January/February 2018 discounts, who else is in?

Once I had my special booked with the disney visa I was able to go into the reservation online and change the resort and kept the disney visa Rate. If you are moving from one special offer
to another you will have to call. Don't think you can combine offers.

It isn't technically a special offer...it was a standard rate room with no discounts. There is a note in your account that you get the gift card, and it is combinable with any discounts. But if I try to do the change reservation link, it only offers the gift of magic offer, not the disney visa, and I am not sure how to get that to pull up.

It isn't technically a special offer...it was a standard rate room with no discounts. There is a note in your account that you get the gift card, and it is combinable with any discounts. But if I try to do the change reservation link, it only offers the gift of magic offer, not the disney visa, and I am not sure how to get that to pull up.
Visa discounts can be accessed online via the following link: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/visa-room-booking/

Thank you, yes, I don't think I am wording myself very well. I can make a new reservation no problem, but can't seem to access the disney visa discounts when I go to modify an existing one.
I'd try this - while logged in access the link, then attempt to modify your existing reservation in the same browser session and see if it is an option. Once you've accessed the link your cookies may register and make it available as an option on your existing reservation.

If that doesn't work you'll need to call.

I'd try this - while logged in access the link, then attempt to modify your existing reservation in the same browser session and see if it is an option. Once you've accessed the link your cookies may register and make it available as an option on your existing reservation.

If that doesn't work you'll need to call.
Thanks, I will try that!

I think I figured it out, I made the deposit way back in March before we had the Disney Visa, and the details stated you have to use the Visa for the discount. Oh well, thanks for the info!
You can change to the visa discount and qualify on an existing reservation by making a $200 payment on your Disney visa now. Many people have done that.

EDIT: is there any particular reason you are not calling to just get this handled??

Anyone else waiting on passholder rates?
I had booked our March trip last year with the general public discount. When the passholder discount came out with a bigger discount, I called and had them apply the passholder discount to our reservation. It was great and saved us a lot of money. :)

The discounts have been so skimpy and sporadic this time I have seriously made and canceled 3 reservations (as of now am on #4).

I am glad Disney makes it easy to cancel them, but it has been seriously annoying. I remember someone describing the whole process as playing a game of whack-a-mole, and that is exactly how this has been. It is so frustrating!

anyone have any guess as to when (or even whether) they will release passholder discounts??
They released the passholder discounts that included our March 2017 trip on or about October 21, 2016. I have an email confirmation from Disney dated 10/21/16 that states that I got the passholder rate.

Just FYI, rooms are finally showing up for POP over marathon weekend. I had to book 4 separate reservations to cover my entire stay, but I was able to get a room for Friday night, and Saturday night! Just sharing because a lot of people are looking for POP so maybe someone else will have some luck!

Happy days!! I've checked non stop for a POR Stay, play dine deal. However it was always only available Sunday - Thursday of our stay. Hence we were going to do a split today. This morning I checked again, and there was Stay, play, dine available for our entire stay Sunday - Monday.

I've got not idea if they opened up availability due to people being unhappy about the pet policy. But I'm so glad something finally popped up.

Happy days!! I've checked non stop for a POR Stay, play dine deal. However it was always only available Sunday - Thursday of our stay. Hence we were going to do a split today. This morning I checked again, and there was Stay, play, dine available for our entire stay Sunday - Monday.

I've got not idea if they opened up availability due to people being unhappy about the pet policy. But I'm so glad something finally popped up.

I've been checking like crazy for POR! I need to get creative with different configurations of days on a split stay. This year is harder than ever, it seems.

Well, we are almost finished booking. There have been several mistakes on the confirmations, so we go back and forth fixing them. We have one more fix and we are all set for a split stay with a travel agent. Could not get the PSD deal, but did really well with the travel agent, so we are happy!

I just used a pin code for the very first time! Got CBR for $124 a night end of January. Something called "Enchanting Room Offer". I'll take it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter