Jiko....

Mmm, what did you have?! It's been one of our favorites for years. One of the very best.

They used to have this amazing Kenyan coffee rubbed short ribs which was TDF. They rotate what they do with the short rib, but nothing has beat the Kenyan coffee one. I do love me some short ribs.

So glad to hear that. Yes, I'd love to hear any specific recommendations for food. We have an ADR for October for the first time in 10 years. I must admit that I don't even remember what I had.

For an appetizer I love the Taste of Africa. I agree with @GoGoBeans that the ribs are amazing, but I absolutely love the Mrouzia Lamb. Their cheesecake is also worth having a bite of no matter how full you are

For appetizers I like:
Grilled Wild Boar Tenderloin
Taste of Africa

I also love the Maize-crusted fish for an entree, they swap the type of fish occasionally, and I have liked every one I have tried.

For appetizers I like:
Grilled Wild Boar Tenderloin
Taste of Africa

I also love the Maize-crusted fish for an entree, they swap the type of fish occasionally, and I have liked every one I have tried.

Thanks! I had my eye on that Maize-crusted fish since I like fish. I think the Taste of Africa is what they offer in the tour of Boma/Jiko. If so, I know it's good.

Jiko is also one of our top 2 or 3 places at WDW. The Tibs (that's not an autocorrect failure for ribs) are an excellent appetizer as well. The last time we were there, I had the Sea Bass. It was wonderful. DW had the short ribs, and as usual, they were amazing. Service is top-notch and the wine list is superb.

Steve

My fiancé and I are hopefully going to try Jiko for the first time on our honeymoon in April... I'm so excited! He loved Tiffins on our last trip so I'm hoping he will love Jiko even more!

How much time would you allocate for a dinner at Jiko? I have a 5:40 ADR and ROL is at 7:15pm...would I make it?

Last edited:
How much time would you allocate for a dinner at Jiko? I have a 5:40 ADR and ROL is at 7:15pm...would I make it?
NO!!!

I have yet to eat at Jiko, but it's scheduled for this November. Eating at a fine dining venue should take AT LEAST 60 minutes, minimum, to fully enjoy the experience, and probably more along the lines of 90 minutes. Then you have to bus to AK, get through security, walk over to the ROL theatre and wait in line to be seated. If it were me i would be leaving AKL @ 5:40 to head to the park! Taking Uber over would only give you an extra 10 minutes.

NO!!!

I have yet to eat at Jiko, but it's scheduled for this November. Eating at a fine dining venue should take AT LEAST 60 minutes, minimum, to fully enjoy the experience, and probably more along the lines of 90 minutes. Then you have to bus to AK, get through security, walk over to the ROL theatre and wait in line to be seated. If it were me i would be leaving AKL @ 5:40 to head to the park! Taking Uber over would only give you an extra 10 minutes.

Thanks, that's kinda what I thought. Hopefully ROL will be shown twice over the Christmas-NYE week!

NO!!!

Have to agree with all the above.

It depends on how busy it is, how quickly you are seated, and how quickly you eat. Our last time, they were packed and ADR were running 30 minutes behind. We also tend to be ones who enjoy the meal and stretch it out. We were seated for 1 1/2 to 2 hours for the meal. Others came and went faster.
Even if you got in at 5:40 and left by 6:40, unless you drive or take a taxi, getting to the park and back to ROL by 7:15 would be difficult.

The only restaurant on property we like more than Jiko is Victoria & Albert's (although Tiffin's comes close). I absolutely love the wild boar tenderloin appetizer. The last two times we've been I just ordered 3 appetizers and shared one with DH. I like them even better than the entrees and it's so hard to choose between them. If you have time, try the wine and cheese tasting there. It's on Wednesday afternoons. All of the cheeses are American but the wines are all South African. I definitely want to do it again.

I got the wild boar tenderloin appetizer! Heard such good things so my boyfriend and I each got our own and thank goodness we did! Best thing I've ever eaten in my entire life! He got the halibut entree and it was unbelievable and I got the filet and it was perfect ! The MAC and cheese was to die for! I would fly from cape may nj to Orlando for one night just to eat this meal again

I got the wild boar tenderloin appetizer! Heard such good things so my boyfriend and I each got our own and thank goodness we did! Best thing I've ever eaten in my entire life! He got the halibut entree and it was unbelievable and I got the filet and it was perfect ! The MAC and cheese was to die for! I would fly from cape may nj to Orlando for one night just to eat this meal again

Haven't tried that appetizer, but sounds like I need to next month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter