Jiffyshirts ALERT - See update post #18-Extra Fee is being added to orders!

Twende

Best laid plans of Mouse and men.....
I ordered shirts from Jiffy shirts a few days ago. They came quickly and correctly but my bank account now has an "International" charge on it.
It is a small fee but it was enough to alert my bank that something fishy is going on with my account.

They are very worried that some kind of fraud may now occur to my Visa account/checking account linked to it!

Has any one ever had this happen to them, and if so what did you do about it?:confused3

The bank gave me the phone number of 416-628-1446 to call for questions on the transaction and this number is Googled for out of the US. I think it is in Canada?

Is my account in trouble or is this the normal way JiffyShirts works?:scared1:

I have sent an email to the "Contact Us" information from their website. I hope they can explain this to me.

I ordered shirts from Jiffy shirts a few days ago. They came quickly and correctly but my bank account now has an "International" charge on it.
It is a small fee but it was enough to alert my bank that something fishy is going on with my account.

They are very worried that some kind of fraud may now occur to my Visa account/checking account linked to it!

Has any one ever had this happen to them, and if so what did you do about it?:confused3

The bank gave me the phone number of 416-628-1446 to call for questions on the transaction and this number is Googled for out of the US. I think it is in Canada?

Is my account in trouble or is this the normal way JiffyShirts works?:scared1:

I have sent an email to the "Contact Us" information from their website. I hope they can explain this to me.

This never happened to me - but it has been about a year since I ordered from them.

Amy, I am so freaked out right now.

Our bank is really upset and is warning me that I may have to make police reports in order to recoup any money that may be taken from my account.

Right now there is just a very small charge for this International fee but they are afraid that there may be more charges to follow!

They are telling me to watch my account like a hawk right now.

Even the small fee is fraud as far as I am concerned.

I had only used this account over the net for two things. One was our transfers and the other was the shirts. I am happy to say that it was not your transaction!:goodvibes

I hope I get a letter very quickly explaining this to me and that they admit they are out of the country and that is why there is an extra fee!

we have purchased from Jiffy a couple of times in the last month, no problems at all. Have you contacted Jiffy to see what they have to say. I think that is what I would do for sure!! Good Luck!

I just went back to their site to try to find you a phone number for you and there isn't one!! I don't like that. I always feel that if they don't give you phone access to them they might have something to hide!! Hope you get this worked out!

I have emailed them since they do not list a phone number.

I have the number that went with the bank transaction that charged my account an International Fee but my phone service does not include calls made to outside of the US.

I am hoping I hear something from the company by tomorrow. This is a real pain in the butt!:mad:

Twende,

I wanted to share with you what we just found out. After you post I called my niece who had actually ordered our items, the last order was over $200!! She used a regular visa card, not a debit visa and you were right indeed she did have a foreign currency charge that we had not noticed. She spoke directly with the VISA cs rep and they told her that the t-shirts came from a foreign vendor and that charge was from the credit card company NOT Jiffy Shirts. Apparently the people handling the accounting for Jiffy are overseas and the charge originates as a foreign charge, therefore the a currency change charge is imposed by the credit card people. He told her everything was fine. It's still irritating as they should tell you that on the Jiffy site somewhere but at least it should make you feel a bit more secure that it's not fraud. HTH
Diane

Diane! Thank you! Thank You! Thank YOU!
:grouphug:

That makes me feel so much better!

But how irritating is that? I think that is very wrong of Jiffyshirts to do this and not tell you up front!

I guess I should post a waring about Jiffyshirts!

Twende,

I wanted to share with you what we just found out. After you post I called my niece who had actually ordered our items, the last order was over $200!! She used a regular visa card, not a debit visa and you were right indeed she did have a foreign currency charge that we had not noticed. She spoke directly with the VISA cs rep and they told her that the t-shirts came from a foreign vendor and that charge was from the credit card company NOT Jiffy Shirts. Apparently the people handling the accounting for Jiffy are overseas and the charge originates as a foreign charge, therefore the a currency change charge is imposed by the credit card people. He told her everything was fine. It's still irritating as they should tell you that on the Jiffy site somewhere but at least it should make you feel a bit more secure that it's not fraud. HTH
Diane

Yikes! :scared1: I was just getting ready to place a small order with Jiffy Shirts. I guess I'll hold off on that.

Can anyone suggest another company to order shirts from? I've found some great Fruit of the Loom tee's at Wal-Mart but I'd like some other colors that they don't offer.

Yikes! :scared1: I was just getting ready to place a small order with Jiffy Shirts. I guess I'll hold off on that.

Can anyone suggest another company to order shirts from? I've found some great Fruit of the Loom tee's at Wal-Mart but I'd like some other colors that they don't offer.

Wanted to let you know that I placed two orders with Jiffy Shirts in the past two weeks. I was able to use PayPal for both payments. I have not seen any international charges come up on my account. Not sure what the difference is between direct payment and using PayPal, but it might be something to look into.

:wizard: Crystal

Oh, I better check on this,as I had a 34cent fee on mine, I questioned it, and I did get an explanation...but now I am concerned...I will have to call them..

It seems that more and more people are coming forward with the fact that they had a small additional charge on their transaction.

To me it is not the size of the fee, as it is small, it is the fact that there is no notice of this fee and in reality I have no idea who put the charge on and where the money went.

I hope that they answer my email tomorrow as I would really like to have this explained by the company.

It seems that more and more people are coming forward with the fact that they had a small additional charge on their transaction.

To me it is not the size of the fee, as it is small, it is the fact that there is no notice of this fee and in reality I have no idea who put the charge on and where the money went.

I hope that they answer my email tomorrow as I would really like to have this explained by the company.

Any time you have a foreign transaction on a credit card (at least in the last 2 or 3 years, since the banks realized they can get away with it), you'll see a foreign transaction fee of 1 or 2 %. It's obnoxious, but normal. Should Jiffyshirts mention on their site that they deal with a Canadian supplier? Probably. However, blaming them for a charge from your bank seems unfair.

Paypal has their own charges (mostly to the vendor, not the customer), so they don't ding you with the foreign transaction fee.

I specifically got a Capital One VISA for when we travel to Great Britain. They do NOT charge a fee for currency exchange.

I did not get a response from Jiffyshirts today. I was hoping they would reply to my email.

My bank seemed uncertain as to where these charges went.

My shipping label says Bolingbrook, IL 60490. That is in the United States and I am in the United States so why is there a International Fee? This was not a foreign transaction.

I ordered from them last month and NO fee. I used a regular visa logo credit card.

Like I told you in the other thread I think something fishy is going on.

I have still not heard back from the company. I hope they answer my email on Monday.

I received this email explaining the extra fee.

"Thank you for contacting us Kimberly

This is the first e mail we have received under this e mail address as we do respond right away as you can see.
Some Banks when using our "back up processor" will initiate this fee.
We of course stand by our final pricing and if you would e mail me with the amount of your Banks fee we will refund it immediately to your credit card.
Our tech team members are currently working on this and will have it corrected shortly.

Thank you for your e mail
Reg
"

I was just happy to know for sure that the fee came from my transaction with their company and not some fraud or breach of my account.

***Update: I told them that it was not necessary to refund my fee as it was very minimal but by the time I checked my other emails there was another email from them refunding the fee to my credit card.
Good business practice I would say.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter