January 5, 2013 Fantasy Cruise to the Western Caribbean

A year seems like a long time but will be worth the wait I'm sure.This will be our second cruise (we sailed on the Magic in 2006).I am Jeff and will be joined by my DW (Ellen)DD (Emily 20)and DS (Jeffrey 25).Looking forward to following this thread thought the next year and getting to know as many of you as I can.

Howdy and Welcome Jeff and Family,
That name should not be hard to remember since it is our son's name. If you enjoyed the Magic then you will enjoy the Fantasy. My wife, Lynn, and I did the Dream this past April and will be doing it again in March of 2012. The Dream is definitely a nice improvement. The only thing we did not like was that the family pool and the children's pool areas were combined to be in the same area of the ship, midship. Two pools in that area made for a very crowded experience. Other than that we expect the Fantasy to carry on with the DCL tradition of a great ship and very good service. :yay:

Chris

:santa: Christmas is almost done :sad1: so it's now time to focus on this cruise. :laundy:

Well, add us to the list. As of right now there are only 3 of us to include myself (55), DW (54), and youngest DD (18). Undecided is my DS (22) and oldest DD (28)... We'll see on those two. My DM is thinking strongly about coming also.

I am a retired school teacher, now a full time travel agent just opening my own store, and very much hoping there will be a travel agent familiarization cruise on the Fantasy so I can report first hand all the newest additions to the new ship. If that doesn't happen, this cruise will be more of a working one.

Not sure if you guys had heard the Fantasy was recently damaged due to vandals opening a water valve flooding the chamber the ship is being built in. Reports are there was 1.2 million in damage, but will not delay delivery or the January 7th float out.

Anyhow, looking forward to this one.

Well, add us to the list. As of right now there are only 3 of us to include myself (55), DW (54), and youngest DD (18). Undecided is my DS (22) and oldest DD (28)... We'll see on those two. My DM is thinking strongly about coming also.

I am a retired school teacher, now a full time travel agent just opening my own store, and very much hoping there will be a travel agent familiarization cruise on the Fantasy so I can report first hand all the newest additions to the new ship. If that doesn't happen, this cruise will be more of a working one.

Not sure if you guys had heard the Fantasy was recently damaged due to vandals opening a water valve flooding the chamber the ship is being built in. Reports are there was 1.2 million in damage, but will not delay delivery or the January 7th float out.

Anyhow, looking forward to this one.

Hello Coach (Ret.),
I thought I had replied earler but I do not see it here. :confused3
Where abouts in Rhode Island are you? I was born in Woonsocket. When growing up my brother and I spent summers in Woonsocket and North Smithfield visiting the grandparents.

Hello everyone,

We have decided that we will be attempting to sail on the Jan 5th, 2013 Fantasy Western cruise :goodvibes

The plan, to go with DH, DD (14) and DD 13. Also joining us, will be my parents and sister (21). Possibly joining in on the fun, DH's sister and kids (17) and (14).

The problem...Both DH and I are in the Canadian military and we have to ensure we are not on training, deployed, tasked out and can take leave for that time frame. :upsidedow So, needless to say there will be a lot of finger crossing and lurking until we can detemine if we can get the time to go and then if there is room left on she ship by the time we find out. :)

So, hello everyone, we hope to be joining you on the cruise, I hope you don't mind if I pop in every so often and chat. This will be our second DC, the first one was on the Magic in Dec 2005. We can't wait to go again!!

Hi Everyone,

I (James) will be getting married on the 1/5/13 cruise to my beautiful and wonderful fiance Krystyna!! We just booked everything this weekend, so we should be starting the wedding coordination with DCL soon!

I believe our whole party is 24 people at the moment and I think we have all the rooms on deck 9 between the fore and mid elevators reserved on the starboard side of the ship :)

This will be our 2nd cruise together, but my DS is the cruising pro. She's currently departing on the Wonder as we speak for MR.

Can't wait for it!

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!!!!!!! Official 365 countdown coming soon!!!!!!

I need help with my computer skills- I was able to use the quote icon before but now when I try I type everything out and it doest work-any ideas?

Linda

Hello everyone,

We have decided that we will be attempting to sail on the Jan 5th, 2013 Fantasy Western cruise :goodvibes

The plan, to go with DH, DD (14) and DD 13. Also joining us, will be my parents and sister (21). Possibly joining in on the fun, DH's sister and kids (17) and (14).

The problem...Both DH and I are in the Canadian military and we have to ensure we are not on training, deployed, tasked out and can take leave for that time frame. :upsidedow So, needless to say there will be a lot of finger crossing and lurking until we can detemine if we can get the time to go and then if there is room left on she ship by the time we find out. :)

So, hello everyone, we hope to be joining you on the cruise, I hope you don't mind if I pop in every so often and chat. This will be our second DC, the first one was on the Magic in Dec 2005. We can't wait to go again!!

Crossing fingers with you. :hippie:

Happy New year everyonepixiedust: I am Ellen, tigger2u's DW. We are so excited about this cruise and sailing on the new ship!!! When we cruised in 2006 on the Magic, we didn't really do any extra excursions, other than exploring the ports on our own, so we are really looking forward to taking part in some fun adventures!

We were also interested in joining a fish extenders group if anyone was organizing one, we have never done this before, but from what I've read here on the Dis, they look like fun!

It is 26 degrees here in Md, so it's nice to think about swaying in a hammock under a palm tree,drinking a konk cooler on Castaway Cay:thumbsup2:beach:

Happy New year everyonepixiedust: I am Ellen, tigger2u's DW.

We were also interested in joining a fish extenders group if anyone was organizing one, we have never done this before, but from what I've read here on the Dis, they look like fun!

It is 26 degrees here in Md, so it's nice to think about swaying in a hammock under a palm tree,drinking a konk cooler on Castaway Cay:thumbsup2:beach:

Welcome aboard! :thumbsup2

I am sure that the FE group will be started for this cruise. It is a really fun exercise and I am sure you love it. :grouphug:

It's a cool 70 degress here in Florida! :rolleyes1

Hi All!

I'm jlamanna's DS-- got him started with the Disney cruising bug! Can't wait to cruise on the Fantasy: it will make all 4 ships for us as well, as we just did the MR on the Wonder (previously DD on the Dream and Western Carib on the Magic).

Can't wait to hear all about the Fantasy: I'll be interested in hearing what changes they've made since the Dream. I was a bit disappointed to see it doesn't look like they changed the adult pool: I like the adult pool on the Magic/Wonder better than the Dream.

I just booked this cruise a few days ago for myself, James, and our son Tyler and daughter Isabelle whom we call "Belle."

This will be our first time cruising. I know a lot about Disney World since I've been there several times, but don't know much about DCL, so I intend to read over the DCL TR's and pay extra special attention to Western Caribbean intineraries and future TR's of the Fantasy.

We will be celebrating Tyler's 9th birthday on the cruise. His actual birthday is January 1...my New Year's baby. Isabelle will be turning 2 a few weeks after we come home, so perhaps we'll just celebrate her birthday as well.

I look forward to meeting you all and learning how to plan every little tiny itty bitty detail of this trip.

Just call me Carrie. I don't know if there is a way to edit your username on here or not, I'm assuming not. But I haven't really been TyTy's Mommy in a while. He grew out of that nickname a while back.

Hi all! My name is Morgan and I, along with my family, will be going on this cruise with you guys!!
We are going to spend a week before the cruise at WDW and then go on this cruise :)
Going with me is DH(Joel,19)...DS(Jordan,11 mnths)...DMom(ShannonR)...DDad(Rick)...DBrother(Mitchell,16)...and DSister(Melissa,8)
I'm super exited! Because not only will this be Jordans first time to Disney but my DH's first time as well!! :D

Hi all! My name is Morgan and I, along with my family, will be going on this cruise with you guys!!
We are going to spend a week before the cruise at WDW and then go on this cruise :)
Going with me is DH(Joel,19)...DS(Jordan,11 mnths)...DMom(ShannonR)...DDad(Rick)...DBrother(Mitchell,16)...and DSister(Melissa,8)
I'm super exited! Because not only will this be Jordans first time to Disney but my DH's first time as well!! :D

Hi Morgan!

How exciting for you and your family, what a great intro to Disney! WDW and the cruise is the best vacation ever!! When we went on our first cruise, we spent a week in WDW 1st then a eastern cruise, this time we are switching it up and taking the cruise first and then WDW! we are all so excited! :woohoo:

Hello MorganR,
Welcome. :wave2: I don't know if anyone has cruised before, but if not and as time goes by you will learn a lot from those who have cruised, especially the DCL. Just ask and you will get an answer.
Lynn and I were stationed at Chase Naval Air Station at Beeville, up the road from you all down there, when I was in the Navy. Loved it in that part of Texas.

Chris

Hello everyone!! My name is ShannonR and I am MorganR's mom! :love: We will be sailing on this cruise as well. We were originally planning to sail on the 12/29/12 cruise, but because of DS's school schedule, we had to change things around a bit and will now be sailing on 1/5/13. Along with this cruise, we will be visiting WDW prior to cruising.....yay!!

Our family consists of me (Shannon), DH Rick, DD Morgan19, DSIL Joel 19, DS Mitchell16, DD Melissa8 :cutie: and our newest addition as of 1/14/12 DGS Jordan11 months :angel:

I can't wait to get to know all of you in the upcoming months!! This vacation can't come fast enough for our family haha;)

Shannon

Hello everyone!! My name is ShannonR and I am MorganR's mom! :love: We will be sailing on this cruise as well. We were originally planning to sail on the 12/29/12 cruise, but because of DS's school schedule, we had to change things around a bit and will now be sailing on 1/5/13. Along with this cruise, we will be visiting WDW prior to cruising.....yay!!

Our family consists of me (Shannon), DH Rick, DD Morgan19, DSIL Joel 19, DS Mitchell16, DD Melissa8 :cutie: and our newest addition as of 1/14/12 DGS Jordan11 months :angel:

I can't wait to get to know all of you in the upcoming months!! This vacation can't come fast enough for our family haha;)

Shannon

Welcome Aboard to the whole family. :thumbsup2

Looking forward to learning more about you all in the coming months. :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter