Jersey Girl Heading West Updated 7/26 Final Day and Final Thoughts

How exciting, your first earthquake! :laughing: We had a very similar evening that day. All tuckered out watching Survivor with the States specialty weather/disaster occurring outside. So you get Survivor and an earthquake on the West Coast and we got Survivor and a huge electrical storm that went on for hours on the East Coast.

:headache: to the tea woman.

I've not been to DCA ever, so I do really need to get back to CA. ;)

And more In -n- Out? SO jealous!

DANG, I am really of them out here:blush:
:rotfl: Just remember, we've ALL been "them" at one time! :hug:

Overall ToT is much superior at WDW, however there is one effect here with a Mirror that WDW doesn't have that I did like.
The TOT junkie here needs some more details -how was the drop sequence? Are the waiting areas the same?

ry%3D400
Oh wow - T's always said the castle is much smaller in DLR, but I never imagined it was that small! :eek:

Next up: I'm just wandering...
I enjoy wandering!

I bet you would have liked to dump that tea on a certain head!!! :rotfl2:

It sounds like you had a great day after that rough start.

I just went to In N Out Burger for the first time this week. I even posted about it on my facebook. I really didn't care for it.:lmao: It sparked a whole discussion of my friends commenting back and forth. :goodvibes Some people seem to really like it. Others are like me and think it's about the same as all other fast food burgers.:confused3

Ok, so I have been ignoring this for too long. But I'm back with a nice long update:thumbsup2

After lunch I decided to take a bit of a nap, a much needed nap. Afterwards I decided I really just felt like wandering around, so that’s what I did. I explored the DL hotel a bit,
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Then headed over to the new DVC models. WOW!!! Just gorgeous, hmmm, how much is another 100 points…. No, just walk away and don’t look back. But yes DVC did a great job!

From there I headed into DTD and just wandered through the shops. Now this is not like WDW DTD, the shops here don’t have the Disney theme, there is Sephora, a bookstore, jewelry. Now there is a WoD store, but I like the WDW better. I did get my goddaughter some jewelry for her birthday that was in June (yes she loved it).

From there I wandered into the GC hotel and just checked it out. Found myself at the entrance to DCA that is in GC. I just decided to people watch. At one point I found myself just watching the riders on Grizzly River Run. Now I have never ridden this one, not usually one for getting soaking wet. And today I was wearing a white shirt, so definitely not riding today. But… maybe tomorrow I could head here near closing. Let’s think about that some more tomorrow.

It was near closing time and I was getting hungry. Nothing in DCA was interesting me so I headed over to DL and ended up with ice cream for dinner. I also still had to get something for work and others. Everyone always seems to like the candy I bring back from WDW, I know this because it is gone in less than a day. I didn’t see any boxed candy that was thrilling me, so I ended buying a few bags of various types. It was well received as it disappeared very quickly.

Now I was exhausted and my foot was bothering me. OH no, not that foot:headache:, the one I didn’t have surgery on. I decided to call it the night and take it easy.

Tuesday morning was another Magic Morning at DL. I woke up and headed to the turnstiles in time for opening at 8 am. I headed over to Matterhorn, both sides and Mr. Toad. From there I rode Space a few times with no wait, it was great. Just a personal note, I’m very disappointed from what I am hearing about WDW’s rehab and that it will not be like DL’s. BUMMER! :mad:I spent the rest of the morning, wandering and just soaking up everything. I did ride Splash and while WDW’s is better I do like the seating as it is bench style so the water doesn’t pool where you sit, meaning you don’t immediately get a wet butt when sitting down. :thumbsup2

I did get stuck 2x on the ride shortly before the drop, not sure why but I was stopped several minutes both times.

I also needed the ladies room at this time and here is where not being as familiar as WDW I ran into trouble. I needed a park map and couldn’t find one. None of the shops have them, you have to find a custodial worker or grab one on the way in. I finally just asked a CM that was walking around.

I grabbed a Indy FP for later and grabbed the train to Toon Town (so to save some steps as my good foot was really bothering me) and spent some time there, had a lemonade and rode Roger Rabbit.

I started to notice that getting on and off the rides were really aggravating my foot.

I hobbled back to Indy and I thought I saw stars when I stepped on the ride (think how you are out a funny angle when stepping on and off). The pain was now shooting up my shin.

I decided to head to my fav place for lunch
ry%3D400

and then rest my foot.

After a nap and thinking my foot felt better I decided I wanted to ride GRR at DCA finally. No white shirt today.

I took advantage of the single rider line and had a very short wait. I was loaded into a raft with some folks that didn’t understand the single rider concept and weren’t going to let me on the raft, I was fine waiting for the next one but a CM intervened and we were off. It was fun, but nothing I need to do again, I heard the theming was better then Kali, and it was, but not much better. I would happily do it on a very hot day when not wearing white, but other then that, it’s not a must do for me. Glad I did it though as my curiosity was satisfied.

My foot is killing me now, I really felt it on the stairs at GRR. I head out of the park and I decided to see if there was anything good to eat in DTD on the way back to DLH. I stopped at the Italian place’s counter service and got a slice of pizza. Now living just outside NYC I am spoiled by good pizza, usually don’t like pizza when I am traveling. I have to admit this wasn’t too bad. Now it wasn’t NYC good, but it was good, I would eat it again without complaint. For dessert I headed into Haagen Daz and got some ice creamy goodness.

By now, I just want to lie down and get off my foot and try to save what is left of vacation. I was beginning to wander if I had a stress fracture since I was favoring the other one so much. At this point I am only 6.5 weeks post op.

I head back to the room, get a big bag of ice, took extra pillows off the spare bed to elevate and took a double dose of anti-inflammatories. With that I was passed out for the night at about 6pm.

(I later found out at my next post op visit, that was exactly what I needed to do, it wasn’t a stress fracture, but I have a tendon that is 3x the size it should be)

Next Up: Good times with good people

I woke up felling a lot better until I realized it is my last full day. I was due to drop the car off later and decided to just drop it off this morning, as I would need to walk back from the rental office and if my foot flares up again I would have a problem.

The foot felt good and the walk wasn’t too bad, I cut through Paradise Pier hotel.

I finished breakfast and waited for a phone call from Tracy. She called as they were pulling into DTD parking. Her DH Andy and DS Evan were with her too. We all headed together for the DTD monorail station and waited briefly for them to start boarding the first one of the morning.

We were soon entering the park and the 4 of us rode Matterhorn. We then split up and Tracy and I were on our own. We rode Space, Indy, HM, we met up with Andy and Evan again and rode BTMRR and Splash. I know I have the order of things mixed up here, but hey it’s 2 months now. Evan was so cute, he insisted on riding with me on BTMRR and when we got off he grabbed my hand so we could walk through the park holding hands. We spilt up shortly after this so Andy could go get their DD from school. Tracy and I headed over to DCA and rode Screamin and what else? Oh I know we went to Blue Sky, that I totally missed before and looked at the plans for upgrading DCA for the next 3 years. I can’t wait to go back and see the finished product. From there we had lunch at Trattoria. I had the yummiest lasagna and the breadsticks were so-so, but had the most de-lish sun dried tomato spread.

I also have to say the company I was with was great too. I originally met Tracy over on the CB board on the Focker thread 2 years ago. Tracy and I have only met in real life at WDW last summer. But it was like being with an old friend that I have known for years. Which I have, 2 years to be precise. Tracy is a truly great person and I am so lucky to have gotten to know her and her family.

We headed back over to DL to meet Andy and the kids. We were waiting at the monorail station in TL. Just chatting when we see her DD, Maddie, running over to us. I think we were both expecting her to run to Tracy to hug her, but nope, she ran to me first and gave me a great big hug. Sorry Tracy, but I think your kids and I have bonded a bit.

We rode some more rides and did the walk through in the Castle. At one point we rode Casey’s and Evan was too cute. He insisted in riding in the caboose with me. I think everyone on line knew that Evan was going to ride in the caboose with me. Right before this Tracy, Maddie and me were on Tea Cups and Tracy commented on how red I was getting. While sitting on the caboose I took out my sunscreen to apply another coat and Tracy with her beautiful skin made fun of me explaining to Evan what sunscreen was.

With that we were all a bit tired and decided to take a Main Street vehicle to the front of the park. We waited right in front of the castle. As one pulled up and a family got off, we were about to board when some other guests cut in front of us. I looked at Tracy who I thought was about to go ghetto on them. I don’t think she realized I was looking at her but I saw the look on her face. They realized what they did and we then boarded before them. It was a tight squeeze for all of us to fit. There was skin to skin contact with a not so clean looking guest. Sorry, I was not comfortable being that close. I whispered to Evan if he would like to sit on my lap and he enthusiastically said yes. With that I grabbed Tracy’s kid and plopped him on my lap so I could slide over. Yes I used Evan, and no I don’t feel bad about it. Tracy knew exactly what I was doing and even snapped a pic of us. We were laughing about it when we got off.

We then hopped on the train at the Main Street station. WE did a full loop around and decided we were going to get something to eat. We headed to ESPNZone and had a great time with some laughs. I sat next to Maddie and had fun coloring with her. We then all headed over to the candy store for some yumminess. Soon it was time to say goodbye. First Maddie grabbed me and hugged me so hard, followed by Evan jumping out of his stroller to hug me too. With some more hugs and choking back some tears we said our goodbyes. It was hard as it will be a while before we all see each other again. Definitely in 2012.

Here are some pics from our day...
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

2012 :faint: Is that the next FOckerfest, or when you plan going back to DLR?

What a fabulous Day with the T family:goodvibes

How are things with the good foot now?

Ok, I can't even comment over here! I'm all verklempt laughing through tears.

We miss you!!:sad1::sad1:

:hug::hug:

Lookds like you guys had a gret time.
I know people grunt about the generic merch at WDW DTD, but I'd rather that than Sephora.

Maddie and Evan are just the cutest kids aren't they and they obviously love their Aunt Mo :love:

We were soon entering the park and the 4 of us rode Matterhorn. We then split up and Tracy and I were on our own. We rode Space, Indy, HM, we met up with Andy and Evan again and rode BTMRR and Splash. I know I have the order of things mixed up here, but hey it’s 2 months now.
Nope, it sounds about right. ;)

Tracy and I headed over to DCA and rode Screamin and what else?
I think that was all we rode, since we were due for lunch.

From there we had lunch at Trattoria. I had the yummiest lasagna and the breadsticks were so-so, but had the most de-lish sun dried tomato spread.
That food was delish! I'm jonesing for some of that tomato spread.

I also have to say the company I was with was great too. I originally met Tracy over on the CB board on the Focker thread 2 years ago. Tracy and I have only met in real life at WDW last summer. But it was like being with an old friend that I have known for years. Which I have, 2 years to be precise. Tracy is a truly great person and I am so lucky to have gotten to know her and her family.
Right back at ya, sweetheart! We all just adore you! :hug:

I think we were both expecting her to run to Tracy to hug her, but nope, she ran to me first and gave me a great big hug. Sorry Tracy, but I think your kids and I have bonded a bit.
OMG, that was so sweet! Yup, you def. formed a bond with these kiddos. Like I said before, the weeks following your visit, everytime we went to DLR, the kids asked if you were going to be there. :guilty:

While sitting on the caboose I took out my sunscreen to apply another coat and Tracy with her beautiful skin made fun of me explaining to Evan what sunscreen was.
:laughing: That came to bite me in the behind as well all got sunburned not too long ago!

I looked at Tracy who I thought was about to go ghetto on them. I don’t think she realized I was looking at her but I saw the look on her face. They realized what they did and we then boarded before them. It was a tight squeeze for all of us to fit.
I was so hoping I didn't have to pull my ghetto card out... good thing they backed off. Did you see the drivers face? His eyes were full of fear! :lmao:

There was skin to skin contact with a not so clean looking guest. Sorry, I was not comfortable being that close. I whispered to Evan if he would like to sit on my lap and he enthusiastically said yes. With that I grabbed Tracy’s kid and plopped him on my lap so I could slide over. Yes I used Evan, and no I don’t feel bad about it. Tracy knew exactly what I was doing and even snapped a pic of us. We were laughing about it when we got off.
Ha! We were slick about that! :laughing:

We then hopped on the train at the Main Street station. WE did a full loop around and decided we were going to get something to eat. We headed to ESPNZone and had a great time with some laughs. I sat next to Maddie and had fun coloring with her.
Hands down, our best lunch with a great friend! :hug:

First Maddie grabbed me and hugged me so hard, followed by Evan jumping out of his stroller to hug me too. With some more hugs and choking back some tears we said our goodbyes. It was hard as it will be a while before we all see each other again. Definitely in 2012.
Absolutely! Unless I get Andy to take a trip east. :scratchin:

I think it is so sweet how attached Evan and Maddie are to you.
Yes, it is, even though it's bittersweet! :cloud9:
Maddie and Evan are just the cutest kids aren't they and they obviously love their Aunt Mo :love:
:lmao: My kids have Aunties (and cousins ;)) all over the place!

I'm so sorry about your foot issues, but it sounds like a nice couple of days. T's kids are sweeties. :goodvibes

Now living just outside NYC I am spoiled by good pizza, usually don’t like pizza when I am traveling.
I hear ya, only form the other side of NY! ;)
(I later found out at my next post op visit, that was exactly what I needed to do, it wasn’t a stress fracture, but I have a tendon that is 3x the size it should be)
Oh Mo! :hug::hug:

Evan was so cute, he insisted on riding with me on BTMRR and when we got off he grabbed my hand so we could walk through the park holding hands.

We were waiting at the monorail station in TL. Just chatting when we see her DD, Maddie, running over to us. I think we were both expecting her to run to Tracy to hug her, but nope, she ran to me first and gave me a great big hug. Sorry Tracy, but I think your kids and I have bonded a bit.
:goodvibes Aaawww!

Ok so let's finally finish this poor neglacted trip report...

My last day, I’m not ready to go.

I take a last look around the room to make sure I have not forgotten anything and get my bag ready to check with Bell Services. I need to use the extender zipper as I can’t shut the bag. Which now means I have to pay to check it. UGH.

I head down and get my receipt for the bags and head over to the Monorail station.

It is Magic Morning again, but I don’t feel the need to be there right at rope drop, guess it’s due to the Disney blues setting in. I get like this on the last day of vacay. Silly? Yes, but that’s who I am, I hate seeing vacations end, even though I am at the point in my life that I always have the next one planned. (You should see my DVC points spreadsheet, it’s completed through 2012;))

Anyhow, back to this trip. The monorail didn’t open until 8:30, but that was ok. Today was just about hitting a couple things I hadn’t yet, my favorites and enjoying my time in Walt’s park. It will probably be 3 years until I am back and I need to soak it all in.

Another spin on Toad, Space and Indy were in order and that darn delicious smelling popcorn, had to have me a box before leaving. I hadn’t been over to Pirate’s Lair (used to be Tom Sawyer Island). I spent a good deal of time just wandering around checking out the details.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

It was soon nearing lunch time and I had to be out front of DLH by 1 pm for the airport shuttle.

I wandered back to DTD and went to Rainforst Café, I have no idea why as I am not a big fan, but that’s where I ended up.

I had a salad and quesadilla appetizer and it was more than enough. With that it was about time to go wait for the shuttle. I went back to Bell Services got my bags and a short time later I was heading back to the airport.

After an uneventful flight I arrived back home around 1:15 am. The dogs were thrilled to see me and Murph, who was staying at my house dog sitting was not so thrilled with being woken up at 1:15 in the morning. I warned her about this prior to leaving, but at that hour she ddin’t care, just wanted to go back to sleep.:rolleyes:

Final Thoughts:

I love love love DL:lovestruc. I can’t wait to go back. However, based on my aforementioned DVC points spreadsheet that won’t be until 2012. Next year I am going to Italy in the Spring and WDW in the Fall. In 2011 WDW in the Spring ( I haven’t been for F&G since 2007) and my youngest niece wants to take Mickey’s boat to Disney (I interpret that as a Disney cruise with a few days in WDW). That will be when she is off for school in the summer. And that brings us to 2012. The plan now is September as I have never been there at that time and would like to change it up a bit. (and DCA renovations/additions are due to be completed in 2012;))

So now I am just looking forward to my next vacation in 7 weeks at US, WDW and Seaworld:thumbsup2

Thanks for sticking around and reading...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter