January 2014 Rental Car Deal Watch

I think this is just a computer glitch, because I found a workaround for that error. Have you tried deleting the code and putting it back in? That's what I have done to get it to work.
I've tried everything. Their manager at MCO emailed me. I'm trying to get the Visa code to work, lol. 20% off the insiders price and $30 off that. Why not go big or how home, lmao. We'll see.....

got my cheapest so far at dollar. for a standard jan 18-26 for total 192. used OCVB code

I'm at $152 Jan 11-18 at MCO for a full size. The full size has been consistently cheaper for me. This is with Thrifty using 5C11M. Thrifty has finally matched Dollar, their sister company, at MCO.

I'm at $152 Jan 11-18 at MCO for a full size. The full size has been consistently cheaper for me. This is with Thrifty using 5C11M. Thrifty has finally matched Dollar, their sister company, at MCO.
It's bizarre. that code is suppose to be 15% off. That gives me a total price of $184 for 9 days .
BUT
Then I put my CAA/AAA number in which entitled me to 8% off. With the 8% off my rate is $182 for 9 days.
So it seems like they jack the price up before they discount the 15%

It's bizarre. that code is suppose to be 15% off. That gives me a total price of $184 for 9 days . BUT Then I put my CAA/AAA number in which entitled me to 8% off. With the 8% off my rate is $182 for 9 days. So it seems like they jack the price up before they discount the 15%

When I used the AAA code it was more expensive for me. I just rebooked $145 for Jan 11-18 full sized. Down $6 from this morning.

When I used the AAA code it was more expensive for me. I just rebooked $145 for Jan 11-18 full sized. Down $6 from this morning.
Hmmm maybe CAA has a better savings then the AAA of 8%
The rates are still too high for my liking. I'll keep checking until we leave.

Anybody notice the Thrifty/Dollar went up almost $200 for a week rental overnight. DAYUM.

The Alamo VAN code makes the price the exact same as the insider price which is $45 more than I have my Thrifty rental for.

Still will check daily. 19 days and counting :)

I got my best price yet, yesterday from dollar. They sent me an e-amail and I clicked through and reserved. It was the 5c11m, but the price was better than I had gotten before. We got a full size 8 days with taxes and fees $174. Sorry I went back and looked and the code is 5c11e. I also checked the price again and got it down to $166 just now. Good luck everyone. My dates are Jan 25- Feb 1.

I got my best price yet, yesterday from dollar. They sent me an e-amail and I clicked through and reserved. It was the 5c11m, but the price was better than I had gotten before. We got a full size 8 days with taxes and fees $174. Sorry I went back and looked and the code is 5c11e. I also checked the price again and got it down to $166 just now. Good luck everyone. My dates are Jan 25- Feb 1.

checked twice so far today, its at $336 for my week with that code gut I am going 01/11-01/18. I think my $145 may be the best I am going to do :):scratchin

My dates are the 24th-2nd. I tried with a pick up time of noon and my total rate was $181. I switched it to the half hour and my rates was $170. SOoo on the half hour it is!

My pick-up time is on the half hour also. Maybe that info will help someone. Thanks to everyone who posts info on this thread,it's really helpful.

My pick-up time is on the half hour also. Maybe that info will help someone. Thanks to everyone who posts info on this thread,it's really helpful.

Its weird because when I chose noon it was the higher price.
When I chose 11:30 or 12:30 ..it was the same lesser priced rental. So its not like before noon was a lesser rate. I thought that was maybe the case at first before I tried 12:30.

I've been checking for the past couple of months for MLK week (18-25) and couldn't find anything under $200 even using codes. :sad2:

Just went to ALAMO and was able to book, no codes, a midsize for the week for $145 total! I am so the happy camper right now :cool1:

Down another $5 today from yesterday with 5C11M picking up on the half hour.
Now at $159 total for Jan 24th-Feb 2nd. Mid-sized car!
Woohoo!!!

I've been checking for the past couple of months for MLK week (18-25) and couldn't find anything under $200 even using codes. :sad2:

Just went to ALAMO and was able to book, no codes, a midsize for the week for $145 total! I am so the happy camper right now :cool1:

Excellent. :) Hey, maybe you'll be picking up our car when we drop it off before our Universal portion of our trip. :)

I'm holding steady over the past few days at $137 Dollar, and Alamo has gone up but I have it at $149. Would love to save just a little more!

The best I got for a full sized Jan 11-18 is $145 with Thrifty. It's now at $251

Thank you
I just used the code and got a full size for 8 nights and a total of $153.15 which is $30 better then the previous best rate I had found

Thanks again
Have a Disney Day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter