Jedi Academy.... You don't get "picked" anymore?? What time??

Ok here is a ? I just thought of....

My 7y/o will want to get in line to do this, do we get in line with him knowning that only he will be "picked" to do the show but we will have seats to watch? Or are there two linesl, one for him and one for us? It will be my 7y/o wanting to do the Jedi, and then dh&I and our two dd's and 1y/o son there to watch. Sorry if this is a silly thing to ask but without ever being to Disney I'm not sure how things work.

Just 1 line for the kids the rest is SRO it's outside and the show is on an elevated platform.

As far as the shutdown my family member that works at ST said it will shut down end of Oct and be closed for 8 months. I'll ask if the JT will still be open and post later.:goodvibes

We've been to DHS twice now and I'm not as familiar with the layout as most of you are! :worship: I have the other parks down, but not DHS for some reason. I think I get turned around once we're in there since we scatter about.

I know the way to TSM since the majority of the crowd at RD is herded that way anyway, but can someone give me a quick run down of which way to head to Star Tours at RD? I'd like to surprise my DS with this and will likely try to go there first thing since we're using our GAD special fast passes for TSM. :cool1:

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup2
Heather

Can I bump myself? :) Anyone know the quick answer to this?

Many thanks...
Heather

Question for you guys. My 12 yo nephew will be at WDW for his Make a Wish trip in a few weeks. He has battled brain cancer, and will hopefully be declaired in remission very soon. He and his 2 brothers are Star Wars finatics!!! I dont think though that he could be out in the sun waiting - is there shade in any part of the line? Also, how long do you have to stand if you make it into the show? Im not 100% sure how long he can stand before needing to sit in his wheelchair???
Thanks for your help|!!

It is my understanding that Wish kids can get some exceptions made. rather than making him stand in the sun i would check at guest relations and maybe they can just register him in at a certain time. worth a try. keep that in mind for other activities. They usually will make some special allowances for wish kids

Many thanks...
Heather

I thought it was where Star Tours is (the Star Wars ride) - sorry I don't know more specifically than that! If it's true and they're closing Star Tours in Oct, I don't know what the location will be if they're going to continue with this while the ride's closed. My little one's gonna be sad.....guess we need to plan another trip for the "grand re-opening"!! :rolleyes1

We've been to DHS twice now and I'm not as familiar with the layout as most of you are! :worship: I have the other parks down, but not DHS for some reason. I think I get turned around once we're in there since we scatter about.

I know the way to TSM since the majority of the crowd at RD is herded that way anyway, but can someone give me a quick run down of which way to head to Star Tours at RD? I'd like to surprise my DS with this and will likely try to go there first thing since we're using our GAD special fast passes for TSM. :cool1:

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup2
Heather

I know where to get this answer... ROBO!! He know's it ALL!!! :worship::worship::worship:

I'll PM him later this evening and see if he can help!!!

I thought it was where Star Tours is (the Star Wars ride) - sorry I don't know more specifically than that! If it's true and they're closing Star Tours in Oct, I don't know what the location will be if they're going to continue with this while the ride's closed. My little one's gonna be sad.....guess we need to plan another trip for the "grand re-opening"!! :rolleyes1

That's okay - I appreciate you trying to help! I hope you can plan another trip for the "grand re-opening"! :rotfl2: :thumbsup2

I know where to get this answer... ROBO!! He know's it ALL!!! :worship::worship::worship:

I'll PM him later this evening and see if he can help!!!

I agree - you know Robo is bound to have a map already for this! :worship: Thanks for thinking of this... :)

Heather

Ok here is a ? I just thought of....

My 7y/o will want to get in line to do this, do we get in line with him knowning that only he will be "picked" to do the show but we will have seats to watch? Or are there two linesl, one for him and one for us? It will be my 7y/o wanting to do the Jedi, and then dh&I and our two dd's and 1y/o son there to watch. Sorry if this is a silly thing to ask but without ever being to Disney I'm not sure how things work.

The kids stand in a line to the right (when looking at it) of the stage in a roped off area. The parents get to stand anywhere there is space in front of and to the left of the stage. There are no seats, standing concrete only. :)

Many thanks...
Heather

I was waiting for the map master to pop in but until he does... once in DHS head to the left towards 50PTC, continue past Indiana Jones and Star Tours will be over to the left. Or if you head towards the hat, take a left towards the American Idol Experience and just keep walking that direction you'll end up walking right towards it.

... once in DHS head to the left towards 50PTC, continue past Indiana Jones and Star Tours will be over to the left. Or if you head towards the hat, take a left towards the American Idol Experience and just keep walking that direction you'll end up walking right towards it.

Happens about at the lower end of the Parade Route line (where the parade exits the park) on the maps below.

DHS-ALL-Sat_031310.jpg

DHS-Lower_031310.jpg

Happens about at the lower end of the Parade Route line (where the parade exits the park) on the maps below.

DHS-ALL-800_082409.gif

DHS-Lower800_082409.gif

Robo, I am sad to point out that there is an error on your map. Star Tours is incorrectly labeled. What you have labeled as "Star Tours" is actually "The Backlot Express" (QS). Star Tours is to the left of the green line.

Robo, I am sad to point out that there is an error on your map. Star Tours is incorrectly labeled. What you have labeled as "Star Tours" is actually "The Backlot Express" (QS). Star Tours is to the left of the green line.

Good catch!

I've revised the maps.

Thanks, pwmitch! :thumbsup2

The kids stand in a line to the right (when looking at it) of the stage in a roped off area. The parents get to stand anywhere there is space in front of and to the left of the stage. There are no seats, standing concrete only. :)

I was waiting for the map master to pop in but until he does... once in DHS head to the left towards 50PTC, continue past Indiana Jones and Star Tours will be over to the left. Or if you head towards the hat, take a left towards the American Idol Experience and just keep walking that direction you'll end up walking right towards it.

Thank you!! I see Robo is next but I appreciate the "directions"! :) :thumbsup2

DHS-ALL-Sat_031310.jpg

DHS-Lower_031310.jpg

Thank you - how very awesome of you to pop in with the maps like you do! :worship: I sincerely appreciate all you do... :banana:

Thanks for the clarification too! :)

Heather

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter