January 2021 W.I.S.H. - New Year, New Goals

We've got another rain event going on today but I think I heard we'll get a break over the weekend, so I've been trying to think of what to do to make good use of it. I'm paying close attention to my reactions/responses to national events and what I need to do for myself to process and getting out-of-doors time in is going to be extra important.

The Christmas decor is all down except the tree... every time I've started with it I end up moving ornaments around, not taking them off, but it will come down this weekend. Time to make room for Spring.

My 60 day window for ADRs is coming up and I'm going to go ahead and book some things, but still haven't decided whether or not I"m going.

Last edited:
I'm on my lunch break now. The kids were rowdy today...no doubt gearing up for coming back on Monday. God help me. When they misbehave virtually, all I have to do is hit the mute button. Unfortunately that has not been invented for use in the classroom. I have one more session this afternoon, then I'm done for the week.

Tomorrow I have to get an oil change even though my Escape still has another 2,000 miles to go. The indicator message came on, so I guess that even though I haven't put on 3,000 miles this year, the vehicle still needs an oil change. It is a lease, so I have to do everything correctly. I will be turning it in in May, and most likely leasing a new one.

We cancelled WDW for July because we stay at the Poly and spend about $8,000 to go. With the limited experiences, lack of
fast passes, and all of the Covid stuff, we thought we should put WDW off for another time...most likely when DD gets engaged and we need to book her wedding.

We booked Margaritaville Resort in Hollywood, Florida for the same dates and got two deluxe ocean front rooms for less then one standard room at the Poly. We are using our credit with American Airlines for our flights. We will cancel the trip if all of us cannot get the vaccine. Hopefully before July, we will all be able to be vaccinated so that we can go.

Hi to everyone. I am functioning on very little sleep as 13 year old was having issues Thursday night and did not get to bed until after 5 AM closer to 6 so I didn't get to sleep until almost 7. I had to get up at 10:45 in order to get everyone moving to be out the door between 11:30 and 11:45 so we could stop by the bank and do an ATM withdrawal on our way into homeschool bowling. We didn't end up leaving until 12:10 but at least we were not leaving at 12:40 and ended up being late like we often do because both DH and the girls especially 13 year old tend to run behind on things. I ran to the credit union and to pick up a Michael's order while DH went in with the girls to bowling. He called me when they started the last game. Once I got there I went in to find that 13 year old was not bowling. There had been loud music playing and she had a complete shut down and ended up needing to just play on her ipad to keep from going into a melt down from the noise. She was able to get through one of their 3 games. Stopped by the grocery store to pick up a couple of items. Had some guy pull up beside me on the passenger side and indicate for me to put the window down-since it is a crank I had 15 year old put it down. He told me he was behind me at the light and I didn't have any breaklights. Plan was to go to the automotive parts store to get something for DH's car so I mentioned it to him so we could get those. Did that stop and then got my weekly items from the coffee shop. Came home and enjoyed those before taking a 3 hours nap.

Don't you hate it when you go to bed and two hours later you're still awake? That's where I am. Only we're coming up on three hours since I went to bed. I finally just got up and started surfing the web, usually I read, but have been doing that a lot lately so opted for a change! I think I may look for some melatonin next time I'm at a store.

Today I unexpectedly had to go into work to help out with a project. I called DS2 and made him babysit the twins! Fortunately he can come back on Monday when I have a training.

I did not do my walk since I was feeling pretty good about getting a break from everything while I was at work! :cutie: Really need to plan some meals because I'm tired of making something up every day so far in 2021!

Who will you reach out to today?

Honestly, I plan to cocoon today because I "peopled" all week, (Homeschool for the littles started back up, so I am tired.)

Had some guy pull up beside me on the passenger side...He told me he was behind me at the light and I didn't have any breaklights.

It's nice that strangers still look out for each other, even in these crazy times.

It's nice that strangers still look out for each other, even in these crazy times.
[/QUOTE]

It is one of the nicer things about living in a place like Montana. Even in one of our cities there is still very much a small town helpfulness towards others. Only difference is you don't need to lock your vehicle during zuchinni season when you go to the post office like you do in the smaller towns-not that anyone is going to steel your vehicle in a lot of places even if you leave the keys in it and running. The danger is more in finding a number zuchinni in your back or passenger seat. It grows abudantly so everyone has excess of it.

Well it is after 5:30 AM and I finally think that 13 year old is asleep and going to stay asleep so I am going to get some sleep myself before I get up and at least run in and pick up the Michael's order I placed on Friday as it has some of 15 year old's Ephiany gift that we are celebtrating on Saturday due to a busy schedule plus 13 year old's gift did not arrive until the 7th. Plan is to come back home and get some more sleep after but I want to get to town before the traffic gets too bad with all the people who work during the week running errands plus everyone from futher out of town that they are not working here during the week and stopping to get some items while they are already here. This includes an influx of people from Northern Wyoming-basically if it is 3-5 hours or less you will see plates from both MT and WY counties.

I’m in more of a hunker down mood as well. I’ve decided self care should be on managing the messes that I can. So far I’ve sorted thru my clothing and cleaned out the spice cabinet. Today I’ll do the bathroom and more kitchen cabinets. Tomorrow I’ll be making a trip to Goodwill. The tree is down so all that’s left of Christmas is a few poinsettias. It seems so long ago now.

My weekends have been very different now that the kids have their licenses (and we’re still in the pandemic). I don’t really have to go anywhere. It’s just a little strange to go from rushing around all the time to a sudden stop. But I’m trying to use that time to focus on me. Today I will meal prep for the week. I also plan to start a new book (I finished the newest Janet Evanovich book). I’m not much of a cold weather person, but might try to go for a short walk just to get outdoors. But it’s mostly a low-key day of rest.

My weekends have been very different now that the kids have their licenses (and we’re still in the pandemic). I don’t really have to go anywhere. It’s just a little strange to go from rushing around all the time to a sudden stop. But I’m trying to use that time to focus on me. Today I will meal prep for the week. I also plan to start a new book (I finished the newest Janet Evanovich book). I’m not much of a cold weather person, but might try to go for a short walk just to get outdoors. But it’s mostly a low-key day of rest.
I have at-home chores to get done before tomorrow. I’m savoring the Janet Evanovich book. It could easily be read in a day or two, but I enjoy being immersed in the story so much. I don’t want to finish it.

I slept super well last night! So nice.

Today I'm making the twins clean their room. There is lots of shouting going on in there! "You throw it away. NO! You do it!" Christmas presents and lots of other junk were still on the floor and they have a birthday later this week, so a good time to clean! I had to go in there and remind twin1 that all books go on the bookshelf, so it looks like a library, not a stack! Dealing with ADHD brains drives me crazy!

Today I'm doing some light cleaning (twins are doing heavy cleaning in their room--ha). Not a whole lot else planned. Twin2 wanted to ride her bike at a park this weekend. We may do that later in the afternoon, unless they deem it too cold.

Weight was up a couple ounces yesterday. Not a big surprise. What was a big surprise was I had the annual doctor appointment in the afternoon and their scale said five pounds more than mine! That was unpleasant. Still in onederland, though!! Hoping I can use that difference as motivation for the coming week.

I had a recuction in the amount of Nacho Cheese I had to dip some corn chips in thanks to a cat. Does she know that is not Nacher Cheese but my cheese. I ended up having to toss out that little container which was one of those that comes in a little 4 pack that you take and microwave for about 30 seconds. When I told DH he laughed-not funny mister not one bit funny at all but then she is his cat and the rest of us are just tolerated to open the door for her, turn on the bathtub faucet for her and fill her food dish. Then again maybe she considers us her servants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!