Jiko and Sanaa in the same trip?

Jiko or Citricos?

• Jiko

• Citricos

Results are only viewable after voting.

autumnpalm

DIS Veteran
Finalizing ADRs and struggling with what to book for our last dinner.

The choice is between Jiko and Citricos.

Pertinent information:
  • We are staying at the Grand Floridian
  • We have a lunch booked a Sanaa earlier in the week
  • We have eaten at Jiko (and loved it) but have never eaten at Citricos
  • The other signatures we will be eating at are Artist Point, Yachtsman and Flying Fish
  • We are paying OOP
  • And we are not dessert eaters

So which would you go with? Jiko or Citricos?

Jiko! The food is outstanding and the servers are so warm and friendly. It's very different from Saana so I don't think you would have overlap.

I've eaten at Citrico's at least twice and can never remember anything about it. Not memorable in my brain usually just means average - nothing great but nothing horribly wrong either.

I have done both Citricos and Jiko many times. Overall, I give the edge to Citricos. Add on that you are already at GF, there's no question that I would choose Citricos.

I would also go with Sanaa and Citricos. This way you can experience some new restaurants without feeling like you're going to the same place twice although I believe Jiko and Sanaa are very different. Sanaa has gotten a lot of great reviews. WE will be checking it out this weekend. We've been to both Citricos and Jiko and like them both but they are very different from each other. If you have a fav dish at Jiko and they still have it and you're craving it, that's different. They keep eliminating all my favs so we haven't gone back in a while.

3 of my favourite places to eat! As previously stated, Jiko and Sanaa are so different that I would never have a problem dining at both on the same trip. But Citricos is definitely one of our favourite signatures, and I would give it the edge over Jiko. Especially if you've never tried it before and since you're staying at the GF.

Thank you for the input! I think we will go with Citricos as it will be something new and different and we can just roll ourselves over to our room after.:laughing: Plus we can spend the taxi $$ on trying an extra appetizer!

we ate at jikos in december and the food and service were awesome. my wife at at sanaa on the same trip and she loved both.

I know the decision has been made, but in case someone else might be interested...

My wife, adult DD and I had our first dinner at Jiko on our most recent trip. I'm a foodie, but DW and DD are not especially intereted in anything that isn't a slab of beef (think filet or prime rib) and mashed potatoes.

We were seated and presented with the menus. DW says something to the effect of "I agreed to eat here?????" We all LOVED Jiko:cool1: In fact, it is pretty much a given that Jiko is to be added to our regular "rotation" of favorite WDW dining spots.

Service was good, the atmosphere pleasant, and the food delicious. I'd tell you what we ordered, but I don't remember! I was just relieved that a place I suggested was met favorably by DW and DD. :earsboy:

we like Citricos just a bit more the Jiko. Don't get me wrong Jiko is really good too but we really like Citricos.

We did both Jiko and Citricos on our Oct trip and hubby and I both said that Citricos was our favorite dinner of the entire trip. We just really enjoyed everything about Citricos from the food to the atmosphere to the service.

I'd do Citricos just because you've never eaten there before and are so close!

We ate at Jiko and Saana last trip. The menus are very different so I don't think it would be redundant to eat at both on one trip. We were staying AKL so it was convenient to eat at both places. Since you are staying at GF I would switch yo Citricos. We actually liked Citricos better than Jiko. The grouper was amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter