January 16, 2023 - 5-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Miami (Castaway Cay, Cozumel)

RottenTwinkie

Earning My Ears
I just learned about the fish extender program and would love to get involved on our next cruise! This thread is for anyone interested in doing the exchange for this cruise.

We also just booked our first time on DCL - and just read about fish extenders. We are excited to participate. We got 2 girls, 3yo and 6yo, who would get a big kick out of this.

Any veterans here familiar with the process. Do we set some reasonable gift amount limits and exchange room numbers?

It sounds like a lot of folks use Facebook Groups, but we aren't on Facebook - so I'm thrilled to find this group of fish extenders!

Last edited:

Couple things...

7 year old boy and 4 year old girl, we'd love to join in on fish.

We are on this cruise in Concierge, got a cabana for Castaway Cay....so if anyone has similar age children and would like to share it, let me know. We originally had extended family with us, but now it's just our party of 4 so we have room!

I have a 7 year old boy and 6 year old girl...would love to hang in castaway cay and will split cost of cabana with you for sure since we're in first cruiser pauper class lol!!! :)

We are a family group of 8 adults. This is the second cruise for some in our family and first for others. We’re excited to do the fish extenders and meet some fellow cruisers.

We also just booked our first time on DCL - and just read about fish extenders. We are excited to participate. We got 2 girls, 3yo and 6yo, who would get a big kick out of this.

Any veterans here familiar with the process. Do we set some reasonable gift amount limits and exchange room numbers?

It sounds like a lot of folks use Facebook Groups, but we aren't on Facebook - so I'm thrilled to find this group of fish extenders!
It’s been a long time since I did this, but I think we did have an expected spend limit (You we’re allowed to go over, but wouldn’t expect people to do the same.)

We gave our room numbers and told the amount of people and ages in the room and any allergies.

Some people have a small gift every day. Some just did something once. I think it’s really up to you.

And, of course, we can all agree to whatever we’d like.

Oh I think we all included something from our own home area too. Like a post card or even a pamphlet or trinket from the area you live in. That was fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!