Jersey week

disneyfan6301

Donald Duck--he's not bad, just misunderstood
Hey guys! When exactly is Jersey week 2006? We are thinking about going in November because we have a so called "Fall" break then (don't ask). I always check school calendars in Florida because we were there one year when Florida had a state holiday, and it was horrible!!!! I have heard that Jersey week is usually pretty crowded, but I have no idea when it is. Thanks for your help!

From the mousesaver website:

"Jersey Week" - Usually the first or second week of November. The New Jersey schools have a teachers' convention (upcoming convention dates: November 9-11, 2006; November 8-10, 2007; November 6-8, 2008). Lots of people pull their kids out of school for the whole week and add on the weekend before and/or after, taking this opportunity to go to Disney World in the "off season." New Jersey is the single biggest market for Walt Disney World -- you do the math!

I am planning on going November 4-11, will I be in trouble with the crowds then? I can handle a few days, but not the whole week!

Exactly what I was thinking. We were looking at Nov. 3-7, and now I am worried about the crowds. May have to rethink when we go!!!

I went last year during "Jersey Week", and I'm planning on going again this year (Nov5-10th). I didn't think the crowds were too bad. The longest wait we had for any given attraction was 20-30 mins. with the exception of Soarin'. The Food and Wine Festival, will draw the largest crowds, but the other parks shouldn't be unbearable.

We're getting married on the 11th and will be down there a few days before. We were really happy to find out that it was Jersey week...what a fun coincidence!

We've been going to WDW for several years now during JERSEY WEEK. The crowds aren't that bad at all. Enjoy your vacation!

I've done Jersey Week each of the last 2 years. I have found that the crowds aren't bad at the beginning of Jersey Week (the first Saturday to about Wednesday), but that there was a noticeable difference in crowd levels from Thursday to the second Saturday.

I was down for Jersey week a few years ago. As far as I remember the crowds weren't too bad. And I'll be down there again this year! 11/6-11/10 :cool1:

At least NJ has a week named after it. That's great.

I think the best way for me to explain is that Jersey Week is one of the busier weeks during the non-busy season, but it is still the non-busy season.

Plus you get the added benefit of spending a week with the folks from the Great State of New Jersey :cool1:

We went during Jersey Week in 2005. We didn't find it anymore crowded than any other time we had been. We loved it. It was cold in Jersey and warm in Florida:thumbsup2

MJMcBride said:
Ummm....huh?

I guess you don't consider spending the week with you a benefit? :confused3

If not, speak for yourself, the rest of us from NJ are a pleasure! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter