Jersey Week booking?

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
Basically the week of the NJEA Convention when many NJ Public schools have off. I will be interested in a dedicated 2 bedroom at BCV, probably from the Wednesday November 7-11, 2018. Should I be concerned that my sister only wants to start on Wednesday? Can I lose out at 11 months?

It worked out for them a few years ago, but then they wanted AKV ( Kidani) Savannah View and there's more of those.

Thanks,
Bobbi

You'll be fine. I wouldn't drag my feet on the booking, but if you book at 11 you should get what you want.

Ok, good. At 11 months, I could also get them BWV, so they will have an Epcot resorrt.

It's easy to drop the first few days of a reservation. If you're worried, just book starting the Friday or Saturday before and adjust later.

I feel your pain. Those are my booking dates too. Not by choice. We are rebooking our cruise tomorrow after being canceled last week. Seems the date we chose is between marathon weekend and Veterans Day. Glad I have several homes to book at 11 months and I'm still nervous about getting rooms for before and after the cruise.

I feel your pain. Those are my booking dates too. Not by choice. We are rebooking our cruise tomorrow after being canceled last week. Seems the date we chose is between marathon weekend and Veterans Day. Glad I have several homes to book at 11 months and I'm still nervous about getting rooms for before and after the cruise.
Sorry that you have to wait so long to book another cruise. I hope we both get what we need!

Sorry that you have to wait so long to book another cruise. I hope we both get what we need!

It's all good. We actually booked a last minute booking for the western Caribbean for oct 28th, but can't use the 25% discount on it, but it was a great price. We will be using the 25% discount on the 2018 cruise. It's just been a bear trying to get rooms at dvc for the end of October and marathon weekend. We've managed a few options, but I was already there, so added the cruise to the end of our trip. It's been a crazy week trying to sort it all out.

It's all good. We actually booked a last minute booking for the western Caribbean for oct 28th, but can't use the 25% discount on it, but it was a great price. We will be using the 25% discount on the 2018 cruise. It's just been a bear trying to get rooms at dvc for the end of October and marathon weekend. We've managed a few options, but I was already there, so added the cruise to the end of our trip. It's been a crazy week trying to sort it all out.

Great!

I am recovering from a foot surgery that's keeping me sitting, trying to not putting weight on my left foot for 6 total weeks. We had to cancel 2 fall cruises.

I would say, of course, that even booking early and dropping days, BWV Standard is an 8AM, 11 month booking most of fall... but you knew that already. (But someone reading this who doesn't know? Yeah.)

I also think you'll be fine for the BCV 2 BR right at 11 months even with a Wed check in. Studios still go first. :) As mentioned you could "walk" the reservation but I doubt that's necessary.

That week has become soo crazy...It was way easier back in 2010, & 11 for sure...Now they've added the marathons & Veterans Day coincides too sometimes, so I've noticed a lot of slim pickins-->:confused3 Good Luck

My fixed week for Poly Lake View is this week.

I debated this week (#44) or week #49 (1st week of Dec) for awhile.

1st week of Dec is more popular right now. But. Over the next 50 years, I felt week #44 would become more popular as time goes on.

1. MNSSHP some years.

2. MVMCP some years.

3. Rarely, both.

4. Great weather (mostly - I've seen 30 degree weather changes during this week).

5. Christmas theming.

6. F&W festival.

F&W, Halloween and Christmas are our favorite times at WDW. This week combines them all.

We booked a dedicated 2 bedroom at BCV around Veterans Day for last year (2016) at about 9 months out. The Thursday and Friday night (Veterans day) were gone already but we were able to get sat-thurs after Veterans Day. At 11 months I think it will be fine.

Is there a way to easily find out when events like this occur? I am only recently hearing about Jersey Week, Pop Warner week, marathon weekends, etc. I'd like to be better about keeping track of these events for future planning.

Great!

I am recovering from a foot surgery that's keeping me sitting, trying to not putting weight on my left foot for 6 total weeks. We had to cancel 2 fall cruises.
Sorry. Hope your foot is healing well. Maybe book the 2019 WBPC with us!!

Is there a way to easily find out when events like this occur? I am only recently hearing about Jersey Week, Pop Warner week, marathon weekends, etc. I'd like to be better about keeping track of these events for future planning.
Not really. Many of these aren't official.

Jersey Week is not official.

You can look at calendars on sites like **************.net and Touring Plans or similar and they usually have some indication of this stuff. The WWOS website has a calendar but doesn't necessarily reveal how big some of these events are. (Some are bigger than others.) runDisney's site is a good indicator of race weekends.

Sorry. Hope your foot is healing well. Maybe book the 2019 WBPC with us!!

I was given Oct 23 as the date my pins will be taken out, then at least another month to recover. It was a total foot reconstruction, and so far, so good!

We booked a partial transit of PC on Princess CL for January. I just did not want to wait any longer to experience the new Canal. We actually have done this Princess cruise before, just to get out of the NE's cold winters. The ne this January leaves on my birthday, and at the end of January, I expect to have the other foot done.

How about a WBTA? We think 2019 will be the year we'll do that on DCL. We have done and enjoyed 2 EBTA on DCL. We want to experience the "adding an hour to days" on the voyage!

Not really. Many of these aren't official.

Jersey Week is not official.

You can look at calendars on sites like **************.net and Touring Plans or similar and they usually have some indication of this stuff. The WWOS website has a calendar but doesn't necessarily reveal how big some of these events are. (Some are bigger than others.) runDisney's site is a good indicator of race weekends.

Thanks!

If you go to NJEA's website, you can find the dates of the NJ Teachers Convention. That's in Atlantic City, and many NJ public schools have off so teachers can attend. Some schools also have Election Day off. So with many schools closed Tuesday, Thursday and Friday of that week in November, it is not surprising that it's called Jersey Week. It has been that way for many years. I was a NJ public school teacher for awhile and went a time or two myself.:teacher:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter