January 2021 last minute trip in times of covid

We did it! We need a snack. The adults need some coffee...

Our new favorite spot just down from Starbucks. We tried to sit at Starbucks, but people ignored the social distancing of the tables and sat literally right on top of us on the planter. I was annoyed at having to leave after stalking for the table, but we liked “our” spot back here off by itself. It had great atmosphere.

The kids wanted their reward so we headed to the store- the ad that originally caught my eye.

The reward for all their hard work- they had three choice to choose from. (Magnets that proudly grace our fridge).

As it was Friday we did have to take a school break so from our expedition we decided we needed another Safari ( which means it tied for most ridden ride). Later in the room they also had to do some Google classroom work.

animal butt569130

The lion sleeps tonight

A quick trip to Everest - we had to encourage our daughter and ride again by trying a different spot in the back- she was willing but didn’t love it.

Now it was lunch time and time for school so we found a spot we had passed earlier, just passed the bird show. It was quiet and didn’t get a lot of traffic so it made a great rest/relax and lunch spot. I got some food back in Africa, but my mom and husband wanted something else so they got stuff back at Yak and Yeti’s fast food option. My phone was school so no lunch pictures, but after the right amount of school and lunch - dessert!

That cupcake is why I had to get my lunch in Africa so I could surprise the kids with the cupcake! We decided to head toward the tree of life from here. We did have a few chuckles about a couple that must have passed by at least 8 times to see if we left yet. I guess they like that hidden spot.

We had to backtrack here because the phone was forgotten at the table ( we knew she did and took it, but we made our daughter go through all the motions of looking for it so she wouldn’t leave it again) while I took my son to the bathroom and got another treat for us later.

It is so pretty! We kept finding more and more animals as we looked.

Also, we watched the Bug’s Life show since we were here.

My kids didn’t reemeber it from DCA because they got rid of it a while ago and were doing movie previews in its space. They were old enough not to be scared unlike when they were 3!

Couldn’t talk my daughter into doing Everest again so we did her favorite... back to Rafikis’ train and drawing. My son was not into drawing so we told him instead of doing the lesson he could make whatever he wanted so he drew the Everest Coaster and some of his other favorites.

Then some birds in the line

To ride the Safari again.

some more animals shots

sometimes the animals get pretty close!

Reactions: DLo
At this point we decided to split into different groups. My mom and I headed with my daughter toward Pandora and my husband took my son to the restroom and back to Everest. My daughter wanted to ride the “banshee ride” and my son Everest, though that was more because my husband wanted to and he was willing.

A quick wave at Mickey as he passes by under the bridge.

Now it was time to split from my mom. She was worried about her back and not interested in another ride so we dropped her off at the store and we made a right to jump in line. It wasn’t super busy, about 45 minutes, but the line actually only took 30 min.

It is so pretty!

Mother daughter bonding- she thought the thing behind us was a banshee-egg.

Not to long later- right as we were about to enter my husband called and said he was almost to Pandora so I had him wait at the entrance so we could meet him for another ride. We had to ride first though! I noticed at this point they were no longer social distancing us in the ride and they filled up every seat versus in the morning when only our party was in the room. Ironic because the line was shorter now.

...more line pictures because it is just so pretty.

My mom had migrated over to the Pandora store and that is where we met her after the ride. We got in maybe 10min before closing so it was pretty cleared out by the time we made it to the store. Decisions decisions. ...We told the kids we would buy them one of those expensive banshee puppets on a string but ironically when we went to actually buy it, the kids didn’t want it. Instead my daughter picked a banshee toy - for half the price yes!- and my son some of the movie character figures. I wasn’t going to complain as they saved me money. My son didn’t want it but my daughter also talked us into this jacket.

The best night shot I got in Pandora.

Heading out and doing the restroom stop- a nice pic of her in the jacket. You can see her banshee which broke and had to be replaced in the store as we were heading out. She began to cry when it’s tail broke off while flying it around the store. A worker took pity on her and replaced it with another in the stores. A little Disney pixie dust. It’s been four months now and she still plays with it, but the figures have lost their appeal for my son.

Reactions: DLo
Some tech issues so here is the pic of the jacket with the banshee.

It was too late to catch any of the tree of life show So we settled for a family selfie to prove we were all there at the same time.

Bye animal kingdom! My kids still talk about Disneyworld and want to know when we will go back... not any time soon $$! My daughter wants an AK here in CA- well at least the other day our park opened again!

Last night -We wanted to go to the pool, but the kids had to do an assessment for school and we had to pack so once again we had a late night but not as late has we had been. We did decide to stop quickly to walk around Jambo house just to see it. If I was staying in a studio, I would stay on this side because it looks more impressive, but that second bathroom is worth it in the one bedroom at Kidani.

The treat I got and saved for later- hubby stole some and it didn’t quite make it out uncrumbled in the backpack. It was delicious too and big enough to share.

It was our last day and we needed to get up early to see if we could get a boarding pass for ROTR. We finished off most of the food we had left for dinner and packed snacks for the park and plane so once we got up all we had to do is get someone to take our things.
It was our last day and we needed to get up early to see if we could get a boarding pass for ROTR. We finished off most of the food we had left for dinner and packed snacks for the park and plane so once we got up all we had to do is get someone to take our things.

Right at 7am we lucked into an early baording pass of 14. So up we got to head into the parks - it didnt open until 9am but we new the ride lines were still opening early so we had dropped off the bags at the bell desk just before 8- it was faster then waiting for them to come and get them.

By 8:40am we were inside the park and heading toward RRC which was opened!

Even though it was a weekend you can see it wasn’t nearly as busy as the week before!

My son has a bad habit of needing the restroom at the worse times - I think he was a little nervous about the roller coaster too. Lucilky the line was outside and right by the ride so he was able to run in really quickly.

My daughter couldn’t decide if she liked it or not, but my son loved the fact that it was a limo. Since it took about 15 minutes and the line was only 20 min we decided to jump back in line again. Nana said it was smooth enough she could ride it again, but my daughter decided she didn’t like the fast take off but it wasn’t too bad. She likes the one at DCA that takes of quickly- kids are so fickle.

We never made it to the Cars show so we had to run over therr and do that before our rise of the resistance time which was almost up.

My son loved it, cars obsessed so it didnt matter what it was if it had Cars, as an adult it was a little lame. My daughter liked it too so I am obviously not its target audience.

Spoilers for ROTR ... it was the next thing we didas ou

I have several pictures from there...you have been warned!!!!

It really is an amazing ride. Worth going all the way to Florida to ride!

Gotta get this thing done!

so we rode ROTR and we were pretty much done. My husband wanted to take the kids to Sci-Fi but the walk in line we just missed right when they opened because we used the restroom and rode Star Tours first. My husband waited for the standby and we went through the stores and picked up some more souvenirs.

Before too long it was lunch time. The kids loved the restaurant but we got the picnic table in the back because all the cars were accounted for in reservations. The food here was excellent and one of the cheaper options so that is why it was so hard to get the reservations.

We had a little bit of time left and with the main rides having 45 minute waits we decided to hit the show with the Mickey shorts.

583329 had some cute backdrop shots!

Another backdrop

It was time to head out, but ypu have to stop and pull the rope for the unattended Indiana Jones show. mini parade was passing by so we had to stop and wait. Plus watch of course.

We caught the bus back but still had some time to kill so we checked out our hotel amenities- the animals and talks with the rangers.

Now it was time to go. The bu left about 3 hours before our flight and we had a stop at Beach Club before the airport. By the time we got there both kids were asleep.

We had a perfect about two hours at the airport before we left. With flights now was busier I wont go into derails but we had a great time. We would love to go back but not worhout some down time in between!

As things are opening more now I hope this is the end of all the covid protocols and happy Disney travels everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!