Jersey Girl Heading West Updated 7/26 Final Day and Final Thoughts

love the rooms, especially the light with mickeys hand:thumbsup2
That armoire is cool too with the map

Never had in-n-out. I take it its good...:confused3???

The ride back from the library was smooth enough, until…. The traffic started and never really ended until I exited the freeway near Anaheim. It was stop and go the whole time:headache:.
Sounds just like Tampa! I'd fit right in in LA. :rolleyes:

First the railroad kicks WDW butt, they have dioramas of the Grand Canyon and dinosaurs and the cars face into the park.
Okay. THAT may have been the tidbit that swung me over to wanting to visit DLR! :yay:

FYI- they're taking GCV ressies on June 27th. ;) I've got a surprise trip planned for Maddie's B-Day in Oct. :teeth:
Oooo, can't wait to hear about it!

Yes, Janet, a double one!

Before I start my next update, I left out the part where there was 2 40% off racks in the Emporium and I picked up a fleece and 2 t-shirts with an additional 10% for using my Disney Visa and these pics from my room

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The other side of the hat is the entrance to DTD.

Sunday morning Magic Morning opens at 7am. Luckily that isn’t so bad for an East Coaster. Now the weather report called for temps in the 90’s so out I headed with shorts and t, and it was cold, stopped for a hot tea and continued my walk to the front gate. Not too bad crowd wise when I got there.

As soon as the park opened I went straight to Matterhorn and rode both sides, then rode Toad (RIP in WDW) and Alice. I commented to someone later, imagine riding Alice (and Toad) after some Frisbee:smokin:, especially the chesire cat part in Alice.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After that I headed over to Space, I LOVE THIS RIDE! Rode 2x as a walk on. Now remember with my recent foot surgery I was a slow walker and when I came off the 2nd Space ride I noticed the park would be opening in a few, I stopped at the ladies room and then took my map out to find Nemo… and I was standing right in front of it. OMG! I’m one of THEM! :scared1: You all just know the CM’s out in front of Nemo got a good laugh at the blonde with the Jersey accent. Well as it turned out Nemo was already open even though the park wasn’t. After a very short wait I was boarding my sub.

This was very cute, well except for the empty candy boxes that floated by.:sad2:

ry%3D400

When I got off the park was open and the line was, well too long to ride again.

It was still chilly and I was wishing I had a coat with me.

I headed over and grabbed a FP for Indy and rode POTC and HM and headed back to ride Indy and grab another FP for it. Around this time I spoke to Tracy who was heading over with her peeps later. I realized I was just too cold and was heading back to the hotel to grab a fleece or jacket. Walking through DTD I spotted Wetzel’s and I love the bits so I got myself a bag to nibble on, ok maybe I more than nibbled and finished the entire bag off.

When I got back to the resort I realized I may want a power nap since I was there. I did lay down for a bit and think I may have dozed for a few before heading back to the park.

I headed back and rode with my Indy FP and then I noticed I had a message on my phone from Tracy. They were on line at Casey’s Circus Train.

Tracy and Maddie taking their time to come say hello, think they were happy to see me?

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We rode IASW and both Evan and Maddie insisted on riding with me. I got in the boat last and was next to Evan, well until Maddie leap frogged over him and then I was next to her. Boy I miss those kids, they were just to sweet and made a Jersey girl feel right at home.

After this we wandered over to POTC, as we were walking, Dinah , from my ABD Quest for West trip called and was going to be heading over to the park. Now I was going to be able to catch up with somebody else who I hadn’t seen a long time.

Shortly after riding POTC Tracy and her peeps went to get something to eat and then Dinah called and we met up along with her 2 boys for a bit on Main Street before I had to check in for my Walk in Walt’s footsteps tour. While waiting for Dinah I took the opportunity to grab a chocolate croissant and a lemonade from the Bakery, just what I needed.

Next Up Walking In Walt’s Footsteps

The tour met near town hall and we were a group of 8, including 3 teachers who were there for a class trip. The tour gave you ear pieces so you hear the tour guide, but even better they had portions of recordings from Walt himself so you were listening to Walk as you toured his park. What a great touch!

We slowly made our way up Main Street where we discussed the names on the windows, eventually coming to the Hub. The guide explained how the top of the castle was originally the other way and one day the imagineers took the top and turned it around. Walt saw and told them to leave it that way

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We made our way over to the Tiki Room and had a short wait for the next show. After the show our group stayed for a bit. Did you know the Tiki room was originally planned to be a dinner show. Our guide showed us how the building was built to be used as a dinner theatre.

ry%3D400

From there we rode Jungle Cruise and onto New Orleans Square. Just a little off topic, but I just love love love NO Square and wished MK had this land, just love wandering around.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

While in NO square we were treated with being able to enter the lobby of Club 33 and check out the elevator.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After Club 33 we were shown the balcony that they use for the F! dessert package. I hadn’t noticed before but it’s Walt’s and Roy’s initials in the railing.

ry%3D400

Some other random shots I took while standing there.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

From here we took the train around to Fantasyland where we got off and made our way back to the hub. Where we went over to see the Snow White and 7 Dwarves statues, so pretty ( I came back here later on my own). If you look closely Snow White is the same size as the Dwarves, one of the imagineers came up with a forced perspective and placed Snow White in a way she looks taller.

ry%3D400

We were coming up on the end of the tour. We came back to where we started where there is a little courtyard where they had dinner waiting. Before the tour you gave them your order. I had gotten a tuna on multi grain with fresh fruit. It was not the magical tuna I love at CHH, but it was very good and fruit was very fresh, grapes and strawberries.

Next up: WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT?!?!?!?!

:cheer2::cheer2:

Great update Mo. Looks like T was trying to do the Focker run but holding Maddie's hand prevented her from doing it:rotfl2:

That tour sounds so cool.

Ooh, lovely pics! Sounds like a great day and a great tour. :goodvibes

I miss T and her kiddos, too. :hug: And you!

And Mr. Toad. And Indy. :rotfl2: I need to get back to DL.

Thanks for the updates! :)

Mo that was an amazing update. I just love to see DL. I have a picture of that fountain in my DDad's tribute. It was taken in 1975. I was so glad when someone told me it was still there.
If I ever make it back, the tour will be on my list of 'to-dos'.

The tour sounds so great! I wish I knew more about Dl when we went...next time maybe. We also never made it onto the subs because they opened the week before we got there.

OMG! I can't believe you used that picture! :lmao:

True, Janet... it was almost the infamous stroller run-walk, but I couldn't exactly barrel over the nice people going down the exit ramp! :rolleyes1

We miss you Mo! :hug: Everytime we go to DLR, the kids ask if you're going to be there. :guilty:

Just wondered over and found your TR. I can't wait to see more! We are leaving from Chicago in less than a week! I am making the 3,000 miles into a road trip though!:lmao:

Before I start my next update, I left out the part where there was 2 40% off racks in the Emporium and I picked up a fleece and 2 t-shirts with an additional 10% for using my Disney Visa
Rather convenient, leaving out purchasing details, no?! ;)

:sad1::sad1::sad1:

Tracy and Maddie taking their time to come say hello, think they were happy to see me?

ry%3D400
:rotfl2: Just a little!

The tour gave you ear pieces so you hear the tour guide, but even better they had portions of recordings from Walt himself so you were listening to Walk as you toured his park. What a great touch!
Very cool! Why don't they do this with WDW tours? :confused3

Next up: WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT?!?!?!?!
popcorn::

I'm beginning to think that we may need to do the next Fockerfest at DL:rolleyes1

True, Janet... it was almost the infamous stroller run-walk, but I couldn't exactly barrel over the nice people going down the exit ramp!

Oh next time just push them out of the way:rolleyes1

Ooooooooooooh! Mo got busted:lmao:

Great updates!!
Love the pic of T and Maddie ---so cute--was T happy in that pic:rotfl2::rotfl2:
The tour sounds great, is it something kids can do??I think you said teachers took the tour--were they with kids??Glad you enjoyed it.
Your room view was nice too.
Hope your foot it doing well. We need to meet for lunch or dinner--seriously!!

ry%3D400
OMG too funny, T really does look as though she wants to push past all those people, it's so great you got to meet :goodvibes

The tour sounds great and the Walt commentary sounds fantastic :thumbsup2

I just love that Snow White garden, so pretty!

The snow white garden is one of my fav spots in DL

That tour sounds so cool.

If you get back to DL, I highly recommend it!

I'm already trying to figure out when I can get back out there again!

Mo that was an amazing update. I just love to see DL. I have a picture of that fountain in my DDad's tribute. It was taken in 1975. I was so glad when someone told me it was still there.
If I ever make it back, the tour will be on my list of 'to-dos'.

I love DL, it really is my fav park!
The tour sounds so great! I wish I knew more about Dl when we went...next time maybe. We also never made it onto the subs because they opened the week before we got there.
OMG, the line must have been insane!

OMG! I can't believe you used that picture! :lmao:

You shouldn't be;):lmao:

We miss you Mo! :hug: Everytime we go to DLR, the kids ask if you're going to be there. :guilty:
Now I'm going to cry, you give those 2 cuties a HUGE hug from Miss Mo!
Just wondered over and found your TR. I can't wait to see more! We are leaving from Chicago in less than a week! I am making the 3,000 miles into a road trip though!:lmao:
Have fun!!!!!

Hmm, did I, oops;)

I'm beginning to think that we may need to do the next Fockerfest at DL:rolleyes1

OMG, that would be great!

Great updates!!
Love the pic of T and Maddie ---so cute--was T happy in that pic:rotfl2::rotfl2:
The tour sounds great, is it something kids can do??I think you said teachers took the tour--were they with kids??Glad you enjoyed it.
Your room view was nice too.
Hope your foot it doing well. We need to meet for lunch or dinner--seriously!!

I think you have to be 16 for tour, the teachers were there with a HS trip and I think needed a break from the kids;)

You name a date and let's make it work for lunch or dinner:thumbsup2

OMG too funny, T really does look as though she wants to push past all those people, it's so great you got to meet :goodvibes

Look at the look on the woman's face in front her, telling isn't it?;)

After the tour I was exhausted it was about 6pm and I just wanted to crash.

I hobbled back to the hotel, remember I was only post op for my foot about 6 weeks.

I fell asleep I think before my head hit the pillow. I wake up and the Survivor Finale was just starting. I just didn't have the energy to go back to the park so I figure I would just have a quiet evening watching Survivor. About 8:45 I heard and felt this noise that ended with the loudest dang bang I have heard in my life. I mean it was LOUD!!!!!!!!:eek: I laid there thinking well it was either an earthquake or a terrorist attack. A moment later the TV annouced that a small earthquake just rocked Southern Cali. Well at least it wasn't a terrorist attack and I am no longer an earthquake virgin. :sad2:

I stayed up long enought to catch the beginning of the news and saw it wasn't too serious of a quake. I would hate to be there for a serious one!:eek:

Monday morning I decided to be a bit lazy and head to DCA. DCA doesn't open until 10 so no need to rush this morning. I was wearing cargo shorts and decided I could go bagless. As I approached the bag check, carrying my cup of very hot tea in my hand, some ***** cut me off spilled aforementioned tea on my hand :headache:. No apology, well until I embarrased her into one:rolleyes1

I see what I thought was the bagless line and when I got to the CM was asked to see ID. Same rude lady is there on the other side of the table and is quick to inform me I am in the CM entrance line. DANG, I am really of them out here:blush: And to have the rude tea spiller to be the one to point it out well:mad:

After that good time I got into line for DCA and was let in before 10. Even though you could get in, they stop you before getting to go over to ToT or Monsters Inc. I believe you can ride Soarin prior to 10 though.

The rope dropped and I headed to Monsters Inc first

ry%3D400

and then to

ry%3D400

Overall ToT is much superior at WDW, however there is one effect here with a Mirror that WDW doesn't have that I did like.

From there I wandered around and took in the atmosphere

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

It was food and wine festival at DCA and instead of having the booths like Epcot they had specials at the existing food stands. I saw a sign at the wiener cart for a lobster salad that sounded yummy, but the thought of my lobster being cooked the same place as my wiener didn't appeal to me.:sick:

I finally got to ride Screamin this trip, as it was down last time I was here. Love it, nice coaster. It was pretty warm to day and I was getting hungry. Nothing food wise was appealing to me so I decided to go to see if anything in DL appealed to me

ry%3D400

As I was walking up Main Street, these guys happen to drive by, no parade, just this one car...
ry%3D400

I did walk through the castle as they have reopened it. It's neat little walk through with dioramas telling Sleeping Beauty's story. And you actually get to go in the castle

ry%3D400

Now I was starving and decided I really wanted my fav:thumbsup2.

So off I went to

ry%3D400

Next up: I'm just wandering...

I laid there thinking well it was either an earthquake or a terrorist attack. A moment later the TV annouced that a small earthquake just rocked Southern Cali. Well at least it wasn't a terrorist attack and I am no longer an earthquake virgin.

:scared1::scared1:

well until I embarrased her into one

Good girl:thumbsup2

DANG, I am really of them out here:blush:

:hug:

I finally got to ride Screamin this trip, as it was down last time I was here. Love it, nice coaster.

THis was our favorite ride when we were there!

Next up: I'm just wandering...

popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter