Jet blue question - if fares go down after booking ...

bande

Mouseketeer
what is Jet Blue's policy? Do they issue a credit for the reduction like Southwest? I have never flown either airline and I am trying to compare them for our Feb.2012 trip. Thanks.

Yes, they issue a credit. You have to call them though and let them know that you know your fare is lower. They won't do it automatically. We have to use the credit that we got from Jetblue to book a flight within the year from when the credit was issued. When all was said and done with ups and downs of our fare before the trip, we ended up getting $210.00 in credit that we need to use to book a flight before it expires! Jet Blue customer service is the best!!! Hope that helps!

The credit goes into a True Blue account. They will open one up for you when you call for the credit. You have one year to spend it.

I was hoping that was the case but I couldn't find it on their web site. I am sure it is in there somewhere, but you experienced flyers seem to have all the info! Thanks again.

We too booked Jet Blue after only using SW for MCO. This will be our first time with them next month. The only major difference I can see is if you have to chance your flights for any reason JB will charge you a cancellation charge of 100 bucks a ticket. With SWA you can do it no problems.

I was originally thinking we may be able to switch our flight to an earlier one if my son doesn't have an exam that day. With Jet Blue the cost wouldn't be worth it for 4 or us but with SWA I could do it (assuming there would even be any seats left by then - my son doesn't get his schedule very far in advance). Thanks for the clarification. It gets confusing to compare airlines when you haven't flown before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter