Jedi in Training

DisneySophia

Earning My Ears
We are doing HS on Jan 5, I know it will be crazy busy! The park opens at 9 and currently I have an 8:15 ADR for Hollywood & Vine, just so we can get into the park early and sign-up. I'm not really looking forward to the food or characters. But will sign-ups be open that early? Or will they open at 9am when the park opens? Am I better off canceling it and just rope dropping? I do have the package with Fantasmic, so is it better to keep it for that? This is a first (possibly only) trip and my kids will be 6 & 8 and I really want them to do the Jedi training.

They are letting RD in about 8:45 for a 9am opening, so the H&V ressie will probably put you behind everyone else. Just plan on being there about 8-8:15 and when everyone else heads off to TSL you'll want to go to the left and follow the signs for Jedi training. There will be cast members there with signs

The above is not quite correct. You will be able to sign up for Jedi training before your breakfast so around 8am when you arrive. You should have your pick of times. I would keep the breakfast for this and for the seat for Fantasmic.

Wait, are you only doing the H&V breakfast for Jedi training? If so, save your time and money.

Two things have happened to JTA to make a breakfast unnecessary.

1) There are many more spots than when it first opened. Half the kids fight Darth Vader and the other half fight Kylo Ren, so they take twice as many young jedis as when it opened.
2) Everyone is rushing to TSL at rope drop, greatly reducing the numbers heading to JTA sign ups

If you go at RD or even a little afterwards, you'll have many JTA spots to choose from.

Yes I got this reservation just to get into the park early to get them signed up. I'm worried it will be super crowded that Saturday that seems to be what the estimators are saying. I'm so torn on what to do.

They would let you in around 8:00, or even a bit earlier, with your time. PPO ADRs are first come, first served, regardless of the actual ADR time. You would go in at park opening (get there around 7:30 to be among the first in), sign up for JTA, and then go have breakfast.

The Fantasmic reserved seating is great, and I think Fantasmic is the best show at WDW. You'll be very happy not to wait in that stand by line, or even the FP+ line.

The negative to the breakfast package is that you'll be behind the rope drop crowd when the park opens. What did you plan on doing after eating? If TSL, then you have a problem. If TOT and RNRC, then that would be fine.

If you wanted to RD TSL, I would suggest:
1. Switch to a Mama Melrose Fantasmic package, or even a Fantasmic Dessert and VIP experience (these two are about the same price, and cheaper than the H&V breakfast package,)
2. RD TSL, and then around 9:30 sign up for Jedi

Also, as you aren't interested in the H&V food, you could still switch to the Mama Melrose or Dessert experience, and sign up for Jedi at rope drop before going to TOT and RNRC.

I have slinky dog and then alien saucers as next in my touring plan. But I think my kids are more interested in jedi training. We can be flexible on toy story I don't think that's a big draw for them.

So I should be able to sign up for jedi training at 8 even though the park doesnt officially open until 9?

I have slinky dog and then alien saucers as next in my touring plan. But I think my kids are more interested in jedi training. We can be flexible on toy story I don't think that's a big draw for them.

So I should be able to sign up for jedi training at 8 even though the park doesnt officially open until 9?

We did Jedi training on Dec 30th last year, one of the busiest days for the park. TSL wasn't open yet obviously which may have kept some people out of HS but we had no problem getting a spot at 10am when we got into the park after a red eye flight.

If your kids like Disney Jr. they will enjoy H&V and it doesn't put you at a disadvantage for Jedi Training but you definitely don't need a PPO reservation to get a Jedi training spot.

Yes, Jedi training sign ups start at 8 am, for PPO ADR people. If you do not have a PPO ADR, you have to wait until RD to sign up.

Get to HS by 7:30 to be one of the first online to get in (there will be a dedicated tap style for PPO ADR folks, usually all the way to the left). If you are not sure, then ask. Once they let everyone in, one adult can sign in for H&V (no need to wait until your ADR time), while the other adult takes the kids to sign up for Jedi (kids must be present to sign up).

Another thing you can do to speed things up and get to TSL ASAP is ask for the check when you order your beverages, and pay right away. This way, when you are ready to go, you can just leave (with both Jedi and Fantasmic tickets in hand).

Every thing I have read lately (since TSL has opened), says Jedi training signups arent as popular at RD anymore. If you are picky with times, I would rope drop it. We are planning on RDing TSL, then around 10 sign up for jedi but we arent picky with times.

Every thing I have read lately (since TSL has opened), says Jedi training signups arent as popular at RD anymore. If you are picky with times, I would rope drop it. We are planning on RDing TSL, then around 10 sign up for jedi but we arent picky with times.

We spent the morning at AK, then went to AoA for a drawing class and lunch, then arrived at HS in the afternoon, probably around 2ish, and signed up then to do Jedi Training later that day. This was on a Saturday at the start of Jersey Week, so not like it was low season. Unless there is only ONE time that will possibly work for your family and you need to make sure you get particular spot, it's really unnecessary to sign up before the park opens. Go earlyish and you'll be fine.

Good info to know! So if we try to rope drop SDD, then head over to sign up for Jedi Training we should be good? I'm not picky on time, but would want before 5pm probably. Think this would be okay or do we sign up first before hitting TSL?

If your family are Star Wars fans, you could sign up for the Star Wars Guided Tour. It's a 6 hour tour through the park that takes you through all things Star Wars, and the kids are signed up for Jedi for you. If you're ok with missing breakfast and Slinky, this might be an option. Or try booking slinky later in the day (after 2pm). You would also get reserved viewing for the fireworks that night. (Not Fantasmic).

Good info to know! So if we try to rope drop SDD, then head over to sign up for Jedi Training we should be good? I'm not picky on time, but would want before 5pm probably. Think this would be okay or do we sign up first before hitting TSL?

You should be fine signing up after SDD. Just realize that EVERYONE is heading for SDD (and not JTA), so it will be a crazy RD. There are a few threads bouncing around with rope drop advice, but most are saying you want to be there at least an hour before the park opens to make sure you're through bag check and at the front of the pack.

If you sign up for JTA first, you will undoubtably have a 90 minute wait by the time you get over to SDD. The line really does build that fast! You could probably get on Aliens or TSMM with a reasonable wait after signing up for JTA, but you'll have missed the chance to do SDD.

We were just at HS a couple weeks ago and they let us in around 8:30 (park opened at 9 that day). Mobs of people headed towards Toy Story Land (but they were stopped part way into the park and had to wait until 9). We headed straight over to the Jedi training sign-up and had no lines. They let us sign up right away, but we weren't able to go on any other rides until 9. I was shocked at how many people were there at 8 when we got there.

We were in HS on christmas. My husband walked over to sign the kids up for Jedi training after the park opened. We had a later H&V reservation but still got in with the ppo group though not much before 9. He had no trouble signing up 5 kids (without them present) while the rest of us went to tsl to ride TSMM (we had a later sdd FP). They did the 4:20 show.

Yes I got this reservation just to get into the park early to get them signed up. I'm worried it will be super crowded that Saturday that seems to be what the estimators are saying. I'm so torn on what to do.
we were there at 8:50 am on Dec. 17 and had our pick of all shows but the first one with no line. You don't really need the ADR anymore

We were in HS on christmas. My husband walked over to sign the kids up for Jedi training after the park opened. We had a later H&V reservation but still got in with the ppo group though not much before 9. He had no trouble signing up 5 kids (without them present) while the rest of us went to tsl to ride TSMM (we had a later sdd FP). They did the 4:20 show.
Be careful about not taking the kids
It is highly unusual for them to allow that
Just mentioning so others reading along don't think this is standard
Others will find they are turned away to return with the child

Be careful about not taking the kids
It is highly unusual for them to allow that
Just mentioning so others reading along don't think this is standard
Others will find they are turned away to return with the child
He asked a CM who said they didn’t need to be there. Perhaps they’ve changed the rules now that it’s less popular and has a larger capacity?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!