Jennifer Tilly on Madame Leota Role and Haunted Mansion Make-over

lrodk

<font color=009900>No one is immune to the TF's in
Jennifer Tilly was interviewed by TV Guide for their upcoming issue. In it she reveals details about her role as Madamme Leota for the upcoming Haunted Mansion film. What I found interesting was her mention that The Haunted Mansion at Disneyland may be getting a total make-over if the film is successful. This is the first mention of a major make-over for Mansion that I've come across in a while. I wonder if she said something she wasn't supposed to.

Jennifer Tilly TV Guide QUOTE:
--------------------------------------------------------

"When you go into the ride [at Disney], there's a gypsy fortune teller's head in a crystal ball, saying, 'Go back, Go back!' You know, Madame Leota. That's gonna be me! I'm Eddie Murphy's sidekick in the movie. He carries my head around, and I get bossy with him. I have lots of hair, I'm a smart ***, and I'm very cryptic. I know all, I see all... If the movie's really successful, Disney's gonna revamp the ride and I'll be the head in the ball at the beginning of it! They're gonna totally update it. So that's why I wanted to do this movie — I want to be a bigshot at Disneyland. I'm hoping I'll become another American icon.

"Ah, but does Tilly fear the original Madame Liotta's wrath? After all, she might curse the actress for usurping her post! "It's very sad, because I love the ride the way it is, but I guess everything has to get updated," Tilly winks. "Besides, I'll be Madame Liotta now, so I'll inherit the curse giving ability."

http://www.tvguide.com/newsgossip/insider/030303c.asp

Originally posted by lrodk
Jennifer Tilly TV Guide QUOTE:
--------------------------------------------------------

"I'm hoping I'll become another American icon."

Oh, but you already are Jennifer!!! God knows I will never forget you as Violet in BOUND.....not to mention Gina Gershon. WooHoo!!! Mickey

Lets hope the movie flops and/or she is accused of some hanus crime so she dosn't end up in the HM.

And dear god, if you love the ride so much, get the part right. She was the one in the sance room, not the beginning. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

"Go Back, Go Back!"?????

Me thinks Ms Tilly should "go back" to Disneyland and learn where Madame Leota is located and what she actually says.

i think, and i may be wrong (this is my first post, and a tough crowd) she may be referring to the re-vamp of the attractions for DLR's 50th.

peace pins

richard

rickeymouse: You may be right, but it sounded like she was talking about the ride as it stands today. Oh well, its a minor point. I sometimes forget that most normal people in this world don't consider it important to remember details of Disney attractions (but then, I'm not sure that actors are normal people (LOL)).

BTW: Welcome to the DIS. Were not such a tough crowd here on the rumors board, just a tad opinionated at times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter