Jiko or Boma?

flipflop

Mommy is changing her name
DH and I will be heading down to WDW sans kids for a few days as part of a larger trip. We would like to check out a new place to eat and AKL, since we haven't been there before. Which would you choose and why?

They are two different restaurants. Boma is quicker, Jiko is a more fancy sit-down restaurant. Depends on what you like though.

We had the best meal we've ever had at WDW at Jiko. It was expensive, but worth it. We were not as impressed with Boma, but of course, we went during the height of its popularity and maybe were expecting too much, but we didn't think it was as good as everyone else seemed to think. It certainly wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. Jiko was great.

Haven't tried Jiko yet. However, Boma is my favorite buffet-style restaurant on property. I highly recommend it. The cuisine is a bit unusual, but if you are willing to be a bit adventurous, you will be highly rewarded. I have heard wonderful things about Jiko, as well. I agree with simon that it is up to your taste in restaurants. Jiko no doubt caters more to the sophistocated palate (and wallet, which is why I unfortunately haven't gotten over there yet). If you prefer the gourmet experience (with tons of different great wines to choose from), then try Jiko. If you'd rather go somewhere where you can try a little of each of a lot of great foods, then go with Boma.

We have eaten at both many times and both are fantastic. Just depends on the type of experience you are looking for.

Boma..buffet..plan a good hour or so to get through everything. You are not rushed here. You can get a nice african wine or beer with your meal.

Jiko..sit-down. Plan a good 2 1/2 3 hours for your meal, start to finish. Definately no rushing here, time between courses to relax. Wonderful wine list.

Thanks for all of your feedback!!!

I am going to go with Jiko since DH and I don't get a lot of quiet time together and that is the purpose of our trip. Sounds like Jiko will be better suited for our purposes but based on your review of Boma, we will try that next time when we go as a family!

Boma's my favorite restaurant in Disney!

I've eaten there on Disney vacations and on business trips to Orlando! Once when I was visiting for business, one of the chefs (TJ! What a great guy!!) recognized that I was there *a lot* and made me a special skewered shrimp dish that was as lovely as it was tasty (as much art as food ... like a lot of the special stuff that comes out of Jiko) ... something I'll never forget (and, I've got pictures of it, too!)....

I am going to go with Jiko since DH and I don't get a lot of quiet time together and that is the purpose of our trip. Sounds like Jiko will be better suited for our purposes but based on your review of Boma, we will try that next time when we go as a family!

Enjoy! We love Jiko, but didn't go for Boma - because it was too loud, for one thing! Ask for a table next to the windows; the spring that feeds the pool flows by! This is a beautiful restaurant.

We plan to return for dinner this August.

ENJOY! Jiko is our favorite restuarant in WDW. We still haven't tried BOMA because everytime we go to the AKL we have to eat at JIKO. The only way we'll try BOMA is if we stay at AKL which we finally plan to do next trip.

But I'm glad to hear you picked JIKO because it really is a nice place to go especially for a grown up meal. I actually go with my 8 yr old dd all of the time, someday DH & I will go there for our own romantic dinner...but til then, we still totally enjoy it.

Try the flatbreads. The cucumber, onion and tomato salad is awesome and the filet...well, there's just nothing else like it!!:love:

You will love Jiko !!! Their cuisine is very unique and absolutely delicious, plus, they have a vast selection of african wines. After dinner, go for a relaxing and romantic walk to one of the viewing areas by the pool or the main lobby.

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!