in a crowd for fireworks. Now we will see if fireworks/parties are back when (if) we go in August.
After our photo shoot, we did a little browsing on main street. And that balloon was super annoying! I told Gwen to find something to give the balloon to. And Gwen took this VERY seriously. She wanted to find a little kid that "looked like they just wanted a balloon" She eventually found a family sitting on the curb outside of the stores. She gave it to a little girl with an older brother. And the little girl's face just lite up. Gwen was over the moon at giving a little Disney magic!
And that is what Disney is all about!:goodvibes

Oh my gosh, that is just the sweetest picture!
I just love it. And it is crazy to think she was so crabby at the start of the day.

It is definitely on the pricy side. I had it booked for Jack and I last summer as he would have no patience waiting in a crowd for fireworks. Now we will see if fireworks/parties are back when (if) we go in August.
I would love if they came up with some sort of hybrid version. But more than likely it will be even more $$$ as they will have to have less people?

And that is what Disney is all about!:goodvibes
Right!?! I am hoping I can remember when we go back to just buy a balloon for the sole purpose of giving it to someone!

Here is a better shot of the bench seating. This is from the first time we discovered it.
Secret Location
You can see in the backround the Swiss Family Treehouse bridge, so it is just past the entrance to that Or maybe that is the exit.

I have had all 3 and all 3 are good! I think it depends on what citrus you like the best. Gwen says the Peter Pan Float is her favorite. Can't wait to hear which one you like the best!
Well right now the Peter Pan float is my favorite. So I think I’ll do that one the Dole whip upside down cake, And the citrus world for the first time.

The girls wanted to share there love of the candied bacon with the L's. So, we got in line for a sticks worth!

We tried this on our December 2019 trip on your suggestion and it did not disappoint.

So, we basically kind of made them go on the ride…

I've been guilty of this with Danielle. She's 21 now and still now a big fan even after doing the behind scenes tour.

The kids did enjoy the que!

On of the best!

Believe it or not, these are our scared faces... :confused3

:lmao:

That is a face of really not sure what to make of the ride.

He does look scared.

Man I love this ride.

Me too! It's my favorite themed ride in MK. I'm going to miss it.

I realized that the parade would be starting soon and there was plenty of places to sit. So we quickly changed our plans and decided to watch the parade instead!

Frontierland is our go to spot to catch the parades.

I love this picture. This is their personalities.

Super cute!

And if you have been reading my other trip reports, we all meet up in our "secret spot" If you are new here, we discovered this spot a few trips back and it has become the best place to sit. If you are in the breezeway of the bathrooms between Frontierland and Adventureland. And walk into the sun glasses shop, thtere is a covered walkway towards where Alladin and Jasmine meet up. There are these 2 bench seating area. And the walls are nice and high and you forget there is a TON of people walking behind you. It's shaded and quiet. It's great!

Something else we tried on Danielle's DCP drop off trip.

Little M was so excitied to finally get to sit with the kids.

Perfect ride for him to be a big kid.

And it resulted in hilarious photos.

Andy is such a hoot.

She eventually found a family sitting on the curb outside of the stores. She gave it to a little girl with an older brother. And the little girl's face just lite up. Gwen was over the moon at giving a little Disney magic!

So sweet of Gwen!

So, today was a Christmas Party day and the park was closing at 5 or 6. And I was hoping to take advantage of a less crowded day at Magic Kingdom. And I do think it was less crowded. In fact, I think it was less crowded than the party we went to later in the week! But more on that later.

We had the same plan on our trip too. We did MK on a party day and them left for dinner at Wilderness Lodge. We found the crowds much better on this day.

We tried this on our December 2019 trip on your suggestion and it did not disappoint.
YEAH!!! I am suprised it hasn't gotten more of a following.

I've been guilty of this with Danielle. She's 21 now and still now a big fan even after doing the behind scenes tour.
Ha! I felt more guilty about making Little M ride than Gwen.

Something else we tried on Danielle's DCP drop off trip.
Also amazing! I love it. Gwen is so proud of that spot.

Andy is such a hoot.
Disney brings out the best in him!

Sadly, I think the show is starting to be so dated that it made me a little nauseaus. I love it, but I think the video needs to be updated.

I felt the same way last time we saw it! It made me dizzy.

Morgan drove by herself and was pleased as could be that she was the only kids who could.

Aww she looks so grown up this trip!

As we were all leaving, someone gave Miss L 2 balloons!

How nice!

And Gwen took this VERY seriously. She wanted to find a little kid that "looked like they just wanted a balloon"

Aw so cute 🥰

Happy Saturday Everyone!

I wanted to swing over here and finish up our evening.

Day Three: Story Book Dining at Artist Point

I left us off waiting for a ferry boat. It was 5:40 and our dinner reservation was 6:10. I was slightly worried about timing as we got to the dock and there was a fairly long line. But at that point, it was what it was. But thankfully, a boat came and it was a large one, so we were able to get on. Andy and I had to stand but it was fine.

IMG_0057
It was a beautiful ride as the sun was setting.

We arrived at Wilderness Lodge at 5:56, so plenty of time!
IMG_1363
They even had the dock all decorated for the holidays.

IMG_1363
As we were walking in, I was just a little sad that we didn't stay here for the whole trip. It was the perfect Christmas hotel! And I do love this hotel! It was our favorite for a long time.

We checked in and they took my cell number. So, we went back out to thte lobby to check out the tree and gingerbread house.

IMG_0057
The tree here is amazing.

IMG_6206
They had this great bench to get a photo at.

IMG_6203
We were def exhausted by now! So, some of us just sat down. I think Andy and I went into the store, I wanted a new mug for this resort butt they didn't have any. ;(

IMG_6207
This fireplace is so beautiful.

IMG_6203
The gingerbread house for this resort is super cute.

IMG_6203
I am glad we were able to see it butt I don't know if it is worth a whole trip out to just see it. But then again the tree here is worth the visit!

At 6:15 we were called to be seated. As we walked in they had these statues.
IMG_1451

IMG_1451
And a wreath that I thought was beautiful enough to take a photo.

IMG_1378
We were walked to our tabel and it was just beautiful inside.

Now, I know some people weren't happy with the change but I was excitied to eat here now!

IMG_1383
Our table was near where the Evil Queen meet everyone, and it was kind of fun to watch her interact with all of the people.

IMG_6213
They give you a pre-signed apple but the hosts did say that the characters will sign books as well. So, that was nice.

IMG_6227
I think Andy went with this for his drink? I really think I got something different.
Enchanted Apple
Skyy Citrus Vodka, DeKuyper Pucker Sour Apple, and White Cranberry Juice
I am really not sure why Andy ordered this, that is not something he would normally get.

I am pretty sure I went with
The Antidote
Don Q Rum, Hickory Smoke Syrup, Lime Juice, Ginger Beer
But I have no photographic evidence. But I know, I didn't want to get the Enchanted apple as it wasn't a very big drink.

Morgan (and I think all of the kids) went with the same kids drink.
In the Clouds

POWERADE® Mountain Berry Blast, Blueberry, Cotton Candy
Untitled
It was def the novelty of cotton candy in your drink. But they all loved it. They gave each kid a cup with the cotton candy in it and then another small carafe with the powerade in it. And then you had to pour it over the cotton candy.

We quickly had some visitors come visit us!
IMG_1422
Dopey!!!

IMG_6226

IMG_0062
He was super fun. And all of the kids loved him.

Our waiter was great! He brought out enough of the adult appatizers for all of us (kids too) AND the kid version for the kids as well.

IMG_1396
Hunter’s Terrine
Chicken, Black Truffle, Stone Fruit Preserve, House-made Pickle
This was our least favorite of the appatizers. It was fine, but nothing amazing.

IMG_1396
Mushroom Bisque
Crispy Mushroom
These were AMAZING!!! Big L and Morgan tried the soup as well. Big L did not like it but Morgan loved it. I am pretty sure I had 2 little cauldrans worth. And I am not a big mushroom person.

I didn't get a good picture of the chilled shrimp.
Wicked Shrimp Cocktail
Soy, Miso, Avocado, Thai Chili, Greens
These were also really good! The soup was def the winner of the three. But the shrimp was good as well.

IMG_1396
This was the kids appatizer. And I know that the kids all loved making there own hoeny butter.
From the Garden
Fruit, Vegetables, Cheese, and create-your-own Honey Butter
I think they just had to shake the jar with the top on it.
(sorry for the hat in the backround, this is why I don't do actual dinning reviews)

Next came Grumpy, and he was my favorite of the night.
IMG_6224

IMG_6220
Not sure what was going on here, but Gwen thought it was funny.

IMG_1411

IMG_1414
I don't know what it is, but I love it when the characters sign things on there noses...

IMG_1417

Shortly after Grumpy, Snow White came by as well.
IMG_1401

IMG_1401

IMG_1401

IMG_1401
Snow White is just ok... She is just a kind of meh princess.

Soon, we moved over to dinner!

IMG_1438
Gwen went with the very fancy chicken nugget and fries. It was a massive amount of chicken!

Andy, myself and Morgan all ordered the same thing...
IMG_6228
Royal Prime Rib Roast
Horseradish-Mashed Potato, Carrots, Popover, Jus

This was good. I really liked the crust of the meat, it was very peppery. But of course Morgan didn't like that. But it was nice and red and we are ALL in the camp of the redder the better! I didn't really like the popover but the mashed potatoes were really good.

Miss L went with this
IMG_6228
Magic Mirror's Slow-braised Pork Shank
Celery Root Mashed, Wilted Greens, Jus
And she said it was amazing! Andy was slightly jealous because he had considered getting it as well.

IMG_0429
Desserts came soon after, and I have to say it was so fun having them come out the way they do.

IMG_1438
'Poison' Apple

Dark Chocolate-Apple Mousse, Sour Cente
I liked these better than most of the table, but I love sour things.

IMG_1438
Miner’s Treasures
Sponge Cake, Chocolate Gems, Berry Panna Cotta
This was my least favorite, but I think it was Gwen's favorite.

IMG_1438
Fairy Tale Gooseberry Pie
Meringue, Gooseberry
But these... these were the table favorite! They were sooo good. I don't know what gooseberries really are, but there should be more gooseberry pies! They were tart and the meringue on top was so good!

During dessert, were told that we could go up and meet the Evil Queen.
IMG_1391

IMG_6228
I unfortantly don't remember what we talked about with her.

IMG_6230

bdbb980c-f4b9-4d5f-9634-bae3ff0021cb
Evil Queen's face is perfect in this picture... But... Andy isn't looking

c4787d2b-285b-43f3-b942-4223eb65bf14
Pretty sure Gwen said something sassy. But. I don'tt remember what it was.

IMG_6230
But it was def something she thought was hilarious.

Miss L wanted to meet with the Queen by herself, so she asked the waiter if she could go back up, which of course, was no problem.

IMG_1451

8f7e3779-68e9-4924-9910-e93ebbaa7430

At this point it was about 7:30 and we were tired!!! Butt they came out with the Hunter's Gift. Which is such a cute last thing. We were so full!

IMG_1446 by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr
The Hunter’s Gift to the Queen
Crackled Maple Popcorn, Ganache Heart

We paid and headed out! We decided to take ubers back from here. It was def going to be the fastest.

IMG_1455
The kids took a photo op with we waited for our ubers.

IMG_1455

IMG_1465

We were back at the hotel around 8. The kids wanted to swim. It was fairly chilly but it was only to get colder as the rest of the week went on. So the adults agreed to let them swim. Miss L stayed back in the room and showered and went to bed! I think I broke her. Ha!
IMG_1468

IMG_1473
The adults mostly just watched from the pool deck! It was cold, they were crazy!

We drug the kids out of the pool a little after 9, as we all needed to go to bed!

IMG_0062
Good Night Everyone!!!

It was a great day! But we all needed some rest!!!

Up next EPCOT!

I loved your last update! We were lucky enough to experience an evening at Artist Point last February with family and my parents... it was awesome! The food, the characters, the atmosphere... we all loved it!
Looks like you had the same feeling about it!
I know lots of people liked the original Artist point better but I have never been, and to me, this character meal was just a true magical Disney experience... I hope it comes back at some point!

I know lots of people liked the original Artist point better but I have never been, and to me, this character meal was just a true magical Disney experience... I hope it comes back at some point!
I hope that it is a model for new character meals. This and the Rapunzel meal over at the Boardwalk. Crappy buffet food can go bye bye. But I love how the whole meal is themed.

We really loved this meal, too! Of course, Dopey is my absolute favorite, so I would definitely do this meal again if it comes back :) Any excuse to see my favorite dwarf!

Nice that the kids were able to get a little pool time in. I love a night swim, but with the shorter pool hours on our last couple trips, we just haven't been able to make it work.

I love WL. We stayed there once and loved it! We were supposed to be there next week, our first trip staying at Fort Wilderness, but postponed due to Covid :(

Caught up! Some things I wanted to respond to from way back: That pirates photo spot is so useless! I love that y'all at least knew where it was and tried to look in the direction of the camera. And on Wishes vs. HEA, I'm still pretty strongly Team Wishes, but HEA is winning me over. Whenever "You'll Be in My Heart" plays Alex hugs close to me and tears up a bit and it pretty much ends me lol. Wishes didn't have that. But Wishes was a sure thing for making Cora tear up as well. This is really out of character for her, so speaks to just how big of an impact that show had on us.

Your photos of Festival of Fantasy have me wanting to take the time to see that one again! Since we typically go in the summer we've skipped it the past couple of times, as it's just so hot to sit and wait for it. However, our next trip should be in a little better weather, so we'll probably put it back on the schedule.

Your secret spot looks amazing and I'm so stealing that location as a future cooldown spot.

And your Artist Point pictures are so good! We loved that meal - the cotton candy drink alone sold the kids on it and has them begging to go back. I also ate a couple of cauldrons of the mushroom soup. So good. I'm trying to decide if this meal is worth it again in the future. We were on the dining plan when we went before, but probably won't be next time, so don't know if I'd want to pay OOP for it.

Looking forward to more!

Your post is giving me all the Wilderness Lodge and Christmas feels. I told Jason come hell or high water we are doing both in December.

As you know we aren't much into character meals but Storybook Dining really does look like something we'd enjoy. I'm still sad Artist Point isn't what it was but its good to see Disney upping the food game when it comes to a character meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter