Meetmeinmontauk

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the official January 2014 thread! Let the countdown begin :yay:

January Travelers
disneylovin24: December 30 - January 6
katmg: January 2 - 8
Meetmeinmontauk: January 4 - 12
MomTo3PrincessesInNJ: January 9 - 12

Our trip is currently booked for June 10 - 13, 2013, but the DH doesn't want to go in June again. We went in June this year, and he doesn't want to deal with crowds like that again. I didn't think they were that bad. If he gets his way, the new dates will be January 7 - 11, 2014. I like the January dates better, since the youngest DS and I will have birthdays on the trip. It'll be the youngest DS's 15th birthday and my 38th. I just don't like taking them out of school.

Our trip is currently booked for June 10 - 13, 2013, but the DH doesn't want to go in June again. We went in June this year, and he doesn't want to deal with crowds like that again. I didn't think they were that bad. If he gets his way, the new dates will be January 7 - 11, 2014. I like the January dates better, since the youngest DS and I will have birthdays on the trip. It'll be the youngest DS's 15th birthday and my 38th. I just don't like taking them out of school.

We have gone in May & August in the past. I'm excited to go during a slower time... but I am most excited about not dealing with the heat :)

We have gone in May & August in the past. I'm excited to go during a slower time... but I am most excited about not dealing with the heat :)

When we went, this past June, we only had to deal with heat on the first day we were there. Every other day of our trip, it rained. I didn't mind the rain because I was scared of the heat and humidity. On our way home though, I started getting sick and was sick for like a week. Our June trip was originally supposed to have been January 2013. Then I caught my DH price checking WDW trips in our locked bedroom. He thought the room only discount was too good to pass up, so we moved the trip to June.

The only thing I'm worried about with going in January, is the weather since we'll be driving. I already have an ADR schedule made, just in case we make the move for sure. I'm just excited to be able to wear the MH scarf I made for the trip to WDW.

Going December 30-January 6 2014 :cool1: Planning to stay in the Wilderness Lodge Villas in 2 studios, but we have to wait another month to book since it is our home resort.

We know that the first two days there will be crazy, but it is a dream of mine to spend New Year's Eve at Disney and we hear it clears out after January 1st. We went back in 2006 that week and it was pretty quiet, so hopefully it has stayed that way :laughing:

When we went, this past June, we only had to deal with heat on the first day we were there. Every other day of our trip, it rained. I didn't mind the rain because I was scared of the heat and humidity. On our way home though, I started getting sick and was sick for like a week. Our June trip was originally supposed to have been January 2013. Then I caught my DH price checking WDW trips in our locked bedroom. He thought the room only discount was too good to pass up, so we moved the trip to June.

The only thing I'm worried about with going in January, is the weather since we'll be driving. I already have an ADR schedule made, just in case we make the move for sure. I'm just excited to be able to wear the MH scarf I made for the trip to WDW.

When did you go this past June? We went later in the month and were there for Tropical Storm Debby. Its the first time we have ever gone during the summer months and everyone thought we were crazy because of the heat. Well, I think it went about 80 once and every other day it was stormy :laughing: The storm didn't bother us too much, except it cut our EPCOT day short. We did see Illuminations that night in a prime viewing location though because everybody was afraid to go out and watch it in the rain! Bright side of the trip was no heat and low crowds due to the storm.

Going December 30-January 6 2014 :cool1: Planning to stay in the Wilderness Lodge Villas in 2 studios, but we have to wait another month to book since it is our home resort.

We know that the first two days there will be crazy, but it is a dream of mine to spend New Year's Eve at Disney and we hear it clears out after January 1st. We went back in 2006 that week and it was pretty quiet, so hopefully it has stayed that way :laughing:

I was really considering starting the trip on the 30 just so we could spend NYE at disney!

When did you go this past June? We went later in the month and were there for Tropical Storm Debby. Its the first time we have ever gone during the summer months and everyone thought we were crazy because of the heat. Well, I think it went about 80 once and every other day it was stormy :laughing: The storm didn't bother us too much, except it cut our EPCOT day short. We did see Illuminations that night in a prime viewing location though because everybody was afraid to go out and watch it in the rain! Bright side of the trip was no heat and low crowds due to the storm.

I'm pretty sure our dates were June 4 - 8th. Luckily, even when it did rain hard, we didn't have the high winds I heard they had later in the month. Most of the time is was just a slow steady rain. Although, this one time the DH had the oldest DS bring me something from our room while I was washing clothes at the Pop. I can't remember the room number, but we were in the 70's section. If you look at a map of the Pop Century, we were in the building that has a big wheel in the middle of the T-shape of the building, on the end closest to the main building. Actually we were the first room on the straight side of the T-shape all the way at the end. Basically, it wasn't that far of a walk to the wash room. It was raining so hard that by the time he got to me, his jeans were soaking wet. I had to make him change b/c once the clothes were dry, we were going to eat at the California Grill.

I'm hoping to get a good deal via a Bounceback offer when we go back to the World in 3 weeks!

We're only looking for a short 3 night stay in January to celebrate my middle daughters 5th birthday, probably 1/9-1/12/14.

I know it's most likely the marathon weekend, but it's the time that works best for us. From what I've read the lines aren't so bad, it's just hard to drive around, and we use Disney trans so hopefully it won't be a problem.

We'll see I guess... if any of you have ever done marathon weekend I'd be glad to hear your experiences...

I'm hoping to get a good deal via a Bounceback offer when we go back to the World in 3 weeks!

We're only looking for a short 3 night stay in January to celebrate my middle daughters 5th birthday, probably 1/9-1/12/14.

I know it's most likely the marathon weekend, but it's the time that works best for us. From what I've read the lines aren't so bad, it's just hard to drive around, and we use Disney trans so hopefully it won't be a problem.

We'll see I guess... if any of you have ever done marathon weekend I'd be glad to hear your experiences...

I, personally, have never gone during marathon weekend but I read that it wasn't too bad. We will be there during the same time but we were planning on spending those last 2 days at Universal/IOA.

I'm trying to plan a trip for our family Jan 2-8 2014! :cool1:

I'm having trouble with the disney website though - it won't let me select anything in 2014. Anyone else have this issue??

I'm trying to plan a trip for our family Jan 2-8 2014! :cool1:

I'm having trouble with the disney website though - it won't let me select anything in 2014. Anyone else have this issue??

Are you trying to do a package? If so, the 2014 packages aren't out yet. Have you tried doing just a room only?

I did try, but I couldn't figure out how to do a room only. I thought, before the website changes, that you could check for a room only for the next year before the packages came out.

It won't even let me do room-only prices. Boo!

I'm still trying to estimate prices as best as I can though!

katmg said:
It won't even let me do room-only prices. Boo!

I'm still trying to estimate prices as best as I can though!

That stinks!! I think the only new and improved on their website are the new and improved ways it is a pain in the rear.

I can't book yet either, when I spoke with a CM on the website chat they advised me that I could phone when I told them I lived abroad they advised that website bookings will be available by the end of August!!

EDIT: forgot to say I'm gouing to be there with my family 6th - 11th Jan 2014 if all goes well.

Here's hoping for a pin code so we can afford WL Jan 26-31, 2014. Fingers also crossed to meet the Queen from Snow White.

Would love to hear reports from Disney Jr. once Doc and Sofia are added.

Hubby & I are heading down on Jan 9th, and staying until the 18th. We are both going to partcipate in the Family Fun Run 5k. And my best friend and I will be doing the half marathon on Sunday. My friend will also be completing the Goofy challenge that weekend. So excited....324 days!!!

I am arranging a surprise trip for the DW and DS for January 4th through 15th. In total there are 9 extended family members. I m really curious to see if it stays secret until Xmas morning when I give them the present.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter