January WISH, Journey into January with hope and joy!

Thankful for the wonderful teachers that work with DS7 and DD. DS7 is in a co-taught classroom and the special ed teacher is meeting with him once a week for some supplemental work. And we just got a notification that DD's speech device trial is ending and the therapist thinks it's a good fit so we are THIS CLOSE to it being officially hers!

Thankful it's almost the weekend...I have officially worked in some capacity for 11 days straight. After tomorrow I am taking a well deserved weekend off!

Currently sitting at the ferry dock with a car full of stuff… woohoo!

Saturday it is cleaning the garage, making a last trip to the dump and getting ready for the trip up Sunday, which will be outdoors stuff like pots and planters. I’ll also be done packing Saturday, except for the things I’ll need for the week.

It’s challenging to take in that today the house is mine and Port Townsend becomes my home… it has all happened so quickly and yet it has also been a very long three weeks to get to this point. I am tired, but also very happy.

The last two days I have eaten my weight in junk food. Why do I do that?! One reason is it was just sooo good and the other reason is I think I'm starting to get a bug: sore throat, ears are there, a bit of a cough, tired, but everything not quite to the "sick" stage.

The only thing happening this weekend is a section of fence being replaced. Our neighbor arranged it so we just watch and write a check! I have a feeling I'll do that in my jammies since I plan to be a vegetable this weekend.

The last two days I have eaten my weight in junk food. Why do I do that?! One reason is it was just sooo good and the other reason is I think I'm starting to get a bug: sore throat, ears are there, a bit of a cough, tired, but everything not quite to the "sick" stage.

The only thing happening this weekend is a section of fence being replaced. Our neighbor arranged it so we just watch and write a check! I have a feeling I'll do that in my jammies since I plan to be a vegetable this weekend.
Feel better.

I'm so relieved to have survived the week. The first round of standardized assessments are done, and the second round of a new assessment begins next week at the same time as doing report cards, potential retention letters to parents, and SRBI (Scientific Research Based Intervention) referrals. We have a serious schedule change which is NOT developmentally appropriate and a new high stakes intervention program starting as well. The one thing that could and should be put off a couple of weeks is the standardized testing. Why that needs to happen at the same time as everything else is beyond me. It's clear that the Decision Makers have not set foot in a classroom in a very long time, because they don't get how outrageous their demands are.

To say that I feel like the district is piling it on is an understatement. Teachers are quitting and retiring by the droves. The unreasonable demands made on us have a lot to do with why. DD has a terrible cold, and I'm really trying hard not to catch it. Stress usually leads to me getting sick, and I'm hoping that I'm able to get through next week and remain healthy.

My administrator also planned on observing me this week. I mean...come on!!!:rolleyes2 I requested that she put it off until the following week and she thankfully agreed.

Needless to say, I haven't been sleeping well...my brain won't turn off. I was up at 3:45 this morning. I'm ready for lunch, and it's not even 8:00 yet!!!

Got woken up earlier than planned when, after the boys came down stairs, we heard water running upstairs. DS10 went up to find DD in the bathroom at the sink. He turned off the water then shouted DD's peeing! She almost had it...was standing directly next to the toilet with her pull up off...so close and yet so far.

Later today is DS7's first Reconciliation and then we are going to see "jagged little pill" tonight. I'm looking forward to the show but it's been plagued with technical issues so we'll see how it goes.

Think I am going to order the curtains we got for our room for the kids rooms...hoping the blackout function will help them stay in bed past 6 once the spring rolls around.

I'm actually surprised by this score... I did some pretty good guessing.

1674319063311.png

Another surprise for this morning... I got on the scale expecting to be up more from the last weigh in, but I've lost the +1 and another pound, so I am at -5 for January.

Yesterday I was unpacking the car when the gal who lives across the street was driving away, she saw me and stopped/backed up to say hello... now that's the small town life I'm looking for!

I am treating myself with a trip to The Container Store, one last time. The kitchen cabinets are original to the house - so 1940's style - and I want to look around and get ideas on how to best organize them.

Last edited:
@ShannyMcB DD is going to get the hang of potty training so quick once she realizes what she’s supposed to do!! Also, for the sleeping in-have you seen the little bedside clocks that you set to a certain time and they light up when the kids are “allowed” to wake up? My niece has one and it seems to help her stay in bed a bit more!

Happy Sunday!!! I hope each of you finds some relaxation today!!!

View attachment 733926
I agree, especially after the extremely stressful week I just had.

I woke up with one stuffed up nostril and a scratchy throat. Between my DD having a cold (negative Covid test) and ALL of the sick children and staff in every corner of my school plus administration piling on the demands during an already busy time of year, I suppose it was inevitable. I just wish the powers that be would realize that teachers can only manage so much before we break.

At least I can do my report cards at home in a peaceful environment.

Was pretty stressed about the timings for things today but all is flowing smoothly. After we unload we’ll have time for a nice lunch before I have to head back. I’m hoping we’ll be able to get in to a Chinese place that has a special menu for Lunar New Year.

Weather is nice again today, making all the driving more enjoyable.

@Summer2018 I hope you feel better ❤️
@Oneanne so glad your move is going well-enjoy your Chinese food!!

We skipped church this morning which feels very odd, I can’t remember the last time we didn’t go to church but I did watch online. It certainly was not the same.

DD is not feeling the greatest today just some muscle aches nothing major but she’s sound asleep with a variety of heating pads at the moment. She says she’s going to youth group this evening so we will see.

I did small dog walking today and got done before the rain started-it just started pouring which is probably what contributed to DDs aches (her fusion often gets painful in the cold/damp weather)

We decided to watch Princess and the Frog to get us excited for the retheming of splash mountain. We are both pretty emotionally attached to the ride and somehow tik tock knows this 🤣 and has been spamming us with “last ride” videos. We knew our last ride was in November, but watching other people take their last rides is emotional!!!

That being said, I know the new ride is going to be amazing. So much they can do with the movie, it’s going to be great! Rewatching the movie today definitely confirmed that for us!!

I hope everyone’s Sunday is going great!

Had a nice, restful weekend and I am feeling better. Being a sloth is good!

The scale yesterday was not good, and that is my "official" reading. Today I looked just to see what it would be and it is one pound less. It'll be interesting to see what it is next Saturday!

DH and I were beginning to plan our July vacation. Not that we don't have a wedding in March as well as spring break to plan! Airfare and hotel are booked for DS2's wedding and as far as I know that's all we need to do--except I need to buy a dress! I despise shopping so will put that off for a while, plus I don't know what color to get. Need to chat with the bride!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter