Japan 2016 Trip: November 3-November 15th-Completed

DMMarla07860

DIS Veteran
Cast: Julia(Me)-28
Dad(Larry)
Mom(Vivian)

A bit of back ground about it, my dad and I love Disney things from, movies to parks, we also love to travel and lot. Mom isn't a Disney fan and does not like to travel. Her vacations are at home when we go away. My mom's mother or my Nannie is from Japan and my mom loves the culture and food and she said she'd go again, we went in November 2014 that time bringing my nannie, but time it was only us three and we stayed long.

Tokyo
Kyoto
Kamakura
Disneyland Tokyo

Here's a picture of us

Last edited:
November 3rd and November 4th, 2016

We left the house bright and early and drove to Newark Airport, parked the car and headed to the terminal. We checked in checked our bags went through security and we waited a few hours, got some drinks and snacks for the plane. We boarded the plane and were off to Japan, not many pictures from the plane, but here's some and it's a long flight.

After hours of flying we landed in Japan on November 4th

We got off the plane and went through, customs, passport control and got our luggage. Dad went to get the portable wifi we rented while mom and I waited for him then we went to figure out the train into Tokyo. It was pretty easy, but we were all sleepy. We didn't totally know how to get to our hotel which was Richmond Premier International Hotel in Asakusa, but a nice young man helped direct us there giving use directions. We made it to the hotel and checked in and went to our room.

Dad and I decided to go out to look for some snack/dinner while mom stayed in to hotel to rest since we were all tired. We went out and found a family mart convenience store and got some stuff which was yummy. I love the convenience stores in Japan truly. Took a few pictures on our adventure.

We went back to the hotel and got our free drink of tree, could have gotten alcohol if we wanted, but both got tea and headed back up to the room.

I didn't want to pass out too early, but I passed out before 10:00pm.

Last edited:

Looking forward to the rest of your report!! We want to go to DL TOkyo in 2018!! We would fly from Newark on United-- looks like that is what you did!
I think I read a cruise report that you did a few years ago when I was planning our Dream B2B...

Looking forward to the rest of your report!! We want to go to DL TOkyo in 2018!! We would fly from Newark on United-- looks like that is what you did!
I think I read a cruise report that you did a few years ago when I was planning our Dream B2B...
that is how we flew, thanks for following along. It'll be a long one, with lots of pictures

November 5th, 2016

So today we all were up around 4:00am, yeah jet lag much? We all drank some coffee and got ready and we headed to Denny's for breakfast. Last time we found Denny's and it is a great place for breakfast in Japan, so we wanted to go back. I got this

Dad and Mom both got this

After Breakfast we walked back to the hotel, but before we went to the room we went to a supermarket called Asakusa Don. Quijote and picked up some things. I found the protein/workout section. I started with a personal trainer a year ago and loved working out ever since.

We headed back to the room and finished getting ready and then we headed over to Shibuya Crossing.

We then headed to Takeashit Dori Street and went to the 100 yen store and walked around there a while.

We decided to walk over to the Meiji Shrine now.

We decided to head back to the hotel after this. So took the subway back.

We stopped for lunch before though. I got Curry and Dad and Mom got Tempura

the meals were alright, but not great

After lunch we headed back to the hotel. My mom and I stayed in the hotel room and rested and Dad went to see where we would need to go in Tokyo Station in a few days and buy tickets? I know I fell asleep till around 4:30pm since that's when mom and I heard drumming from the streets below, they were having parade or festival of some sort. Dad got back and we relaxed a bit more then my dad and I went out for a walk and some dinner. We were going to walk to Tokyo Tower, but it was pretty far, but we took some pictures on our adventure.

We decided we were hungry and decided to see about some food. We went to a conveyor belt sushi place which was just right. We weren't quite sure what to do and it must have looked like it, because the young lady sitting next to me started showing me what to do lol. Very nice and helpful, I nodded and said thank you.

belly's full we headed to Lawson's for some drinks, then we got some fish pastry cake and shared it before heading back to the hotel.

We headed back to the room and I got dressed and ready for bed then listened to my iPod till I passed out.

November 6th, 2016

We woke up pretty early again today, which was fine. We drank our coffee ad got ready for the day. We headed to Denny's again for breakfast

I'm telling you it's great and you can get Japanese breakfast or American style.

We took some pictures before we got our breakfast.

I got this for breakfast today

Dad got the same type of drink and side of pancakes, but different main dish.

Mom got the Japanese Breakfast like the day before, no picture. After breakfast we went back to the hotel.

We finished getting ready for the day.

Today we were doing what my mom wanted to do and that was go to the Edo Museum. So we left and headed there. With the subway it took a while to get there because of the transfer and walking, but the transit system in Japan is so easy. So we got to the museum and enjoyed.

more pictures from the Edo Museum.

I saw olden day weights, I started training and working out a year ago so I had to pretend to be working out.

We went to the gift shop and mom bought a few goodies and then we headed out. Long escalator going in and out.

We decided to head to Tokyo Tower and grab some lunch there. Don't know why I didn't seem to take any pictures. We got Udon Noodles for lunch. After lunch we walked around there a bit and then decided to head back to the hotel. We got back to the hotel and my mom and I rested again while dad went to fill up our cards for the subway with money and buy tickets for the bullet train. I know I took a nap during that time. We heard drums from the street below and it was a parade. Here's a view around when we heard them.

Dad must have taken a few pictures when he was out.

Dad got back and we decided to grab some Okonomiyaki. Mom stayed in the room again enjoying my laptop and internet. While dad and I enjoyed dinner.

Hiroshima style Okonomiyaki.

After dinner we walked around

I can't remember what we did, but think we headed back to the hotel after a while and can't remember how early or late we all fell asleep

Following!

I love okonomiyaki! We stayed in Asakusa too and I had researched an okonomiyaki place (not sure if it's the same one), but we didn't get a chance to go. :(

Following!

I love okonomiyaki! We stayed in Asakusa too and I had researched an okonomiyaki place (not sure if it's the same one), but we didn't get a chance to go. :(
Okonomiyaki is my favorite meal at home, more later in this report about a better type

November 7th, 2016

Once again we woke up early and got ready for the day.

We headed to Denny's for another breakfast. I got this and didn't get pictures of what my Dad and mom got.

After breakfast we went shopping at Don.Quijote again and then headed back to the room finished getting ready and then went to see the Sensoji Temple again, we walked around the area and did a little shopping.

We headed back to the hotel, checked out, and headed over to Tokyo Station since we were catching the bullet train to Kyoto today. We waited around, grabbed some food, mom bought some tokyo bananas and we went to get on the train. We got tickets in the green car? Here's some pictures from the trip with is about 2 and a half hours.

We got to the kyoto station and found the shuttle for The Westin Miyako where we were staying and took it there. We checked in and went to the room. Got some pictures of the room and view.

We rested up a bit after our day of traveling, then headed off to Lawson's down the street to grab some food for dinner and breakfast in the morning. Got a picture of our door before going.

I don't have pictures of what my Dad or Mom got for dinner, but mom got a salad and dad got a sandwich. I got a Egg Salad sandwich.

We stayed in for the night and relaxed. Don't know when we all went to bed. I tried to workout, but my knees were killing me from all the weight in bags I was carrying so I didn't do that.

November 8th, 2016

So we all woke up early again today. We were in Kyoto which is a great city and place. Last time in 2014 we only were here one day this time we had 5 days which was great. Took a few pictures of room and view.

I had this for breakfast which was so yummy, love the pastry's and can coffee. Mom and Dad had coffee that's not canned and other types of pastry's all from Lawson's

We all got ready for the day and then headed out to start today's adventure.

I can't believe the difference between your Sensoji pictures and mine. You couldn't see a piece of footpath in my. There were people everywhere! I would have loved to be able to see it and enjoy it properly without the crowds.

Don Quixote is one of my favorite shops to visit in Japan. They've calmed down a bit and don't have the floor to ceiling piles of items they were famous for 10 years ago, but still have a variety.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter