jeans for my body type

littlebit0863

Mouseketeer
Seems my whole family needs jeans, trying to find me some without breaking the bank. I am 5 feet, in between a 6 and an 8 (or sometimes a 10 depending on brand), and have a bit of a pot belly and no booty to speak of. Anyone out there have my body type, and if so what kind of jeans do you buy? On one and only one occasion I found the perfect jeans, they were Old Navy size 6, but they have worn out and I have never found a good pair again, not even at ON. My friend who is shaped similar to me suggested I wear Lucky jeans but they are so expensive! Any suggestions?

Try Levi's 505s if you can find them. I also have a small booty compared to my waist and they fit great. Normally I am a 6 but in these I'm a 4, who can argue with that? :thumbsup2

I agree with your friend about the Lucky jeans, too. I have one pair that I bought so I could wear really tall heels, and I get a lot of compliments on those.

But the 505's are my go-to jeans. I have 4 pair in the closet and three in unopened bags on the shelf as an emergency stash in case Levi quits making them! Right now they're on sale at Zappos.

+1 on Lucky Jeans. You can find them at TJMAxx also. I have also found many pairs at Plato's closet for under $30

My wife only wears Joes jeans and 7 for all man kind. She swears by them and she always gets compliments. If you want good jeans, you may need to spend more $. We always stick to those jeans made in the USA from teh smaller companies. They seem to hold up longer and feel a lot more comfortable.

Here is what I would do:

Go to a boutique store with tons of top brans; Joes, Paper and Denim, etc. Try on everything the girl suggests. In the changing room, write down model numbers and names.

Then hit ebay and buy them for 1/3 the price used. Watch the used clothing stores or Rescue Mission for deals too. The last time I hit the rescue mission, I found a pair of Joes and a pair of Luckys for 6 bucks each. Booyah.

I've also gotten great advice from Zafu . com. There are tons of questions you answer about your body type, the fit issues you have, etc. Then, they generate a list of makes and models and brands of jeans made for your body type. I think it's 10 bucks to join, but worth it. I've gotten spot on recommendations from top brands on down to Old Navy. It also will recommend certain bras and other things that are exhausting to try every single model until you find a comfy one.

I have a similar build and size - I've gotten lucky with Gap's Long & Lean petite length and a pair of skinny jeans from White House Black Market

I tried on all the jeans named above and then some trying to find the
perfect jean none fit, went to Walmart one day and saw a pair hanging and had nothing to lose, tada!!! PERFECT FIT! who knew $9.99 on sale :goodvibes

If you have a Maurices around I recommend going in and trying some on there. They are stylish, affordable and they have TONS of different fits/lengths. The staff is always very helpful too.

Seems my whole family needs jeans, trying to find me some without breaking the bank. I am 5 feet, in between a 6 and an 8 (or sometimes a 10 depending on brand), and have a bit of a pot belly and no booty to speak of. Anyone out there have my body type, and if so what kind of jeans do you buy? On one and only one occasion I found the perfect jeans, they were Old Navy size 6, but they have worn out and I have never found a good pair again, not even at ON. My friend who is shaped similar to me suggested I wear Lucky jeans but they are so expensive! Any suggestions?

First, please don't laugh, but since you are shorter like me, try girls plus. I know it sounds strange, but it works.

I would try a 16 1/2 or 18 1/2. Some stores even have a 20 1/2. Girls plus can be purchased at Sears, JcPenny, Justice for sure. Some other stores carry them but they only go to 14 1/2. Just like everything, you may have to try several styles before it works. I always had good luck with Arizona at JCPenny.

You will have to look at the pockets to make sure they are "age appropriate" lol. No colored butterflies, huge sparkles, etc. Also, since they are from the girls department they are cheaper!

It is really a good idea for capris and shorts, because they are actually capris and don't look like pants that shrunk lol.

My favorite pair right now are from Victoria Secret. I got them for $10 at MJR. I wish I could find another pair at that price. I actually bought a pair of girls jeans today for $7.50 at the Sears outlet. They are not near as awesome as my VS ones, but at least I have another pair. Good Luck from one hard to fit girl to another:goodvibes

Goodwill. You would be surprised the brands that turn up there. Plus, they're all in one place.

I have several pairs of Gap long and lean jeans that I wear all the time that fit really well. I also have one pair of Lucky jeans that I love.

I got a pair of INC curvy fit, straight leg that I found on sale at Macy's. I have the same body type. Not for jeans, but chinos. I have found that jcrew fits me well. You have to try them on in the store, but sometimes you can come across your size on the website at a good sale price.

I do well with the jeans from Ann Taylor Loft (or the Ann Taylor outlet if you have on of those around). If I do the Petites, I do a size 8 curvy and I don't have to have them hemmed. If I do the regular sizes, I do a 6 curvy, but then I have to have them shortened. If you sign up for their E-mail, they are good about sending coupons, and they also have sales quite a bit.

Thank you all for your replies. We have a nicer mall a few towns over so I think I'm going to take several hours, pick out the styles I like, and start searching online.

I only wear Lucky Jeans -- in short. The shorts have a 30" inseam.

I have bought them off Ebay for the last 5 years, never new. Haven't paid more than $20 for them.

If you get them off Ebay, make sure you know your measurements...even among the same style (Easy Rider for me) they can vary by 2" in the waist and hips.

I tried Levi's 505s in petite and the rise is long. I have tried JCrew, Eddie Bauer, Ann Taylor, Gap, everything and Lucky is the only one that looks good and I get compliments on.

I also have had several pairs of the Easy Rider boot cuts tailored into straight cuts and they look great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter