January 29, 2022 - 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise on the Disney Fantasy

Me and my hubby are going! Nervous about port testing (and flying in from Seattle), but we have been home since the 8th. Not leaving the house until we fly out the 28th. Crossing our fingers. I could really use a vacation!

Me and my hubby are going! Nervous about port testing (and flying in from Seattle), but we have been home since the 8th. Not leaving the house until we fly out the 28th. Crossing our fingers. I could really use a vacation!
See you there! Well, that's the plan, anyway - lol. Wondering what they're going to do in lieu of stopping at Grand Cayman? No communication about that from DCL yet.

I'm curious to know how this trip goes for you guys, since it's scheduled to leave in a week. Keep postin' and let 'us' know how the cruise goes, protocols and all please!! Have a great time!

The itinerary has changed. No Grand Cayman or Falmouth. But If you are scheduled on this cruise you would have gotten the email today. Sounds like low crowds which should be fun! I should be packing this week but I'm not. But I wanted to wish everyone who IS going a great trip and yes, would love to hear what I missed . . . I'm sad . . . . Ahoy mateys!

The itinerary has changed. No Grand Cayman or Falmouth. But If you are scheduled on this cruise you would have gotten the email today. Sounds like low crowds which should be fun! I should be packing this week but I'm not. But I wanted to wish everyone who IS going a great trip and yes, would love to hear what I missed . . . I'm sad . . . . Ahoy mateys!
On the 29th cruise. Trying to decide to cancel and wait or just go. The itinerary didn't look great. We are disappointed to have castaway cay on the 3rd day. No excursions to book at Costa Maya. Since we have never been we don't know what to expect and what will be available once on board. Also everything on cozumel is sold out. Or showing that because they don't know what will be available. Though I love to relax, I don't want to go to just sit around all day everyday. What do you all think? I might mention we do not have small children its our 2 adult children and us.

So what did you decide to do??? I went to Florida just for a couple days and it was great to have a change of scenery. Since you have never been, you don't know what is different. And it's a beautiful ship with lovely cabins and an fresh ocean breeze. I hope you are on your way!

Curious to hear what the cruise is like and how the experience is. We had to cancel due to my daughter being exposed and having a high fever (at 13 days out). Easy to call up and cancel and get money back (we booked with Costco). But given the port changes and the reports of underwhelming SWDAS experience, I'm feeling like we aren't going to be missing out completely. Will just have to do a different one another time! We are making a swap of plans and going to Legoland/Disneyland instead, so kids are still excited...just not what we planned!

Hello everyone. Got off the ship yesterday. It was second cruise with DCL, both were 7 days trips on Fantasy. First upon arrival the tugged luggage was collected by terminal employee, and everyone sent in groups to Covid-19 testing in first tent. After that is 30 to 45 minutes of waiting for results in the second tent. Mostly nerve racking, agonizingly long stressful stretch of time! On TV screen names will appear with either clear for boarding ( referring to Monsters Inc movie if future technologies could collect and use the steam that was coming out of all cruiser’s ears, the coal running and even nuclear power plants will become obsolete… of course that’s if we can’t overcome the freaking virus before that! ) . That was applicable to most of guests. But on the other side of the screen were family names that directed to testing company table. And that is totally different story. The ship was 50% full or so, there were still lines to popular events and dinner venues, but nothing comparable to good old times . Ship left the Cape Canaveral port on the second try because first time around was stopped due to one of crew members required ambulance run on non-Covid-19 issue. Every single crew member supposed to be up to date on vaccinations and gets daily testing in the morning. The pool times were limited for everyone, group will go, after them leaving, another one will be let in. Weather did not cooperate at the last port-of-call and ship was turned around without docking at Costa Maya. Even worse felt stopping for 2 hours in the bay by port of Cozumel for another medical emergency ( would have been great to go there again, instead it just turned into another day at sea) . Also at first two stops (Nassau and Castaway Cay)the normal tropical winter weather was colder that normal , another bummer for the pool lovers. Going south towards Youcatan peninsula tremendously helped. Also the selection of food at Cabana’s restaurant on 11th floor at least during breakfast and lunch was smaller on cold cuts, compared with previous cruise. Service was absolutely great everywhere I went! Debarkation was quick, organized and uneventful.

Thanks for letting us know how it went! I was sad that entire week. I booked for the Merrytime Cruise on Dec 3rd and really hope things are semi normal? Maybe no port testing and a few more nibbles to choose from at Cabanas. When I did a trans Atlantic on the Magic, every day has a little section of ethnic food - like Mexican one day and quasi Indian the next. With an 11 day cruise, it was nice they mixed it up a bit. Always nice to have something to look forward to and on this cruise I only had to pay half the amount of the Deposit. DCL must be sitting on a huge amount of cash. Thanks again B!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter