January 18 Magic

Rikersmom

DIS Veteran
Here and there I spot a post from someone who will be on the January 18 Western, but I haven't seen a thread about it. Did I miss it?

My husband & I are veteran Disney cruisers. This will be our first Western--we were booked on one in the fall, but hurricanes caused us to miss the usual Western ports of call.

Looking forward to Captain Marvin's and seeing those fantastic sting rays.

Any other couples or families?

Hi there. DH and I will be on the cruise with our 3 year old. We are really looking forward to it. We are travelling with friends who have a 5 year old daughter and also our of our mother and MIL.

We've been on the eastern cruise twice and this is the first time for the western cruise. I can't wait to go. We are going on the Friday before and staying over at the Hyatt at the airport. That way we'll be fresh on Saturday for boarding!

See you there!!!

Maureen

Hi Everyone! Our family including our 10 year old son and 11 year old daughter will be there along with another family of friends who are traveling with their 12 year old daughter.

We did the Eastern last feb and loved it & had to do the Western this year! We all are also flying in night before and staying close to airport at Courtyard. (Thanks to our friends on the Dis board we got a great rate via priceline & our airfare we grabbed on Southwest was a steal as well!!)

We'll try and spot you all on the first Disney bus!

Have a safe trip to Orlando!

The Barnes & Shaw Families
Connecticut

We will be on the Jan 18th Western too. My family is DH, DD (9 11/12) and DS (8 5/12). We're part of the DDL group that is sailing.

For the DIS folks, is anyone planning on wearing lime green - ribbons/shirts/shorts? There are 2 other Jan 18th threads, but I haven't seen any mention of trying to get DIS people together.

Diana

Hi everyone ! Not to long before we board the Magic ! My husband and I are cruising with our 8 1/2 yr old grandson, Nick. This ,too, is our 1st western cruise on the Magic. But have sailed on the eastern and also a 4-day. Nick is very excited about the activities in the Lab and making some new friends ! We'll be at the Raddison the night before. I'll wear my green ribbon in the cruise terminal, look for me ! We have 1st ( main ) seating, our cabin is a Nav veranda on 7. We are doing the Fury Catamaran in Cozumel and may play mini golf and shop; in Grand Caymen we are doing the Capt Marvin's Sting Ray City 11:15 tour. Have you started packing ?? I'm going to try to pack light this time, like just one dressy dress, and maybe 3 pr of shoes instead of 6 ! SMILE !! Just 10 more days ya'll !:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I don't have a lime green ribbon, but I do have some lime green shorts! They're hard to miss!

On Sunday we'll do a quick Key West tour. DH and I have been there many times. The kids want to see the treasure museum - but they're not into bar-hopping yet. :p DH and I want to be back on the ship in time for the NFC Championship! Go Bucs!!

We also have the main seating. We're on Deck 6, in a veranda room. We're going to Stingray City with NativeWay in GC.

We're planning to snorkel at Chaakanaab Park in the AM, but we're going to mini-golf in the afternoon. After snorkeling all morning, I'll be ready for some cool sangria and shade.:smooth:

I'm going on the Jan 18. Its our first cruise. It will be me, my sister and our boys (3 & 4)

azreial, There will be 6 adults from my family and my 4yo grandson. He'll be in the same group with your boys. See ya soon!

Rikersmom -

I want to come and be table mates with you and "Rikersdad" again!

Love,
Michael and family

We had such a great time on our last cruise. Wish Rae & Michael could be with us this time.

I'll be wearing a lime green ribbon most of the time--I have one tied to my lanyard.

Just booked the 11:15 Captain Marvin's tour, so maybe we'll be on the same boat as some of you.

Karen

We finally received our documents today! I can't wait to get home and go through them! This makes it real. In less than two weeks I'll be enjoying the warm sun and fun!:bounce:

Rickersmom : I'm excited to know someone on the 11:15 Capt Marvin tour . We'll have our 8 1/2 yr old grandson with us. I'm not sure about the sting rays, but I hear Capt M's tours are the best...see you there ! Just 9 more days ! I hope we have good weather and everyone stays well ! Wish your buddy Rae was on the cruise too.I always enjoy her posts.

is your grandson getting excited, my nephew wants to go now!!
Originally posted by lpursell
azreial, There will be 6 adults from my family and my 4yo grandson. He'll be in the same group with your boys. See ya soon!

No, he's more excited about the airplane flight and Disneyworld, probably because he's already been to Disneyland and knows he likes it.

I was kinda bummed today when I read about the current cruisers not being able to dock in Grand Caymen. I hope we have better luck!

DH and me are on the 1/18 Magic with the DDL group. Got our docs today and we are soooo psyched!

We are doing the Conch Train on our own, Nativeways Stingray and maybe Mr. Sancho's in Cozumel. We are so looking forward to the stingrays in Grand Cayman, I'd be bummed if we can't tender in.

Not long now!!

Arlene:Pinkbounc

I have such mixed feelings about the stingrays. We were booked on the western in September, and it took me a long time to get up the courage to book Captain Marvin's. (I'm still not sure that I'll be getting into the water--I may just enjoy them from the boat.) Anyway, due to hurricanes, we were re-routed and never made it to Grand Cayman.

I have two friends on the current cruise. One of them was planning to snorkel a shipwreck--I hope she wasn't too disappointed not to make it.

I just need some sunshine!

Magic Cruiser--I look forward to meeting you and your grandson. Our friend Michael (Rae's son) was such a delight on the September cruise.

Arlenerose, What is the DDL group?

Karen

Hi everyone! I booked our excursions last night. We are going on the Conch trolly or train in Key West, the land and sea island tour in Grand Cayman and the Dolphin Discovery in Cozumel. Our friends are going on the Atlantis submarine in Cozumel, but since our son won't be 4 until May, he's too young for it. It has something to do with the depth the submarine goes to and possible ear damage in children under 4.

After reading that the boat missed Grand Cayman this week, I've got a question. It tenders into Grand Cayman. Does it tender into Cozumel or pull into a dock? Also, when you get to Cozumel the night before at 10:00 p.m., are people allowed off the ship? Not that I'd be getting off the ship at 10 p.m. with a 3 1/2 year old anyway, just curious.

I took the suitcases down the other day. I can't wait to fill them and get on our way!!!

Thanks.

Maureen

:bounce: I'm so excited I can't stand it. I've been planning...okay, okay, I've been obsessing about this cruise for so long and I can't believe it's almost here! I just found out last night that I got a new job and they want to send me to training but guess what...it's in Orlando next week. So I get to fly down Tuesday night...YES! 3 extra days in Disney alone...aahhh what a start to a Magical vacation. Too bad for DH he has to travel with DD alone...tee, hee, hee. No really I'm going to miss them next week but what an exciting couple of weeks this is going to be. Looking forward to see everyone on the ship. I don't have a lime green ribbon but I'm sure I'll run into many of you on the trip. Last year someone recognized my name on the Avis shuttle...not too many Becka's from MD. Oh well, off to work to give notice. :smooth:

Becka--

Wow! Is your training at WDW?

I was once on vacation with my husband, and he had to return early for business. I had two days solo--it was so peaceful, and I got to do all the things that I like but that he doesn't care to see--mostly stage shows.

See you real soon,
Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!